IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Hi Miska.Got it to work but disk space went from 15.2 % to 21.4 % out of 113 gb.Does this seem right or is there a way of removing stuff after updating hqplayer thats not needed ?

Hi outlaw.

Mine is a lot less.

rpool/data/subvol-310-disk-0    32768M    3646M    29123M  12% /
none                                1M       1M        1M   1% /dev
tmpfs                           16048M     445M    15603M   3% /dev/shm
tmpfs                            3210M       1M     3210M   1% /run
tmpfs                               5M       0M        5M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs                           16048M       0M    16048M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup

This is sometimes my working machine , so its a VM on proxmox lxc.. 3.54 GB usage.

The 445M in /dev/shm is because I'm streaming from memory.

15 hours ago, michaelvv said:

Just send your my new fingerprint.

Thanks you very much for everything..

Thanks for the key , enjoying the new poly-sinc-ext3 filter...

When using this filter it's the first time I can enjoy DSD , on my home brewed tube amp setup.

It's so fun to be able just to choose filter and not crash my server.

Picture af my 4P1L preamp without external PSU , it looks like shit.

conv-IMG_3010.jpg

Anyone else experiencing the occasional, 1 in 20 or sometimes 1 in 5, tracks that is white noise with 4.23.0?

I've not experienced this problem with 4.22.3 ever that I recall. Same physical setup, only updated to 4.23.0 yesterday.

Hi @Miska, I am evaluating the HQPe, but, I have couple questions that want to get your advice.

Now, I would like to install the Roon and HQPe on the same machine and I will also setup a NAA to my DAC. Thus I would like to clarify the following questions:

1. Can I get the HQPe OS and install Roon onto it? Or I need to build a Ubuntu OS then install HQPe and Roon?

2. As I know that Ubuntu OS can support on NVIDIA GPU, do I need to install cuda driver in the Ubuntu manually?

3. For Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, is it better to use low latency kernel for HPQe?

Appreciate you can provide me some guidance on it.

Thanks,

Louie

3 hours ago, lpost said:

Anyone else experiencing the occasional, 1 in 20 or sometimes 1 in 5, tracks that is white noise with 4.23.0?

I've not experienced this problem with 4.22.3 ever that I recall. Same physical setup, only updated to 4.23.0 yesterday.

Having the same issue, hope it will be fixed in the next update. 

5 hours ago, lpost said:

I have been playing for at least 9 hours yesterday , and I haven't had any white noise at all.

If you like , I'll try the your settings if I have a screenshot of them..

13 hours ago, Miska said:

I have now updated Ubuntu package builds to 4.23.1 and dependencies corresponding to AMD's ROCm 4.2.0 release.

Hi Miska,

I am currently running Hqplayer Desktop on Mac mini M1. The recent release with new poly-sinc-ext3 is really nice. But M1 is not capable of doing the job  poly-sinc-ext3 + DSD 256 EC. Is there any off-shelf computer you would recommend to run your Hqplayer Embedded OS? I do not have problem to purchase another license for Embedded. 

Thank you!

Daniel 

8 hours ago, lpost said:

Which build? Settings?

5 hours ago, seasusa said:

Having the same issue, hope it will be fixed in the next update.

I need to be able to reproduce the issue in order to do anything about it. There are no changes to the algorithms unless you are using one of the new filters.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

6 hours ago, Louie said:

1. Can I get the HQPe OS and install Roon onto it? Or I need to build a Ubuntu OS then install HQPe and Roon?

It is practically impossible to install anything on HQPlayer OS. So you'd need to use some regular distribution like Ubuntu.

7 hours ago, Louie said:

2. As I know that Ubuntu OS can support on NVIDIA GPU, do I need to install cuda driver in the Ubuntu manually?

Yes, it would be necessary to install Nvidia driver from their CUDA repository. Easiest way to keep it up to date in sync with CUDA updates and  HQPlayer.

7 hours ago, Louie said:

3. For Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, is it better to use low latency kernel for HPQe?

Yes, either their low latency kernel or my custom kernel. If you use a NAA; then you are fine with their low latency kernel since the audio driver updates I've been maintaining are not necessary.

2 minutes ago, ingemar said:

Trying to use the latest hqplayer with roon and win 10 pro without any succes,it's just telling me "no answer"probably some pilot error but where do i go wrong??

This is at startup time? Are you using a NAA or what kind of output? At this stage HQPlayer is trying to open the audio device which seems to be making things stuck.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Which build? Settings?

I need to be able to reproduce the issue in order to do anything about it. There are no changes to the algorithms unless you are using one of the new filters.

The version is hqplayer embedded 4.23.0. Only PCM upsampling to 192. Thanks 

Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 14.45.31.png

Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 14.45.18.png

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Which build? Settings?

I am primarily using ext3 with PCM-only but the issue occurs with ext2 as well. I've tried default, 100ms and 200ms buffer as well as adding sync buffer of 100ms in Roon. No change. I first had it occur with an internet radio stream. I found that if I stop and restart the stream it would usually work fine, for hours, but other times it would take 2-3 tries. Then it began to occur randomly while playing PCM tracks. It always occurred at the beginning of a new track. Sometimes restarting the track, etiher local file or Qobuz, would fix the issue, other times it would not and I'd have to retry 2-3 times before it would play properly.

I also tried reducing from 20-bit to 16-bit. No change.

3-10 tracks would then play as normal before it would occur again. I'll switch back to 4.22.3 today and see if I the issue occurs or not.

Thanks and let me know if you can use any more info.

1799700864_ScreenShot2021-05-21at7_15_01AM.thumb.png.ca474d7972cd4716479cf5f744543816.png1544938666_ScreenShot2021-05-21at7_14_48AM.thumb.png.4c908b9a5dea843c8b4312538c5e17ad.png

2 hours ago, Miska said:

It is practically impossible to install anything on HQPlayer OS. So you'd need to use some regular distribution like Ubuntu.

Yes, it would be necessary to install Nvidia driver from their CUDA repository. Easiest way to keep it up to date in sync with CUDA updates and  HQPlayer.

Yes, either their low latency kernel or my custom kernel. If you use a NAA; then you are fine with their low latency kernel since the audio driver updates I've been maintaining are not necessary.

Where I can find your custom kernel for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS?