IGNORED

What's your occupation?

TO TNE:IF I offended anyone and made comments that hurt others i am truly sorry. I guess i got carried away- if I personally offended anyone please contact me for a personal apology. The thread was really interesting and i should have stopped with my occupation story. I certainly will refrain and keep my comments less histerical in the future- consider me duly embarrassed.

bobbmd

[email protected]

Nothing very glamorous. I repair Point of Sales systems at retailers; cash registers, Self Check Outs, and the Back Office routers and servers. Retailers tend to hold on to their cash registers way past their useful service life. It's not uncommon to work on a 14 year old PC.

Dahlquist DQ-10 Speakers DQ-LP1 crossover 2 DW-1 Subs

Dynaco Mk III Mains - Rotel 991 Subs

Wyred W4S Pre Gustard X10 DAC

SOtM dx-USB-HD reclocked SOtMmBPS-d2s

Intel Thin-mini ITX

audiodoctor: Did i sound that impaired??? And no,i didn't have a hangover but the rangers 2 overtime loss gave me agita-actually felt on a roll but again i am really sorry i spoiled a really nice thread.

Bob, you did not spoil anything, my friend. Just a curious set of posts.

Stay good.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

This year I got into the solar industry selling grid connected systems. I feel very good about this and it's going really well.

That was 06-14-2011. It went really well for a while. Then it stopped going really well. Then it stopped.

Now I'm in residential real estate. I turn the value in peoples' property into an improvement in their life. It's bloody long hours but I love it.

RS

Standard Mac mini 2010/iTunes (ALAC)/Pure Music & Pro-Ject RPM9.1/Ortofon Rondo Blue/Project PhonoBox SE -> Bel Canto DAC2.5 -> Acurus A200 -> Aphion Argon2 Anniversary/Impact500 & Sennheiser HD650 -> Comfy couch.

audiodoctor: Did i sound that impaired??? And no,i didn't have a hangover but the rangers 2 overtime loss gave me agita-actually felt on a roll but again i am really sorry i spoiled a really nice thread.

Bob, you didn't spoil anything, you livened it up a bit! I was watching the Rangers and Kings until I could not keep my eyes open any longer. Once the MN Wild were out of it, I stopped caring.

No electron left behind.

Erstwhile Insurance Loss Adjuster now retired. Been over 40 years trying to recreate audio reality......I'm a failure. Licensed as Radio Ham 1983. Also licensed for marine VHF and HF radio.

After retiring I decided I would like to do some work with my hands to satisfy my technical side, so worked for a while assembling hard drives and then repairing fax machines and photocopiers.

Now what next in audio........

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

Currently working as a Network Engineer for a large metropolitan hospital system. Before that worked for 20 years as a Respiratory Therapist focusing on neonatal care.

Been pursuing the ever receding dream horizon of "perfect audio" since the early 80's. Closest I have come is now since firing up Windows Server 2012 R2 with Audiophile Optimizer on a "CAPS-like" server. Who would have thought that so much digital fatigue was caused by electrically noisy front end gear and jitter. I always thought that it was just built in to the recording process.

Thanks to Chris for this site!

BTW. I think that it is time for a CAPS v5 :-)

Best,

Paul

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

Scrap Metals and Stand Up Comic (...really!)

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Really fascinating thread. My information is as follows:

early adulthood - published poet, carouser, bon vivant and professional party goer (I was sometimes paid to do that, really!)

later adulthood - IT Field Technician

currently - troubleshooter/expediter for extremely wealthy individual who doesn't understand I should be paid more

Early love of music - transistor radio my grandfather bought me for my birthday when I was 8

Ice Cream - Cookie Dough

Formula One - not at all sure I like the 2014 regulation changes, and how did ONLY Mercedes get it right?

I own a very small company that makes models and prototypes; been doing this since 1982. I love having a machine shop to work in, even though at this point almost all my "machining" is in CAD so I can send parts off to vendors that have more complicated equipment than we do, who do the machining or growing of individual parts, and then we assemble and finish the projects in house. There is still a certain amount of hand labor involved in almost every project though, so we still have fun.

Retired Naval Officer, Retired from Aerospace Engineering & Aviation Communications industries. Currently full time grandfather ... kiddies call me "Grumpus." Reading, travel, photography, computers, ham radio, competitive pistol, and formerly private pilot and scuba. Ice cream: pistachio.

-----

i7 Mac Mini > USB > iDSD Nano > Audioengine A5+

Analyst for a research company -- which mainly means writing and speaking -- with my current coverage area being digital video and TV advertising.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

College degree in radio and television broadcasting that went nowhere. Wine salesman for a few years, then managed the flagship store, and was the beer and wine buyer for a chain of wine shops. Later went to the dark side (IT) and eventually into mid level management where I remain.

First actual audio system. Built a Dynaco SCA80Q integrated amplifier from a kit when I was a freshman in college and used it with an Ampex cassette deck, a Garrard turntable and Small Advent speakers.

Favorite ice cream - Edy's vanilla with peanut butter cups

Rocket Scientist, retired.

Various speakers, electronics, cable, etc. on loan for manufacturers' evaluation.

More or less permanently in use:

Schiit Iggy (latest), Ayre QB-9 DSD, Ayre Codex, Uptone Audio ISO Regen/LPS-1 Power supply, Berkeley Audio Alpha USB, PS Audio LanRover, Small Green Computer, Sonore ultraRendu, gigaFOIL4 ethernet/optical filter - Keces PS-3 power supply, (3) MBPs - stripped down for music only,  AQ Diamond USB & Ethernet, Transparent USB, Curious USB, LH Lightspeed split USB, Halide USB DAC, Audirvana +, Pure Music, ASR Emitter II Exclusive Blue amp, Ayre K-5xeMP preamp, Pass X-1 preamp, Quicksilver Mid-Mono Amps, Pass XA-30.5 amp, Duelund ICs & Speaker Cables, Paul Hynes SR-7 power supply, Grand Prix Audio Monaco Isolation racks & F1 shelves, Tannoy Canterbury SEs w/custom Duelund crossovers and stands, 2 REL 212SEs, AV RoomService EVPs, ASC Tube Traps, tons of CDs, 30 IPS masters, LPs.

http://www.getbettersound.com