IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

stefano_mbp,

5. BubbleUPnP with HQPlayer embedded while streaming Qobuz, no gapless.

HQPlayer on its own playing files from my drive works perfectly gapless.

• HQPE 1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM
  • Streaming Qobuz or playing files from external SSD
  • Surface Go 3 i3 Tablet with HQPlayer Client
  • ISP Cable Modem -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule 
  • Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical -> USB -> Holo Audio KTE May
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s
12 hours ago, Miska said:

I tested on my older NUC5i5RYH and looks like it works, but extremely slowly.

I have reverted the build changes and went back to old school build and now it works again. You can try the new 4.22.2 release, should work...

Tried Debian 10 Buster 4.22.2-65

Working i7 8700 cannot do DSD256 7ECext2.

Can do DSD128 7ECext2 at 75% CPU usage.

7 minutes ago, maya said:

So Debian Buster has no  comparable version with focal HQPe yet.

Yes, thanks to broken compiler shipped by Debian. OTOH, the old style build works on older CPUs too, so a good choice for someone seeking to use older CPUs, or some more recent Atom/Celeron/Pentium models that lack AVX2.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

5 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

... gapless is an indispensable feature, a gapless missing sw is clearly ... incomplete and not acceptable... try to listen to Pink Floyd, any Opera, Goldberg Variations without gapless, you loose the joy of listening, at all

Use HQPlayer's library for that. Or some application that uses HQPlayer API for streaming instead of UPnP, like Roon for example.

I've told you before that it likely won't work as long as you stick to MinimServer.

I think someone had gapless working with LMS plugin to HQPlayer Embedded over UPnP. And I have it working with Audirvana (in conditions I mentioned).

Mind posting your HQPlayer settings?

1 minute ago, Miska said:

I've told you before that it likely won't work as long as you stick to MinimServer

but it doesn't work even with Audirvana and Euphony ....

and the library management of HQPlayer is .... let me say ...the worst I’ve ever seen ... album and artist only, no composer, no conductor, no work .... how can you browse a classical music library without those basic criteria?

Roon ... actually not my cup of tea for classical music ... tried it but even new 1.8 is a real headache for classical music: compositions appear in different ways, different syntax for the same work, Composers appear at least in two different syntax ... therefore focus function cannot retrieve all albums I’m searching for, some albums disappear from the library ... Roon is not, yet, good for classical music and therefore is an absurd cost given the current result 

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

but it doesn't work even with Audirvana and Euphony ....

Of course it does work with Audirvana. I use it all the time playing to HQP Embedded UPnP input...

Jussi asked you to share all your HQP settings.

Share screenshots of your config page and your Audirvana settings.

More you share, easier it is to help. Less you share, it will be difficult to solve.

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

and the library management of HQPlayer is .... let me say ...the worst I’ve ever seen ... album and artist only, no composer, no conductor, no work .... how can you browse a classical music library without those basic criteria?

Of course there is composer, conductor, work etc at HQPlayer. Try for example searching by composer or conductor.

Screenshot_2021-02-25_13-49-25.thumb.png.a8170b90e93f5ae3a49be811c6215d5e.png

Screenshot_2021-02-25_13-49-59.thumb.png.717d25901b35c3fff630674d6ec6faf0.png

17 hours ago, Miska said:

I have reverted the build changes and went back to old school build and now it works again. You can try the new 4.22.2 release, should work...

Hi miska and acatala

My Debian 10 for focal 4.19 build can do Buster HQPe 4.22.1 ! it  works perfectly!

i7 8700 can do DSD256 7EC-ext2 with ease, very good sound

as only 1.9G used ! Lots of space left for an Optane 16G.

20210225_195646.jpg

20210225_210217.jpg

20210225_210409.jpg

On 2/24/2021 at 6:40 PM, Miska said:

Yes, it runs well on 9900K and some things may be faster. But what I've seen so far, the differences are small. And now both include the same GPU support too.

So now I only see one .deb option for latest release, right?

No longer 2 separate options?

image.png.6e5f63e87d8e391f64f988ecfa02bc81.png

14 minutes ago, maya said:

Debian Buster if want to install Focal 4.19 HOPe one needs to install a series of dependencies, a painful and confusing process again...

So Buster HQPe 4.22.1 can drop CPU Usage by 30 % !

Great !!

But your Debian OS  needs to be installed with necessary dependencies.

Buster HOPe 4.22.1-63 is a milestone development with its DSP optimization it consumes much less resources.

If under a sonic wise kernel, yes kernel will also play a vital role in SQ, this HQPe will promise to have an excellent SQ !

For these systems like mine without AMD GPU I think it is the best choice !

Many thanks to miska !

19 hours ago, Miska said:

Confirmed. It works, now!!

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Miska said:

There are two, 4.22.2-65 and 4.22.2-66amd

Hi Jessica, 

Focal 4.22.2-65

* Needs to install ROCm                  libraries?

* Having DSP initialized cache          coverage 

* Can drop CPU usage by 30           % for Intel CPU snd AMD CPU       system 

Is that correct ?