IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

2 hours ago, Kit Walker said:

I thought I had been specific. It will not play sacd. It will play cd, dvd and bluray.

Very odd in that both DVD and SACD use a 650 nm red laser, so a player with a laser related problem reading SACDs should also be a problem in reading a DVD. 

CD uses a 780 nm laser, and Blu-ray uses a 405 nm "blue" (actually violet) laser, and so sometimes a problem reading SACD/DVD will not affect the reading of CD or Blu-ray Discs, unless of course it is a larger power supply related fault.

Sounds like your player needs a new laser assembly as noted in previous posts.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

25 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Very odd in that both DVD and SACD use a 650 nm red laser, so a player with a laser related problem reading SACDs should also be a problem in reading a DVD. 

CD uses a 780 nm laser, and Blu-ray uses a 405 nm "blue" (actually violet) laser, and so sometimes a problem reading SACD/DVD will not affect the reading of CD or Blu-ray Discs, unless of course it is a larger power supply related fault.

Sounds like your player needs a new laser assembly as noted in previous posts.

I also am coming to the same conclusion Mikey

I am in ebay now checking availability and prices. But I will have to open the player case to check what is currently installed.

13 hours ago, Kit Walker said:

I also am coming to the same conclusion Mikey

I am in ebay now checking availability and prices. But I will have to open the player case to check what is currently installed.

You might also consider factory service if shipping to Menlo Park, CA is feasible. Last I checked this was $99 for a full refurbish including a new laser (shipping not included):

https://www.oppodigital.com/ContactUs.aspx?CatID=1

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Yup, the Oppo BDPs were really extraordinary and creative in their technical specs and the video and audio they produced at the various price points were bang on. And you are right, for their service to be available for long discontinued products is another sign of how extraordinary they were and are.

• 1 month later...

Aloha All, I've looked through so many threads and can't understand what I'm doing wrong. Please be kind as I'm a novice to trying to rip SACD's. I've followed all the instructions. Loaded A5 and moved the Autoscript folder out of the main folder on a flash drive. Powered on the Oppo 105, inserted flash drive, Oppo drive opened automatically, loaded SACD, door closed automatically, and nothing happens. The flash drive led flashed when the disc went in, but just turned solid. I've tried different flash drives and discs with no success. Flash drive is formated in fat32. Tried different ports, front and back. Reset the Oppo back to factory. I'm stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Mahalo in advance!

Need Help with a re-istalation.

Upgrading to win 11 caused some files to be deleted incl my iso2dvd file.

USB for my OPPO 103 not affected so i assume ok.

Have tried to download files as attached to a new file but just will not open the normal page to insert server number etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot (2).png

On 10/19/2023 at 1:21 AM, Suntanjam said:

Aloha All, I've looked through so many threads and can't understand what I'm doing wrong. Please be kind as I'm a novice to trying to rip SACD's. I've followed all the instructions. Loaded A5 and moved the Autoscript folder out of the main folder on a flash drive. Powered on the Oppo 105, inserted flash drive, Oppo drive opened automatically, loaded SACD, door closed automatically, and nothing happens. The flash drive led flashed when the disc went in, but just turned solid. I've tried different flash drives and discs with no success. Flash drive is formated in fat32. Tried different ports, front and back. Reset the Oppo back to factory. I'm stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Mahalo in advance!

With an Oppo brand player you need to be sure that both Auto-play and Auto-resume have been defeated in the player's Settings.

Other than that the AutoRip A5 script is known to work, assuming the AutoScript folder is at the root of the primary partition on the thumb drive, and the disc you are attempting to rip has no "special" non-English characters in the metadata. Special characters will trip up AutoRip, you have to use the network server method with any such SACD.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

2 hours ago, kenval said:

Need Help with a re-istalation.

Upgrading to win 11 caused some files to be deleted incl my iso2dvd file.

USB for my OPPO 103 not affected so i assume ok.

Have tried to download files as attached to a new file but just will not open the normal page to insert server number etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot (2).png

That's a pretty big mess there, I hardly know where to start but here goes.

Out of curiosity, what is the Media (E:) drive? Typically these folders would be housed on your Local Disc (C:) drive. 

Separate of that, I really don't even know how you can have duplicate folders with the exact same name on the same drive. I would delete that entire mess and start over with a clean install, however before you even do that...

Have you installed the Java Runtime Environment on that Windows 11 instance? The JRE (or JDK) is a required prerequisite, as ISO2DSD is a Java applet and will not run without it.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Hi, 

Many thanks, my computer has 2 drives, as main c is quite small and e is what I have used for this for many years with no issue. Got a little confused on downloading the sacd_extract as 2 win options with 2 file sizes, so downloaded both.

Have also downloaded Java and installed it but that was it.

would love to delete and do a clean install if I can see exactly files to download.

3 hours ago, kenval said:

Screenshot(4).thumb.png.73667886c11d52c898eb09f7389eccb9.pngi get this when trying to open gui file, tried notepad & word but nothing, second image with notepad.

Screenshot (3).png

OK I see what is happening now, you can't launch the .jar file because your new Windows instance has butchered the file association for it, it is attempting to open the jar for inspection instead of launch the applet.

You can try to right-click the .jar file and say Open with Java. If that doesn't work then you have two choices: one is to arm wrestle the Windows registry to repair that file association (don't bother with that). The 2nd and easier/better option is to use Jarfix, which will once and for all get rid of this issue.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

On 10/24/2023 at 4:16 PM, MikeyFresh said:

With an Oppo brand player you need to be sure that both Auto-play and Auto-resume have been defeated in the player's Settings.

Other than that the AutoRip A5 script is known to work, assuming the AutoScript folder is at the root of the primary partition on the thumb drive, and the disc you are attempting to rip has no "special" non-English characters in the metadata. Special characters will trip up AutoRip, you have to use the network server method with any such SACD.

Aloha Mikey, thanks for responding. I eventually figured it out after hours of looking at multiple posts. Most of the so called “step by step” instructions are not so clear, as there’s always a few important steps that aren’t included. Why? Maybe legal reasons? I don’t know. There’s a post about ripping SACD that’s labeled “down the rabbit hole”. Now I know why. lol 

Although the sonore now opens, unfrtunatly will not communicate and rip from oppo. the original usb opens the oppo as before and shows sacd on disc closure but no execution happens. oppo seen on network, not sure if issue is the 3rd block on server id wich is a 1 the sonore has a wider box, maybe position of 1 is issue? i assume folders on usb for oppo do not need updating? any help greatly appreciated.

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

To prove/check you can get to the player/the player is "listening" over/on the network, try:

Windows Start -> run -> type: cmd <enter> (or do a Windows search for "Command Prompt")

In the command prompt (black box/window), type: telnet 192.168.1.194 2002  <enter> (with a <space> between the .194 and 2002)

You should probably get a blank screen (this is success). 

If it's not working/connecting, you will probably see a "Connecting to 192.168.1.194 ..." message and later, when it times out, a following "Could not open a connection to the host, on port 2002: Connect failed".

At lease you can use this to prove the network connectivity is working, or not.

192.168.1.194 is the IP address of the player (or should be).

2002 is the port the Autoscript software should be configured to be "listening" on (for an incoming connection attempt from Sonore)

You could also try:

type: ping 192.168.1.194

You should get 4 responses.  If so, this means the player is on the network.  If the telnet fails, that would mean the software running on the player, is not "listening" for an incoming connection attempt.

It IS though possible for ping not to work, and telnet TO work, and the other way round.

See what you see, though...

8 hours ago, Suntanjam said:

Aloha Mikey, thanks for responding. I eventually figured it out after hours of looking at multiple posts. Most of the so called “step by step” instructions are not so clear, as there’s always a few important steps that aren’t included. Why? Maybe legal reasons? I don’t know. There’s a post about ripping SACD that’s labeled “down the rabbit hole”. Now I know why. lol 

Looing at multiple threads isn't the best thing to do as they often have contradictory mentions  of various things, and even contain inaccuracies, or items specific/pertinent only to a specific brand/model of Blu-ray player, or ripping method (there is more than one way to do this).

If you were looking at "down the rabbit hole" no wonder you were confused, not only are there a few inaccuracies in that article, but it pertains specifically to using a Sony model Blu-ray player whereas you are using an Oppo, and your specific question here was regarding AutoRip A5 which is a different ripping method entirely (local method) than the network server method mentioned in that article.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

5 hours ago, kenval said:

not sure if issue is the 3rd block on server id wich is a 1 the sonore has a wider box, maybe position of 1 is issue?

When entering the Server's IP address, do not insert any spaces, just enter the numbers in a field, then Tab over to the next field, and leave the Port as :2002.

i assume folders on usb for oppo do not need updating?

Correct, leave the USB flash drive just as it was, no changes there at all.

any help greatly appreciated.

Not visible in your screenshots is the actual Sonore program folder and it's contents. That one looked a mess in your original screenies, with more than one folder named exactly the same thing (not even sure how you did that). Suffice it to say you need to have the sacd_extract.exe file residing in the same folder as the rest of the of the ISO2DSD stuff. 

Among all the stuff you downloaded, do you have an sacd_extract.exe file and if so is it located in the same folder as the GUI contents?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook