IGNORED

What's your occupation?

Two Primary Focuses:

1) Private, low income and special needs housing development for persons with AIDS, mental illness, elderly homeless and the working poor. Using an alphabet soup of real estate and social service programs as well as LIHTC and historic tax credits to provide for the most needy. On a bad day (overwhelmed with bureaucracy) it helps to feel one is doing some good in the world, while making a buck.

2) Adaptive reuse and historic preservation development of old industrial buildings (e.g. mills) into rental and condominium residential use.

-Caleb

C.A.P.Sv2-Mytek Stereo192-Twisted Pair Audio Buffalo III M-ch-Sennheiser HD800-Beyerdynamic T1-Lexicon MC12b-Theta Dreadnought-Infinity Prelude MTS-Sonos-JRiver MC-12TB DataTale eSATA

Information Systems Analyst

Computer Audio Novice, but I'm learning a lot!

Digital: QNAP TVS-871 > Sonore ultraRendu > Modwright Oppo 205

Analog: VPI Prime w/Kiseki Purpleheart > Zesto Audio Andros 1.2

Amp & Speakers: Modified Line Magnetic 518ia > Daedalus Audio Argos v.2

Backbone: PS Audio P5, Wireworld Silver Electra 7 powercords, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 interconnects, Steve Blinn Designs Audio Rack

• 5 months later...

tinker

soldier

spy

funny never a tailor, although I had a few great tailors over the years. Nothing like a good suit with functional buttons on the cuff.

And the tinker thing. Well I define my present life as tinkering rich. Tinkering in the garden, tinkering in the kitchen, tinkering with computer audio.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

• 2 weeks later...

corporate attorney

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I thought I answered this, but searched and could not find a post. Sorry if this is a duplicate.

I work for a large software company as a consultant. My focus is on cloud ERP implementations. The consulting life was once very glamorous, but since Y2K and dot com blow up, and with a family at home it seems more of a pain in the butt these days.

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

• 1 year later...

Still in practice at 66yo-general internal medicine!

Solo guy a true dinosaur.

5 jobs-2 school districts, a police force, and nys dept of corrections(30hrs/week) and a private practice(30+hr/week) AND i still do hospital work and take call 3x/week(ICU included).

AND a proud American graduate of a foreign medical school( at the time it was the largest american medical school in the world,anyone care to venture a guess?).

AND an older audiophile completely disgusted with BeatsMusic(BM,an apt acronym,eh?) and mr. rogers, mr. nine inch nails and dr. dre(he went to one of those schools in the caribbean-not grenada)- and am now an francophile(on the 70th anniversary of D Day)

ie QOBUZ in 16bits/44.1 kHz/LOSSLESS/FLAC!

bobbmd