IGNORED

I think I'm bored with audio now.

Hailey

Very nice photos, especially this one IMO. Reminds me of van Gogh.

BTW - Kodachrome was like a very good hi-fi. Velvia - pure hi-end.. :) IMO

One of the fun things about Fuji are the built in film simulations.

I can choose between Velvia, Provia, Astia, and even Kodachrome (called "Classic Chrome" probably for IP reasons) directly for my in-camera jpegs.

Most of the time I obviously shoot raw and apply those changes in post-production, but it is very interesting to see the effect right in your cameras viewfinder while shooting.

I hoped someone would say that! Took some time though.. ;)

BTW it's interesting how many people here are into photography (some time ago I began posting some photos of mine on my prophile, comments are welcome :)) and bikes! I myself am into both. Anybody has some explanation for this audio-photo-bikes interests triangle.?

Yep, there's something about cats.

Not too fond of them myself, though.

Much prefer dogs or hamsters. :)

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

I'm seriously considering one of these to use as an all in one camera. I'm past dealing with separate lenses, etc. etc. It offers a superb 24-600mm zoom range at reasonable speed too. Ideally I would like something less bulky, but that's whay the lens has the range it does. It may be just what I need for a take anywhere, do it all, camera.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-rx10-iii

5169300_sd.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

Wow.. nice legs, man! :);):)

Thank you. And this year, I have number four besides audio-photo-bikes. It is my new born son, who changed "some"thing. And there is still enough time for music. He sleeps from 7pm on.

In contrast - my biking is near zero level now, it is an extremely time-devouring sport - if you do it right. ;)

I'm seriously considering one of these to use as an all in one camera. I'm past dealing with separate lenses, etc. etc. It offers a superb 24-600mm zoom range at reasonable speed too. Ideally I would like something less bulky, but that's whay the lens has the range it does. It may be just what I need for a take anywhere, do it all, camera.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-rx10-iii

5169300_sd.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

My cousin has the previous version and the image quality is OK for the casual, undemanding person that will not print large.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

Thank you. And this year, I have number four besides audio-photo-bikes. It is my new born son, who changed "some"thing. And there is still enough time for music. He sleeps from 7pm on.

In contrast - my biking is near zero level now, it is an extremely time-devouring sport - if you do it right. ;)

Congrats on your new born son! BTW it's interesting how kids perceive music. When my son was 3-4 years old I used to play Metallica 'Load' songs no 7 and 14 a lot. When he was in his teens and listened to these songs in more mature way he told me 'Dad these sound to me like lullabies!'. Some of my friends' kids used to fell asleep faster when heavy metal was played in the house!
Congrats on your new born son! BTW it's interesting how kids perceive music. When my son was 3-4 years old I used to play Metallica 'Load' songs no 7 and 14 a lot. When he was in his teens and listened to these songs in more mature way he told me 'Dad these sound to me like lullabies!'. Some of my friends' kids used to fell asleep faster when heavy metal was played in the house!

Thanks so much. I am very proud of him :) Is was 8 month this week.

I see we are from the different sides of the musical spectrum. Mine get's Mozart and Beethoven very day ;)

For falling asleep we play Brahms.

Anyway, music is what brings us together. (y)

Thanks so much. I am very proud of him :) Is was 8 month this week.

I see we are from the different sides of the musical spectrum. Mine get's Mozart and Beethoven very day ;)

For falling asleep we play Brahms.

Anyway, music is what brings us together. (y)

I didn't say I didn't like Mozart and Beethoven! Love both! I listen to lots of different stuff. No conflict, no problem (unless you play two different things simultaneously - I know people who used to do it :))
My cousin has the previous version and the image quality is OK for the casual, undemanding person that will not print large.

R

Well, image quality is really paramount, for any camera, from my perspective. I appreciate the input on the previous version's shortcomings. Based upon the review, this newer model seems to have overcome that. Take a look at this shot from 600mm!

0323276380.jpeg

@ TubeLover

Excuse my arrogance but image of that size can not say anything about the camera or lens quality. Nice photo though..

While I agree with you it just shows that different people have different expectations regarding image quality. Same as for audio I guess.

There is a market for long zoom bridge cameras, I bought my own dad a Panasonic super zoom 3 years ago and he's super happy with it.

I'd rather have a decent size sensor and a fixed 35mm prime, but that's just a different approach to things.

Kind of like Spotify vs Qobuz/Tidal.

different people have different expectations regarding image quality

There is a market for long zoom bridge cameras

No doubt about that! I didn't criticized the idea of buying the device in question (though I'd never buy anything but a reflex camera).
Well, image quality is really paramount, for any camera, from my perspective. I appreciate the input on the previous version's shortcomings. Based upon the review, this newer model seems to have overcome that. Take a look at this shot from 600mm!

0323276380.jpeg

A little encouragement for your intended purchase. The parrot photo does show that the camera can deliver a very pleasing image . Vivid colors and nice detail. I've had DSLR lenses that cost more than the Sony bridge camera, were much bigger and much heavier and they didn't reliably deliver such good results.

The photo you posted doesn't allow for pixel peeping but it is one piece of positive information.

I have been using a PANASONIC fz1000 bridge camera with 25-400mm eq. zoom range and 1" sensor since last November on exercise walks in my neighborhood. The FZ1000 has produced lots of pictures that I really enjoy. This gallery has galeries of neighborhood pictures taken with the FZ1000 and galleries of closeups taken with a larger sensor m43 camera and 60mm macro lens. (The neighborhood closeups gallery photos were taken with the m43 camera and macro lens.)

https://naturelover.smugmug.com/Bills-Recovery-photo-therapy

I too am tired of changing lenses. The FZ1000 has been successful for me and I expect that the Sony will be successful for you.