IGNORED

I think I'm bored with audio now.

Hailey

A little encouragement for your intended purchase. The parrot photo does show that the camera can deliver a very pleasing image . Vivid colors and nice detail. I've had DSLR lenses that cost more than the Sony bridge camera, were much bigger and much heavier and they didn't reliably deliver such good results.

The photo you posted doesn't allow for pixel peeping but it is one piece of positive information.

I have been using a PANASONIC fz1000 bridge camera with 25-400mm eq. zoom range and 1" sensor since last November on exercise walks in my neighborhood. The FZ1000 has produced lots of pictures that I really enjoy. This gallery has galeries of neighborhood pictures taken with the FZ1000 and galleries of closeups taken with a larger sensor m43 camera and 60mm macro lens. (The neighborhood closeups gallery photos were taken with the m43 camera and macro lens.)

I too am tired of changing lenses. The FZ1000 has been successful for me and I expect that the Sony will be successful for you.

Thank you. The FZ1000 was also on my shortlist, is much more compact, and remains a contender for my dollars. More research to do.

JC

See also:

And whats more ... she wants to buy a Bose system :-)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

She should buy whatever she wants! She's a saint married to that dolt! That was funny as hell!

David ... not sure if you've ever seen it ... but the whole "video" reminded me of another one ...

[video=youtube;ZCBe7-6rw4M]

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

My favourite film stocks were Kodak Panatomic-X and Technical Pan for B&W and 35mm Kodachrome 25 reversal film for colour. The Pan-X was discontinued because of it's hazardous cadmium content.

I shot a lot of Tech Pan and developed it with Technidol developer. Prints are stunning with it's ASA 16 film speed and practically nil grain structure. I seriously doubt any current digital medium format camera could produce an equivalent print. I wrote of Tech Pan at the beginning of page 8, but just found out today about this:

Rollei ATP1.1 Medium Format Film

Maybe it's time to resume my photographic skills, but this time as a hobby.

Here's link to American site:

Rollei USA

... and the German site:

Rollei Stative, Actioncams und Foto Zubehör online kaufen

• 2 weeks later...
That's exactly what I've been doing. I'm 100% content with my audio system so I just listen to tunes and now my focus is on modifying and building up my Jeep for gnarly adventures. Too bad the Lion's Back trail was shut down.

Holy crap. THAT'S definitely gnarly.

So guys - what is wrong with this picture and how could I make it better? iPhone 6S. -Paul

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30034[/ATTACH]

Frankly, as it currently stands, it's boring.

It's salvageable with a bit of cropping, however. It needs less sky and more foreground. I would crop the sky area between moon and top of the highest peak.

Foreground area is the most interesting part of the image.

Frankly, as it currently stands, it's boring.

It's salvageable with a bit of cropping, however. It needs less sky and more foreground. I would crop the sky area between moon and top of the highest peak.

Foreground area is the most interesting part of the image.

A little curve tweaking would probably make it much more interesting.

So guys - what is wrong with this picture and how could I make it better? iPhone 6S. -Paul

Probably too much sky. Putting the horizon right in the middle is a delicate art. Some specialize in it, the English industrial landscapist John Davies for example. But in general it's very difficult to get exactly right and should be avoided.

But if you are showing a lot of foreground, you need something with strong direction to guide the eye, like this:

30371119562_88b790af86_z_d.jpg

Otherwise the photo could look disorganized.

Super thanks for the tips - is this close to what you guys were thinking? (Rank Amateur here guys. No advice too rough or unappreciated. :))

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30040[/ATTACH]

Yes. And if you don't mind doing more editing, either get rid of the moon or moving it to a better place. Darken the duller sand bank on the lower right. And if you feel adventurous, increase the vibrancy on the brighter colored sand "river".

Super thanks for the tips - is this close to what you guys were thinking? (Rank Amateur here guys. No advice too rough or unappreciated. :))

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30040[/ATTACH]

The HDR effect looks a bit overcooked to my eyes but the framing has made it more balanced.

The problem for me is the lighting; it's too flat due to the high position of the Sun.

Try to go back in the morning and/or in the afternoon and the landscape will gain a new life.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

Put something of interest in the shot. Right now, there is nothing to draw the viewer's eye to the photo. And when adding viewer interest to a scene, keep in mind the " law of thirds".

George