IGNORED

What's your occupation?

• 4 months later...

Ok I'll try to explain mine.

first off I am a retired civil servant .

but I also run several companies .

Lisc electrical contractor

lisc general contractor

lisc electrical engineer

I do not not like to work or have ever enjoyed what I did or do for a living .

My work is always about just making money .

I always laugh when people say it's there dream job or love what they do.

What I love to do is race cars , Rc anything from helicopters to cars and trucks

enjoying my grandson whom I am raising .

enjoying my stereo systems also surround setups .

Some limiting IT stuff for my companies cpu,s and networks.

Reading what every one does kinda shows me why I don't really fit in with most forums

although we do all have a common interest in being here and the other audio forums .

great posting and thanks to all

al

IT in the government space, all federal, DC area

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Commercial contracting in IT services & outsourcing

Pretty vague huh... That's what you get from not learning something real (tangible) at school.

Oh... and this..

choc-ice-cream-2.jpg

Bits to analog: Server [i9-10850k; Win10Pro, Roon Core + HQPlayer4 >all DSD256x] -> mRendu -> Regen -> Lampi GG

Analog to sound: ASR Emitter II Exclusive, Battery -> Gryphon Mojo S + 2 x REL G2

Details: Audio System

Great thread with some really interesting people and careers.

I struggled through engineering (Civil) at Adelaide University and then spent the next 15 years on building sites as a site engineer and construction project manager. Worked all over Australia and in London with my most challenging job being my first that I had sole responsibility for ... building a K-mart in Alice Springs in 1983 in what we call the red centre. Located equidistance from Adelaide and Darwin all materials arrived by train. It was a lot of fun (great community) but a logistic nightmare with your main suppliers (steel & bricks) 1500km away.

Decided I needed to understand business and did a post grad in business admin and ended up founding a building materials distribution company in Sydney. I really enjoyed small business and ran it for 12 years before getting a tap on the shoulder and selling on the eve of the GFC. Lucky boy as the business dried up and my main Japanese supplier closed down … i.e. no customers and no product.

Now mentoring (and investing in) a couple of kids who have designed a social platform to help students better engage with their universities, and each other. Students are becoming disconnected as they no longer attend the “physical space”, and choose to get their lectures and information from the web. There are 1.2M students at 41 universities in Australia and our aim is to reduce the abysmal 17% drop out rate by creating a private on line community for each university (and sub groups within) and thereby foster a sense of belonging. The students have control of their profiles and determine who sees what. We have just signed our 4th university so exciting times.

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

• 5 months later...

1st Career: Asst. General Manager of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra

Director of Administration and Finance of the Denver Symphony Orchestra

2nd: Executive Director of large law firms

Current: My can't afford to retire gig, Payroll Manager of The Santa Fe Opera

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

Changed to Chief Officer on a school ship sailing in the Caribbean.

We do rehab for teenagers.

iPhone / MacBook Pro (Out Of Your Head surround) on Sennheiser Amperior.

Supplementing with Dragonfly 1.2 DAC + Genelec 8010 monitors.

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”