IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Did not work for me.

Also when I put in new cable my pc does not see the Rendu nor the dac even if I reboot the uRendu, reboot the dac, reboot the pc. Is there a chance my new cable is defective?

My two cables each came packaged with a printed test report,,, though I suppose anything is "possible" it would seem unlikely. So, it does boot back up with other cable in place?

Did not work for me.

Also when I put in new cable my pc does not see the Rendu nor the dac even if I reboot the uRendu, reboot the dac, reboot the pc. Is there a chance my new cable is defective?

If you connecting the mRendu directly to the PC with an Ethernet cable, that would never work. The uRendu (like any other similar renderer) needs to connect to a router that provides it with an IP address (typically via DHCP), and it needs to talk to the internet via the router for setup.

Hmm. My mR has arrived in the UK but according to the UPS tracking notes it could not be delivered due to "payment of charges". Import duty? Meanwhile the item is being held while addressee - me - is notified! Anyone have any idea what this might entail (cost)?

Wouldn't Standard VAT rate of 20% apply on most goods & services imported into UK?

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

Hmm. My mR has arrived in the UK but according to the UPS tracking notes it could not be delivered due to "payment of charges". Import duty? Meanwhile the item is being held while addressee - me - is notified! Anyone have any idea what this might entail (cost)?

Don't know about UK customs charges, but highly likely you will be charged VAT.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

The same here in Brazil. They charge import taxes and VAT. Over the total, cost plus shipment.

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

Most likely 20% of declared value of goods (combined with shipping cost), plus a rip-off 'handing fee'.

The worst bit is not so much the payment, but that it can sometimes take a week to two to actually get the notification so you can pay it and collect the parcel. That's my experience in the past anyway, but I suppose it depends on what carrier it comes with and who takes the customs charge (Royal Mail probably for a USPS shipment).

There was a post from Jesus talking about possibly using Amazon logistics to sell to Europe. This would be nice for a few reasons - speed of delivery (next day and free if you're Prime), returns if faulty, and less hassle in paying with overseas currency and worrying if the parcel will ever arrive of get damaged in the (long) transit. Hopefully they consider it in the future..

FYI mine is also 'awaiting customs clearance'

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

Jesus: relative to my posts above I cannot seem to get my new BJ cable (recommended by Swenson) to work. Can you provide some direction on this?

Doak: was it worthwhile to replace your Ethernet cables with the Bluejean cables?

I had issues with my BJ 6a cables at first. The connectors are a tight fit so make sure you get them pushed in all of the way so that contact is made.

We had a similar problem at my work where we had Cat 6 cables (not BJ cables) not fitting into the RJ45 wall sockets. We had to "play" with the them to get they seated properly.

Most likely 20% of declared value of goods (combined with shipping cost), plus a rip-off 'handing fee'.

The worst bit is not so much the payment, but that it can sometimes take a week to two to actually get the notification so you can pay it and collect the parcel. That's my experience in the past anyway, but I suppose it depends on what carrier it comes with and who takes the customs charge (Royal Mail probably for a USPS shipment).

There was a post from Jesus talking about possibly using Amazon logistics to sell to Europe. This would be nice for a few reasons - speed of delivery (next day and free if you're Prime), returns if faulty, and less hassle in paying with overseas currency and worrying if the parcel will ever arrive of get damaged in the (long) transit. Hopefully they consider it in the future..

FYI mine is also 'awaiting customs clearance'

Mine went through Customs Clearance today with charges (though the Parcelfarce website doesn't detail what they are). I would expect it to turn up at the local sorting office in a day or two. I have in the past - being an impatient soul - gone there with the parcel tracking number ad my debit card and got them to dig out my item without waiting for the notification of charges letter which always takes a couple of days.

Looking forward to slotting my new audio toy into my rig.

Mark

I had issues with my BJ 6a cables at first. The connectors are a tight fit so make sure you get them pushed in all of the way so that contact is made.

We had a similar problem at my work where we had Cat 6 cables (not BJ cables) not fitting into the RJ45 wall sockets. We had to "play" with the them to get they seated properly.

Once inserted the Bluejeans clicked so I believed they were seated. Do you mean push harder after the click?Wont they then eventually loosen back to the click insertion limit?

Once inserted the Bluejeans clicked so I believed they were seated. Do you mean push harder after the click?Wont they then eventually loosen back to the click insertion limit?

FWIW - I'm using a new BJ 6a cable from my router to the Rendu and it works perfectly. Do have another Ethernet cable laying around you could try?

Mine went through Customs Clearance today with charges (though the Parcelfarce website doesn't detail what they are). I would expect it to turn up at the local sorting office in a day or two. I have in the past - being an impatient soul - gone there with the parcel tracking number ad my debit card and got them to dig out my item without waiting for the notification of charges letter which always takes a couple of days.

Looking forward to slotting my new audio toy into my rig.

Mark

Without offense to anybody anxious about receiving their unit, I feel all those discussions about delivery, customs, taxes etc. are somewhat out of place in this thread, which IMHO should remain at a technical level.

Could a new thread be started to discuss thoseissues ?

Without offense to anybody anxious about receiving their unit, I feel all those discussions about delivery, customs, taxes etc. are somewhat out of place in this thread, which IMHO should remain at a technical level.

+1

I wasn't expecting my mR until today, but last night I discovered it had arrived on Saturday.

It took me less than 15 minutes to get it unboxed, connected to my DAC, and recognized as a RoonReady endpoint.

Initial impression was that it needed some time to cook. There was a slight loss in transparency relative to my Aries. Potentially better bass though.

It sounded better this morning after playing all night. I got the sense there was a slight reduction in noise relative to Aries plus REGEN plus pair of Jitterbugs. I really liked what I was hearing during the short time I got to listen. More tonight.

I am presently powering the mR with the el Cheapo power supply. It's connected to my DAC using the Curious REGEN link.

It'll definitely take some time to sort out the mR's contribution relative to my Aries plus those USB tweaks and USB cables.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I wasn't expecting my mR until today, but last night I discovered it had arrived on Saturday.

It took me less than 15 minutes to get it unboxed, connected to my DAC, and recognized as a RoonReady endpoint.

Initial impression was that it needed some time to cook. There was a slight loss in transparency relative to my Aries. Potentially better bass though.

It sounded better this morning after playing all night. I got the sense there was a slight reduction in noise relative to Aries plus REGEN plus pair of Jitterbugs. I really liked what I was hearing during the short time I got to listen. More tonight.

I am presently powering the mR with the el Cheapo power supply. It's connected to my DAC using the Curious REGEN link.

It'll definitely take some time to sort out the mR's contribution relative to my Aries plus those USB tweaks and USB cables.

Hey Kenny, I've also been using an Aries. Are you still using it with the microRendu? If so, how?

TIA

Hey Kenny, I've also been using an Aries. Are you still using it with the microRendu? If so, how?

No not with the Aries, but potentially in place of the Aries. There can only be one - the better streamer gets to stay.

What's your current thinking with respect to Aries vs mR?

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Wow guys please keep us posted! Since I've preordered already the mR and sold my Aries half a year ago. So I'm waiting for the revelation.

MacBook Pro + Roon > Airport Extreme > microRendu + mbps-d2s > Auralic Vega > McIntosh MC275 > Yamaha NS-2000

Wired with: High Fidelity CT-1 Enhanced RCA, Revelation Audio Labs, Fadel Art Coherence PC

mR was delivered today and hooked up quickly to the network. Setup was easy but had to huddle with Linn/Kazoo - didn’t realize that bubble upnp server was needed in order for uR to be recognized. Powered by the ifi (which I also ordered along with the uR) and using it with minimserver (in a DIY built windows home server where I back up all my music files) in mpd/dlna mode controlled by Linn/Kazoo. The uRendu is connected to Yggy with short usb cable. Though I didn’t want to write at this time as its too early but my first impression after playing couple of different music is that it has got a bigger midrange, bit tighter sound and a bit more presence and air than my current setup with dual pc Jplay setup with Intona/RUR but the sound is slightly harder and lacks touch smoothness - definitely needs more burn in. Wondering how much of improvement it make with a good LPS over the ifi wallwart ?

On a different note, after playing about an hr I find that the uR gets quiet warm (but not hot to touch). Its powered by the ifi. Anybody else noticing it as well ?

Jesus: maybe you could consider starting a sticky thread on purchasing/shipping/etc from Sonore. I think you will see a nice uptick in sales so there will be more questions along those lines.

No not with the Aries, but potentially in place of the Aries. There can only be one - the better streamer gets to stay.

What's your current thinking with respect to Aries vs mR?

Have done only one "switcheru" so far since it does entail a bit of time/work.

Again, very early in the game - maybe 60-70 hours. Of the 4 PSU I have that will do the job, my own battery supply IMO sounds more to my liking with the uRendu - a rounder sound overall, smoother. What I can say is that both my tweaked Aries setup and the Sonic Transporter>uRendu>Lampizator chain sound very, very good. At this point the Aries leans more to the fat, tube type sound. uRendu is extra-clean but by no means lean. For me Uptone's Mystery PSU will be a deciding factor. I expect it will get something close to the best out of it.

How are you feeding music to the uRendu??

At this point the Aries leans more to the fat, tube type sound. uRendu is extra-clean but by no means lean. For me Uptone's Mystery PSU will be a deciding factor. I expect it will get something close to the best out of it.

How are you feeding music to the uRendu??

Interesting you use the word fat to describe the Aries. I played a Nick Drake song last night that has a really fat acoustic guitar sound through the Aries. It was thinner and not as compelling with the mR. Since the mR was cold and just out of the box, I figured it was just that the mR needed more time cooking.

I'm looking forward to the Uptone mystery supply too.

I'm feeding music via Roon only right now.