IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

55 minutes ago, esldude said:

So when 4G on 900 mhz and 2.5 ghz get replaced by 15 ghz 5G that looks like a big problem to me.  15 ghz gets negatively effected by rain and leaves.  

My guess is 5G gets used for something like backhaul or in dense city centers or even partly replaces fiber in far flung places.  I don't see how it gets to be all that big an improvement for hand held cellular.  Now if it gets distributed in high density virtually everywhere anyone might be it could work, and I don't doubt in the future that is the likely result.  I don't think we'll see anything like that in the USA for 20 years.  

That's my opinion as well. I hope we have really fast 5G and it works perfect, but I don't think it's going to be here soon and work like most people want. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, Archimago said:

Probably not unreasonable to consider that maybe ML is resurrecting that old blog post because his material is becoming less and less relevant and insightful.

Must "cash in" on all the clicks being dedicated to MQA on forums perhaps!?

I’m sure people will take the bait and comment up a storm. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, FredericV said:

He's probably using TOR or some VPN provider with different global exit points. In tor browser bundle, you can change your exit node by just clicking on some button.

Are TOR / VPN ip's allowed to post CA? Some fora filter those IP's, some admins already filter it in apache or webserver, so it does not reach the forum backend.

Yeah, with tor it’s simple. Even I use it sometimes. 

I prefer people don’t use tor or vpns or ad blockers, but trying to stop them is a fools errand. 

7 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

Suspicious of what? I joined here to specifically participate in this thread.

I have my issues with MQA, but I am also trying to understand all the venom spewed towards it.

The email i created was so I could keep track of this forum and its posts. No malicious intent.

Thanks for the follow up. 

I'll take you at your word. Even though the signs point to something nefarious, they could equally be benign. 

Hopefully you understand my suspicion because MQA is such a volatile topic and many people have shown they can't handle this thread without losing their minds.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, mansr said:

That's not an affiliate tag. ArkivMusic puts those tags in the links to featured albums on the composer/performer pages.

Thanks!

I've removed the text from my comment so as not to report fake news.

I just signed up for the affiliate program to see if I could reproduce the link. Guess I can stop the research.