IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

4 minutes ago, Crwilli57 said:

Did you check to make sure the OPPO is still at the address on your network?

First thing to check.  

192.168.1.???:2002???

I just edited my post. I did and the IP address with ISODSD and the 103 are off by one number. I'm not sure why or how to get both on the same IP address. I'll admit I'm very computer challenged! Thanks for your help!

I’ve been using the version with a GUI that allows you to enter the IP address before connecting but I seem to recall that the .exe file has a .cfg file that you have to edit to input the IP address of the Oppo in. Should be in the original setup instructions if you still have them.

1 hour ago, Bill Mac said:

I just edited my post. I did and the IP address with ISODSD and the 103 are off by one number. I'm not sure why or how to get both on the same IP address. I'll admit I'm very computer challenged! Thanks for your help!

How is your IP Address set in your Oppo? Did you set up a fixed address or did you set the Oppo to automatically receive an address from your routers' DHCP server? 

If you're using the router's DHCP server, what is the range of addresses that it can use to send to other devices requesting an address?

If your Oppo was set up to receive a DHCP address from your router, '.100' might have been available when you first set up your Oppo, but the address the DHCP server send to devices reserves that address for a fixed amount of time, and after that your reservation expires, and other devices may request an address and the DHCP server can re-use that address if you're Oppo is not using it. 

That's not a big deal for many if not most devices because the DHCP server just sends out another address, and you probably will never be aware anything happened. But when another device on the network is trying to reach your device expecting it to be at a specific address, the connection fails. Personally I would look at my router and see what range of addresses it's using for DHCP, and pick a fixed address outside of that range, and set a fixed address in the Oppo, and ISODSD. Before doing that last step you can do a little search for how to ping an address (I don't know what OS you're using, so can't tell you how to ping with your equipment... after you pick a prospective address, ping it... if you get a response telling you how long it took to respond, it's being used by another device... pick another address outside the DHCP range and try again until you get a response saying that the operation timed out, then use that address for your Oppo and ISODSD. Apologies if are already knowledgeable in how to do this, but I can't determine your networking skill level from your post. 

3 hours ago, ksalno said:

I’ve been using the version with a GUI that allows you to enter the IP address before connecting but I seem to recall that the .exe file has a .cfg file that you have to edit to input the IP address of the Oppo in. Should be in the original setup instructions if you still have them.

Thanks! I'll try that.

2 hours ago, BluRay444 said:

How is your IP Address set in your Oppo? Did you set up a fixed address or did you set the Oppo to automatically receive an address from your routers' DHCP server? 

If you're using the router's DHCP server, what is the range of addresses that it can use to send to other devices requesting an address?

If your Oppo was set up to receive a DHCP address from your router, '.100' might have been available when you first set up your Oppo, but the address the DHCP server send to devices reserves that address for a fixed amount of time, and after that your reservation expires, and other devices may request an address and the DHCP server can re-use that address if you're Oppo is not using it. 

That's not a big deal for many if not most devices because the DHCP server just sends out another address, and you probably will never be aware anything happened. But when another device on the network is trying to reach your device expecting it to be at a specific address, the connection fails. Personally I would look at my router and see what range of addresses it's using for DHCP, and pick a fixed address outside of that range, and set a fixed address in the Oppo, and ISODSD. Before doing that last step you can do a little search for how to ping an address (I don't know what OS you're using, so can't tell you how to ping with your equipment... after you pick a prospective address, ping it... if you get a response telling you how long it took to respond, it's being used by another device... pick another address outside the DHCP range and try again until you get a response saying that the operation timed out, then use that address for your Oppo and ISODSD. Apologies if are already knowledgeable in how to do this, but I can't determine your networking skill level from your post. 

Thanks! Unfortunately my networking knowledge and skill is about zero. My fear is screwing something up with my router and wifi. I have a buddy that's good with this stuff so I'll see if he can help me out.

I really appreciate everyone here who has taken the time to post suggestions! 

Ja, du kannst

Rippen von SACDS in den Spielern erwiesen, die:

1) haben Mediatek-Chips MT8580 (wie Oppo 103/105, Cambridge Audio 752bd/cxu, Pioneer bdp-lx58/88) oder MT8560 (wie Pioneer BDP-160, 170 und BDP-80FD)

2) eine Ethernet-Verbindung haben

3) haben Sie normale Fabrik-Firmware (d.h. keine Mods)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

8 hours ago, Superhatti said:

Hallo, kann mir hier jemand auf deutsch weiterhelfen?

Mein Englisch ist wohl zu schlecht, um heraus zu bekommen wie ich SACDs mit einem Pioneer BDP-170 Player

auf meinen PC rippen kann.

Oder gibt es irgendwo eine deutsche Anleitung?

If you use Google translate as the post above suggests, we can help you.

2 hours ago, stereo hifi said:

This article is a pretty good synopsis of the process. Lassen Sie Ihren Webbrowser übersetzen.😉

That article has nothing at all to do with using a Pioneer BDP-170, so won't help here, the sleep-server method only applies to the use of Sony brand Blu-ray players.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Leider sind die ganzen Nachrichten in meinem Spam gelandet und habe jetzt erst nachgesehen.

Ich habe heute früh jetzt doch einen Sony BDP 490 auf eBay gekauft, da die Pioneer  doch etwas teurer sind und nicht sicher war, ob mir hier geholfen werden kann. Tja, wieder nicht warten können.

Mit dem Sony soll das ja auch funktionieren, wie ich denke gelesen zu haben.

Jetzt muss das gerät erstmal ankommen und funktionieren.

Danke schon mal für eure Antworten.

10 hours ago, Superhatti said:

Leider sind die ganzen Nachrichten in meinem Spam gelandet und habe jetzt erst nachgesehen.

Ich habe heute früh jetzt doch einen Sony BDP 490 auf eBay gekauft, da die Pioneer  doch etwas teurer sind und nicht sicher war, ob mir hier geholfen werden kann. Tja, wieder nicht warten können.

Mit dem Sony soll das ja auch funktionieren, wie ich denke gelesen zu haben.

Jetzt muss das gerät erstmal ankommen und funktionieren.

Danke schon mal für eure Antworten.

‎Unfortunately, all the messages ended up in my spam and have only now checked.‎

‎I bought a Sony BDP 490 on eBay this morning, because the Pioneer are a bit more expensive and was not sure if I could be helped here. Well, again can't wait.‎

‎With the Sony this should also work, as I think I have read.‎

‎Now the device has to arrive and work.‎

‎Thank you for your answers.‎

• 2 months later...

Oh I was a little bit excited to post here as I had SACD_extract crash several times. Then, after pulling out the disc, popping it back in and trying again, it is working perfectly. Nothing to see here, unless you're curious what happened before it started working. 

--

I picked up a few SACDs recently. I ripped one without issue, which was nice considering it had been at least a year since the last time. The second disc keeps crashing SACD_extract. Error details are below. My setup is an old Win7 laptop connected via Ethernet to the network, and my old trusty Oppo BDP-103. I modify SACD.cmd with the correct IP address, then double click it. I also went in through DOS (via cmd), with the same results. 

The disc in question is [redacted, since it's irrelevant now]. I looked carefully at it to make 100% sure it's actually an SACD, and noticed it's labelled UDSACD. Did someone figure out a way to block ripping? 

Oh, one last thing that could be relevant: This version of SACD_extract is from 2012. 

[Details removed since it doesn't matter!] 

• 3 weeks later...

I have been ripping SACDs with a PS3 since 2014.

A few weeks ago I got a new SACD and when I tried to rip it, the PS3 would not recognize an SACD was inserted. Tried other SACDs I had had no problems with in the past, same result. I disassembled the PS3, cleaned the laser, verified laser, spinning and sled were all working, reset it to factory, reinstalled OtherOS, reinstalled SACD_ripper. No luck, it takes many tries for the PS3 to read the SACD, in which case I can rip it.

So I decided to explore this method. Got a BDP-S5100 on ebay, and it all works great! Simpler than the PS3, no need for an intermediate ISO. I compared the ripped DSF with the BDP to the one from the PS3 using MusicScope and they look identical. I tried to do a bit-wise comparison with DeltaWave but I had problems with DeltaWave hanging - too much mem usage?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

On 5/18/2022 at 12:40 AM, chichaz said:

The disc in question is [redacted, since it's irrelevant now]. I looked carefully at it to make 100% sure it's actually an SACD, and noticed it's labelled UDSACD. Did someone figure out a way to block ripping? 

andy1249 earlier posted this:

I have blood on the tracks columbia 2003 512350-2

From the 2003 16 album (17 disc) box set CH 90326

mofi edition UDSACD 2098

and 2003 Japanese edition MHCP 10010

all are genuine scarletbook and rip fine.

There is a hooky version going around that uses the artwork from the individual 2003 columbia version that will not rip, it can be got on “SACD-R” which is actually a DVD-R burned from the ISO or via ISO download, neither will rip via ISO2DVD

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

On 6/8/2022 at 12:22 PM, miguelito said:

I decided to explore this method. Got a BDP-S5100 on ebay, and it all works great! Simpler than the PS3, no need for an intermediate ISO

Another thing I have found: since I use this player exclusively to rip SACDs, I leave the USB thumbdrive with the Autoscript files plugged in permanently in the back. Not sure why people say to remove it. 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

On 6/8/2022 at 12:22 PM, miguelito said:

I compared the ripped DSF with the BDP to the one from the PS3 using MusicScope and they look identical. I tried to do a bit-wise comparison with DeltaWave but I had problems with DeltaWave hanging - too much mem usage?

Has anyone done a bitwise comparison of PS3 and Blu-Ray player rips?

Or rip in either vs downloaded DSD album?

That would be interesting.

system pics

Unless you know the file headers and trailers and eliminate them from your comparison you'll get an error. Downloaded DSDs from licensed sources will almost certainly include data indicating who licensed it from the creator, to track the source of pirated intellectual properly. Data indicting which pressing of a disc will be in the ancillary data, so if you had a downloaded DSD from another source and ripped a copy from your own disc, those might may not compare favorably.

1 hour ago, BluRay444 said:

Yes Kal, presuming there was no change in the program data contained both releases (what I should have said instead of 'different pressing', don't hate me for being a dinosaur), and the extraneous data was stripped. Thanks for catching that.

Actually, I was not responding to your post although mine followed yours.  I was responding to miguelito.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile