IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

12 hours ago, firedog said:

Really out of line. What happened to guy preaching endlessly to us about "civility"?

Please don't ever come here and preach to us about civility again. You just lost all moral standing on the issue.聽

Sorry, Firedog and KO. It was meant lightly. This thread has never been all that good when it comes to recognizing irony.

It's just that Keen has been so intense about a subject that really hasn't mattered to very many people鈥攏ot even that many audiophiles鈥攁nd is now kind of irrelevant. ("Tempest in a teapot" is spot-on, Archimago, and as Chris said in his intro at the infamous RMAF seminar: "We're not talking about killing puppies here," or something like that.) Do we need an "MQA Truth and Reconciliation Commission?" Happy to serve, if there is one.

One last thing, Keen.

I am a doctor.

Now what?

21 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I did not say MQA is "not lossy." What I wrote was that "While it is true that the bits in an MQA-encoded file are not the same as those in the original hi-rez file, this does not necessarily mean that the format is 'lossy' in the manner that MP3, AAC, etc are lossy."

The answer to the above is simply, "So what?" Does MQA retain all the musical content of the original recording? No, it does not. All the marketing claims of MQA, apart from reducing the size of the original file, are simply BS!

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

3 hours ago, Allan F said:

The answer to the above is simply, "So what?" Does MQA retain all the musical content of the original recording? No, it does not. All the marketing claims of MQA, apart from reducing the size of the original file, are simply BS!

I think you quoted the wrong person.

No electron left behind.

9 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

@The Computer Audiophile聽aren't all of Fx's non-substantive replies in which he's carefully steered around any questions posed to him an example of outright trolling and nothing more?

@firedog聽and others have pointed out that Fx doesn't even seem to know what constitutes a real test (or not a real test), and his recent non-response to @Jud聽is yet another example of zero substance and all troll. That kind of sheer idiocy is what often provokes a less than polite response, and yet there has been nothing but tolerance and patience with him here, counter to the fake news lack of civility charge often bandied about by the trade press and other MQA-supporters when describing this forum.

I see why you've given Fx a long leash here, because he's more than hung himself and continues to put his foot in his mouth with every post (I won't call them responses because they aren't). Strange that those so uninformed don't keep their mouth shut for fear of exposing themselves as know-nothings.

The response when expecting wild claims made here might actually have some substance to back them up...