IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Some updates:

1. Production run #1 is closed and production run #2 is open for pre-sales only. Expected date is early June.

2. All production run #1 sales have shipped except for two units. One guy asked for something special and one guy in AU has not responded to an email request for a phone number.

3. There is an issue with Tidal streaming in DLNA/MPD mode skipping tracks. I have identified the issue, tested the fix, verified the fix on a customer's unit, and have submitted the fix to Andrew to include in the next update of the OS.

Hi Jesus, if I'm the "one guy in Aus" then I apologise. Name is John Raffin and phone is 123.

Everyone else - please don't spam me [emoji6][emoji6][emoji56]

Hi Jesus, if I'm the "one guy in Aus" then I apologise. Name is **name withheld** and phone is +zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You seriously do NOT want to do that. Just send Jesus an email.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I assume the AE will give out IP addresses. Also, you need Internet access for sonicorbiter.com to find the unit. If not internet then you need to figure out the IP address of the unit on your own.

Not shown the diagram is that the Airport Express will be tied into my WAN router. The AE has a fairly comprehensive management program, and I'm used to working with a variety of Apple routers, so at this point I'm not expecting any surprises. (Famous last words) and I've read your online materials and guides.

Just an offhand comment, the mashup of a JS-2, microRendu, Roon, Devialet 400, & G3s is just a stellar combination for well recorded music.

i.e Can't Run But - Paul Simon - DSD64 ( don't ask...;) )

or Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley - for some Telecaster goodness.

or Gaslighting Abbie - Steely Dan...

or Twist in my Sobriety - Tanita Tikaram

And of course who can forget Warren? Woo hoo...Werewolves of London....(RIP Warren)

Lou Reed - Walk on the Wild Side (DSD128)

Or some Bela Fleck & the Flecktones....

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Hi Jesus, if I'm the "one guy in Aus" then I apologise. Name is John Raffin and phone is 123.

No - I'm the "one guy in Aus" and so is my wife. But I've moved to the UK now so please send it here.

I assume the AE will give out IP addresses. Also, you need Internet access for sonicorbiter.com to find the unit. If not internet then you need to figure out the IP address of the unit on your own.

Can you assign a static IP address to the mRendu?

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Tidal has a live version of that song that is really nice.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Can you assign a static IP address to the mRendu?

I've done it. On most setups that definition is part of the router software and you have access to a browser based GUI that enables you to play around with it. See your router setup manual.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

yes, i do it like that with a airport xtrem router.

Actually what you do is to tell your router that a LAN device with a certain mac address will receive the same IP address each and every time the DHCP server (router) distributes DHCP addresses over your LAN. So the mac will be assigned to an IP. You are NOT setting this on the local device (it should still say DHCP).

The end result though, will be pretty much the same.

Actually what you do is to tell your router that a LAN device with a certain mac address will receive the same IP address each and every time the DHCP server (router) distributes DHCP addresses over your LAN. So the mac will be assigned to an IP. You are NOT setting this on the local device (it should still say DHCP).

The end result though, will be pretty much the same.

I want it set on my local device. I use a modem from the provider and every so often it gets replaced with a different make or model. I don't want to have to redo my set up every time so I have assigned fixed IPs on the devices.

I want it set on my local device. I use a modem from the provider and every so often it gets replaced with a different make or model. I don't want to have to redo my set up every time so I have assigned fixed IPs on the devices.

So what you are saying is that you have done this on your uR?

Day two impressions. Still iFi powered into a Devialet 200:

Sound has opened up a big more, and first day upper bass congestion is gone. Stunned at how my speakers have vanished - the system is effectively gone and there is just music.

Two early day nit picks - The depth of the soundstage is not quite there yet, but I'm sure that will come. Of bigger concern, changes in sample rate in my library sometime makes playback drop out. Something the music comes back on it's own, and sometimes I've had to reboot the micro. I'm running Squeezelite for playback and will play with the settings in LMS.

What are you hearing?

The end of day three was magic for me...that's where I am now...much better than day 2. I'm running DSD256 from HQplayer using the microrendu as a NAA, using Roon to manage files. Soundstage is incredible deep if it is in the recording...if not...its not magic.

One note is that the USB cable is making a big difference for me. My Mapleshade Clearlink USB blows the doors off of the included direct connector. Looking forward to doing more cable comparisons as well as a back comparison to the sonicorbiter after I've cooked for a week.

Robert

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

Just an offhand comment, the mashup of a JS-2, microRendu, Roon, Devialet 400, & G3s is just a stellar combination for well recorded music.

i.e Can't Run But - Paul Simon - DSD64 ( don't ask...;) )

or Gaslighting Abbie - Steely Dan...

or Twist in my Sobriety - Tanita Tikaram

And of course who can forget Warren? Woo hoo...Werewolves of London....(RIP Warren)

Lou Reed - Walk on the Wild Side (DSD128)

Or some Bela Fleck & the Flecktones....

I am sure you could go on and on and on and on...enjoy!!!!

So what you are saying is that you have done this on your uR?

No, on many of my other devices. MRendu is still with the post office.

I don’t see a way to do this currently in uR. The web interface should provide a way of doing this and assign a user defined static IP. With static IP, the uR doesn’t need to run dhcp client s/w but you still need to reserve the mac address with your router and assign the same IP as you did in uR (once available).

The end of day three was magic for me...that's where I am now...much better than day 2. I'm running DSD256 from HQplayer using the microrendu as a NAA, using Roon to manage files. Soundstage is incredible deep if it is in the recording...if not...its not magic.

One note is that the USB cable is making a big difference for me. My Mapleshade Clearlink USB blows the doors off of the included direct connector. Looking forward to doing more cable comparisons as well as a back comparison to the sonicorbiter after I've cooked for a week.

Robert

Curious about the USB cable. I've compared the hard connector provided with a short (cheap) Belkin cable and hear no difference (that is, SQ is awesome with either). But this is my first exposure to streaming via USB so I'm interested to learn if the pricier USB cables make much of a difference with the uRendu. Sounds like in your case, Robert, they do! What other cables have people found work well?

Win 10 PC -> Roon -> Sonore µRendu -> Devialet 440 Pro -> Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers

Durham, NC

Got my BatteryBUSS back today from 7.5v conversion so got running with Roon, simple except took long time for my nework to find it, wonderful sound but so far a little on the sterile side for me, hope it warms up with burnin. SonicTransporter/Synology and Curious cable for now into Yggy.

rogerdn

Got my BatteryBUSS back today from 7.5v conversion so got running with Roon, simple except took long time for my nework to find it, wonderful sound but so far a little on the sterile side for me, hope it warms up with burnin. SonicTransporter/Synology and Curious cable for now into Yggy.

Any chance the unit is charging?

Update on Rendu challenges with Devialet. I updated the firmware on the Devialet, and tried starting up with persistent USB connection checked on and off. In either case the Devialet fails to find the Rendu and only a rebooting of the Rendu brings the Rendu back online. I've confirmed that the Rendu is on the network entire time. I'm beginning to suspect this is an issue between squeezelite and the Dev, as those of you using roon don't seem to have problems.

Any and all thoughts about what else to try are welcome. I just got the curious USB link and oh my does it sound great. I'm loath to sync more money into a coax adaptor and use that connection on the Dev.

Thanks again for all the help and ideas.

Update on Rendu challenges with Devialet. I updated the firmware on the Devialet, and tried starting up with persistent USB connection checked on and off. In either case the Devialet fails to find the Rendu and only a rebooting of the Rendu brings the Rendu back online. I've confirmed that the Rendu is on the network entire time. I'm beginning to suspect this is an issue between squeezelite and the Dev, as those of you using roon don't seem to have problems.

Any and all thoughts about what else to try are welcome. I just got the curious USB link and oh my does it sound great. I'm loath to sync more money into a coax adaptor and use that connection on the Dev.

Thanks again for all the help and ideas.

Roon has done a ton of work to address all kinds of issues and this was one issues they worked. Jussi at Signalyst also addressed this issue. It doesn't seem like SqueezeLite has addressed the issue. Also, the best place to address the issue is at the DAC firmware because no player should have to be hacked to resolve a DAC specific problem. Imagine what the code on the players would look like if every DAC was doing something crazy that needed special attention.

@ismarketing - as mentioned I believe in a separate thread, can you check to see if the microRendu sees the DAC before you reboot the microRendu?

i.e.

Go to MySonicorbiter

Manage - Settings - System Settings - Custom DAC

Does the Devialet show up in the Audio Device List?

FWIW - I have used the Devialet with AIR running on both Windows and Macs using a straight connection, with an Aries Mini connected via USB or S/PDIF, and never had an issue with the Devialet being recognized, not having to reboot a device.

I would try this with your configuration but don't have the devices to make it work.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs