IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

11 minutes ago, Rune said:

Are there any option for AMD optimized with Nvidia?

Not at the moment. Likely it would be for both AMD and Nvidia GPUs at once. Although actually including AMD GPU support is quite a bit easier and could be better "brand match" for AMD CPUs. So that may be something I look into including first. Once I get the new AMD GPU in first place.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 2/9/2021 at 7:04 PM, Outlaw said:

Hi Miska.I noticed when i check about it says licencse trial.Reload license key still says trial.Did not make any changes ? The reason I checked music was stopping after half hour

I have a the new fingerprint problem on my AMD machine. Most times I can reboot a couple of times and the fingerprint will go back to what my license has...really weird. Absolutely no HW changes and I'm booting HQPeOS from USB stick.

9 hours ago, Miska said:

Not at the moment. Likely it would be for both AMD and Nvidia GPUs at once. Although actually including AMD GPU support is quite a bit easier and could be better "brand match" for AMD CPUs. So that may be something I look into including first. Once I get the new AMD GPU in first place.

I have no issue with it taking time before the combination of AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU happens.

But I do hope it is on the road map as I have ordered a RTX 3090 to go with my 5950X. 

Will probably have to wait month before I receive it.

17 hours ago, Miska said:

ROCm libraries make absolutely no effect on anything unless you have AMD GPU. They go totally unused.

Install the latest focal 4.22.2-66 

There's further  2 to 3 % drop in CPU usage now DSD256 7ECext2 at 85% instead of 90% on previous version !

Great !

20210224_094159.jpg

On 2/22/2021 at 7:59 PM, Miska said:

There are two

1) Intel optimized one with support for Nvidia and AMD GPUs and runs also on older CPUs.

2) AMD/(Intel) optimized one that doesn't have support GPUs or older CPUs.

Buster and FC33 builds are pretty much equivalent of the (2) now with small OS specific differences.

HQPlayer OS is like (1), but without GPU support.

For HQPe on Focal, which of the 2 would you recommended for i9-9900K without separate GPU ?

#1 ?

Hi @Miska,

I am having some trouble with HQPlayer Embedded 4.22.1. I have to say that hqplayerd 4.22.0 is working fine but 4.22.1 is not.

Yesterday, after upgrading to 4.22.1 the first thing I noticed was that if I tried to access the webpage at 8088 port I got an error because the web was not available yet. It was available after a few more seconds. At this point, I tried to play music and nothings played, so I went to config page and clicked on Apply button in order to force a reload. I got the wait 10 seconds message and after that the page was still not available until a few more seconds. When the page was available again, I tried to play music again... and the same: Nothing. I rolled back to hqplayerd 4.22.0 and everything worked again.

Today I have tried once and the same result, so I am staying at 4.22.0.

I have enable the logging and I have zipped a couple of log files for you: one from hqplayer 4.22.0 and the other from 4.22.1. 

hqplayer.log.zip

4 minutes ago, Miska said:

Which build of Embedded is this? What is the CPU model?

From the log files I don't spot anything going wrong.

That's what it seemed to me too.

The file is hqplayerd_4.22.1-63_amd64.deb.  HQPlayer Embedded is running on an Intel NUC, here is the output to lscpu command:

Arquitectura:                        x86_64
modo(s) de operación de las CPUs:    32-bit, 64-bit
Orden de los bytes:                  Little Endian
Tamaños de las direcciones:          39 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
CPU(s):                              4
Lista de la(s) CPU(s) en línea:      0-3
Hilo(s) de procesamiento por núcleo: 2
Núcleo(s) por «socket»:              2
«Socket(s)»                          1
Modo(s) NUMA:                        1
ID de fabricante:                    GenuineIntel
Familia de CPU:                      6
Modelo:                              142
Nombre del modelo:                   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7567U CPU @ 3.50GHz
Revisión:                            9
CPU MHz:                             1600.270
CPU MHz máx.:                        4000,0000
CPU MHz mín.:                        400,0000
BogoMIPS:                            7008.00
Virtualización:                      VT-x
Caché L1d:                           32K
Caché L1i:                           32K
Caché L2:                            256K
Caché L3:                            4096K
CPU(s) del nodo NUMA 0:              0-3
Indicadores:                         fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc art arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc cpuid aperfmperf tsc_known_freq pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 sdbg fma cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch cpuid_fault epb invpcid_single pti ibrs ibpb stibp tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid ept_ad fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid mpx rdseed adx smap clflushopt intel_pt xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1 xsaves dtherm ida arat pln pts hwp hwp_notify hwp_act_window hwp_epp

9 minutes ago, Miska said:

Focal or Buster build running on corresponding OS?

The CPU looks fine, shouldn't be an issue.

Yes, it is the Buster build running on Debian 10.7

Weird, right?

HQPlayer Embedded 4.22.0 works fine (and the previous versions too). I can keep the version.

I am going to upgrade Debian to 10.8, although I guess it would not be a game changer.

2 minutes ago, acatala said:

Yes, it is the Buster build running on Debian 10.7

Weird, right?

HQPlayer Embedded 4.22.0 works fine (and the previous versions too). I can keep the version.

I am going to upgrade Debian to 10.8, although I guess it would not be a game changer.

I think it was precisely that step when I switched the build to AVX2-only from the previous compatibility build...

Could be related...

11 minutes ago, Miska said:

I think it was precisely that step when I switched the build to AVX2-only from the previous compatibility build...

Could be related...

I have upgraded Debian to 10.8 and rebooted the NUC.

The same: 4.22.1 is not working for me but 4.22.0 works fine.

I attach you both logs from the execution of the daemon. Everything seems fine, but ... it won't work.

hqplayerd.log.zip

2 hours ago, acatala said:

I have upgraded Debian to 10.8 and rebooted the NUC.

The same: 4.22.1 is not working for me but 4.22.0 works fine.

I tested on my older NUC5i5RYH and looks like it works, but extremely slowly.

I have reverted the build changes and went back to old school build and now it works again. You can try the new 4.22.2 release, should work...

24 minutes ago, Miska said:

I tested on my older NUC5i5RYH and looks like it works, but extremely slowly.

I have reverted the build changes and went back to old school build and now it works again. You can try the new 4.22.2 release, should work...

The NUC is  not right now with me. I will try tomorrow and I will tell you. Thanks, @Miska

HQPlayer Embedded: gapless issues

1. Lumïn app, Bubbleupnpserver, MinimServer: gapless doesn’t work
  2. MConnect, Minimserver: gapless doesn't work
  3. Audirvana, HQplayerd: gapless doesn't work
  4. Euphony, HQPlayerd: gapless doesn't work

... very different situations and gapless is not working .... something in HQPlayer Embedded is not working as it should, isn't it?

Stefano

My audio system