IGNORED

What's your occupation?

1st Career: Asst. General Manager of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra

Director of Administration and Finance of the Denver Symphony Orchestra

2nd: Executive Director of large law firms

Current: My can't afford to retire gig, Payroll Manager of The Santa Fe Opera

Hang around, moving to the area in 2 years or less.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 9 months later...

Good thread. Pretty diverse group. I am enjoying the straight answers the most...

First 20 years: I was a Respiratory Therapist. Specialized in Neonatal Intensive Care.

Second 20 years: IT Network Engineer mostly responsible for software distribution for a large hospital.

Third: Retired last year. Volunteering for a small non-profit scanning their library into digital format. Books, periodicals, photos, film, slides. Fun.

Fourth: Struggling to not spend my remaining savings on audio equipment. Failing...

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

SaaS

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

are my favorite ice cream flavors

My last business card reads: International Carrier Relations Manager IP at one of the global telecom operators.

Which was then the title for managing peering and planning/negotiating/buying infrastructure/capacities in international wholesale telecom markets, e.g. submarine cables, Fiber, Leased Lines, Colocation and IP based services. Having a proper education in Business Administration made me more a guy who dealt with relations and numbers but lacking the deep technical knowledge of an engineer.

Nonetheless, that was nearly a decade ago, before I changed countries and became privateer in a small French town at the age of 42.

Nowadays, I have an occupation in child (now already teenager) and retriever education plus housekeeping and gardening, while my wife takes care about our income.

I had a longer period without any evolution on the audio/Hifi/High End subject as I was deeply annoyed by the quality of reproduction in digital sourced music for a while, which for me led much to often to listening fatigue. Due to my readings on CA my gear has changed significantly and I have won back my joy of listening to excellent music and performances.

Tom / Val de la Loire

BTW: early retirement could be awesome if you have a lot of peers around to have fun.

I usually work as a CTO / Technology Strategist and inventor of thermal energy systems.

But I have just signed up as a Captain of a Danish school-ship sailing the south Caribbean.

3 months of sun away from the bleak northern winter :-)

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

But I have just signed up as a Captain of a Danish school-ship sailing the south Caribbean.

3 months of sun away from the bleak northern winter :-)

Nice job Captain DigiPete! We had a wonderful catamaran sailing vacation to the BVI's last summer and will be doing it again next year.

Where did you get your training?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Nice job Captain DigiPete!

We had a wonderful catamaran sailing vacation to the BVI's last summer and will be doing it again next year.

Where did you get your training?

I got my training in Denmark and sailing practice around Scandinavia and in the Caribbean around Grenada and St. Vincent & the Grenadines. And I was on a similar trip for 6 months last year.

This is however work and not a vacation incl. upkeep of an old wooden ship.

But there will be snorkeling at deserted islands, hiking of a volcano and the occasional lobster BBQ :-)

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

This is however work and not a vacation incl. upkeep of an old wooden ship.

and the occasional lobster BBQ :-)

Ah yes, the lobster.... out of this world (great place in Anegata BVI)!

I'd be curious to see a pic of your ship so we can get a sense of your home away from home. What a great experience. I am jealous!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC