IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Interesting you use the word fat to describe the Aries. I played a Nick Drake song last night that has a really fat acoustic guitar sound through the Aries. It was thinner and not as compelling with the mR. Since the mR was cold and just out of the box, I figured it was just that the mR needed more time cooking.

I'm looking forward to the Uptone mystery supply too.

I'm feeding music via Roon only right now.

"Meaty" is prob a better descriptive. The referenced Aries is top model tweaked out with and even better LPSU than stock plus Uptone Regen with good LPSU, etc. Well tuned to my system over a several month period.

Jesus: relative to my posts above I cannot seem to get my new BJ cable (recommended by Swenson) to work. Can you provide some direction on this?

Doak: was it worthwhile to replace your Ethernet cables with the Bluejean cables?

All the exposed Ethernet cables here are from Blue Jeans Cable. I had this made to length for every piece of gear I own that uses a wired connection. No issues to report and no insight to offer.

Some updates:

1. Production run #1 is closed and production run #2 is open for pre-sales only. Expected date is early June.

2. All production run #1 sales have shipped except for two units. One guy asked for something special and one guy in AU has not responded to an email request for a phone number.

3. There is an issue with Tidal streaming in DLNA/MPD mode skipping tracks. I have identified the issue, tested the fix, verified the fix on a customer's unit, and have submitted the fix to Andrew to include in the next update of the OS.

"Meaty" is prob a better descriptive. The referenced Aries is top model tweaked out with and even better LPSU than stock plus Uptone Regen with good LPSU, etc. Well tuned to my system over a several month period.

I agree with "meaty" as this applies even to my Aries using the regular linear supply.

The mR is doing some nice things now, but I'm also missing something that I really liked about the Aries. I wonder how much more improvement I'll hear as it burns in.

I'll be very much looking forward to some detailed reports on the improvements from feeding the mR from a better linear supply.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I agree with "meaty" as this applies even to my Aries using the regular linear supply.

The mR is doing some nice things now, but I'm also missing something that I really liked about the Aries. I wonder how much more improvement I'll hear as it burns in.

I'll be very much looking forward to some detailed reports on the improvements from feeding the mR from a better linear supply.

Hey kennyb123,

Did you try Roon with the Aries? I felt that the Roon app sounded a little thinner as opposed to the more tonal dense sound of the Aries with the Lightning DS.

Just curious if Roon is also playing a difference. I have a microRendu on order but mine will be the June batch.

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

Hey kennyb123,

Did you try Roon with the Aries? I felt that the Roon app sounded a little thinner as opposed to the more tonal dense sound of the Aries with the Lightning DS.

I've been using Roon pretty much exclusively with the Aries for the last month.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Music has been flowing through the mR for about 18 hours. I'm now hearing some really special things.

I realized after sitting down this evening that the Aries had been benefitting from a better power cord. I moved the Nordost Magus Over to the el Cheapo supply that's powering the mR. It seems to have liked it.

Hi-

Have my new microR setup to play DSD 5.6. But output is in DSD 3.07.

As if the driver in the microR/NAA "thinks" the DAC can't play back DSD5.6 over DoP.

If I connect the DAC directly to my server and use the DACs ASIO USB drive I do get DSD 128 playback.

Jesus, is this somehow an issue of the Mytek Driver in the microR? If so, can it be corrected so DSD 128 is enabled for the Mytek?

Thanks

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hi-

Have my new microR setup to play DSD 5.6. But output is in DSD 3.07.

As if the driver in the microR/NAA "thinks" the DAC can't play back DSD5.6 over DoP.

If I connect the DAC directly to my server and use the DACs ASIO USB drive I do get DSD 128 playback.

Jesus, is this somehow an issue of the Mytek Driver in the microR? If so, can it be corrected so DSD 128 is enabled for the Mytek?

Thanks

There are two Linux drivers: 1. A Mytek driver to allow Linux to support USB playback of PCM content. This driver supports DSD64 via DoP on the Stereo 192/DSD DAC and the Manhattan DAC. There is some talk behind the scenes to expand it. 2. A Mytek driver to allow Linux to support native DSD playback. This driver supports native DSD256 on the Brooklyn DAC.

Jesus, I haven't received a shipping notice for my purchase - I was on the original email list and purchased it on day 1. Have all international orders been sent?

Maybe you're one of these that Jesus commented about in the post below or post #1678 above?

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonore-microrendu-ethernet-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-output-27389/index68.html#post541058

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

On a different note, after playing about an hr I find that the uR gets quiet warm (but not hot to touch). Its powered by the ifi. Anybody else noticing it as well ?

My experience is the same. The uRendu powered by the iFi is definitely warm to touch but never what I would consider hot.

Win 10 PC -> Roon -> Sonore µRendu -> Devialet 440 Pro -> Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers

Durham, NC

i received mine today in FRANCE , didn't know it was so tiny device . my DIY power supply ( cree shottky diodes, 60mah choke, 200000uf PEH200 capacitor, mikrel regulator ) came for the rest of a SITAMP amplifier project ..

first 30min was a perfect disaster with the Microrendu not seen by my network at all , then my last neurone suddenly found that the SDcard was not correctly pug-in. i can confirm that the microrendu works better with the SDcard in . some light appears on the RJ45plug. opened the GUI , went to HQplayer switch on . and my mutecMC3usb suddenly appear as a NAA device on the HQplayer output.

35 minutes after unpacking , i run TIDAL with ROon/HQplayer NAA and the first sound finally get out of my speaker. :)

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

Is the firmware and any updates automatic?

It's done via the GUI (webpage) under Apps-Software Manager. I'm sure Jesus will announce when one is available (like when Andrew finishes the Tidal skipping bug fix, etc). Current software is 2.1

It's done via the GUI (webpage) under Apps-Software Manager. I'm sure Jesus will announce when one is available (like when Andrew finishes the Tidal skipping bug fix, etc). Current software is 2.1

It would be nice if it was automatic as long as it's on the network. Nothing to do for us. Maybe at the very least there could be a way to have Roon (if that's what you're using) to have a pop up that tells you to update the µRendu.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

.... Maybe at the very least there could be a way to have Roon (if that's what you're using) to have a pop up that tells you to update the µRendu.

That's a really nice idea. Maybe suggest that at the Roon forums too - that RoonReady devices could be made 'up-dateable' via their interface.

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

That's a really nice idea. Maybe suggest that at the Roon forums too - that RoonReady devices could be made 'up-dateable' via their interface.

Thanks but if Jesus thinks it's a good idea I'm sure he can go directly to the top at Roon and it will have instant traction. ;-)

i received mine today in FRANCE , didn't know it was so tiny device . my DIY power supply ( cree shottky diodes, 60mah choke, 200000uf PEH200 capacitor, mikrel regulator ) came for the rest of a SITAMP amplifier project ..

first 30min was a perfect disaster with the Microrendu not seen by my network at all , then my last neurone suddenly found that the SDcard was not correctly pug-in. i can confirm that the microrendu works better with the SDcard in . some light appears on the RJ45plug. opened the GUI , went to HQplayer switch on . and my mutecMC3usb suddenly appear as a NAA device on the HQplayer output.

35 minutes after unpacking , i run TIDAL with ROon/HQplayer NAA and the first sound finally get out of my speaker. :)

I am looking with interest to your DAC. Will investigate...

Also interested on your feedback about the coupling of microrendu and mutec.

without the microrendu the muteMC3 sounds good straight from my Mac mini but now i can see what the mutec can really do with a clean USB , i have built a Linear power supply for the muted ( near same as the one for the Urendu) and did"t found any improvement vs the stock SMPS . but with the microrendu the sound is most clean and some unpleasant highs have disappears too. right of the box the Micro is a keeper.. :)

the downside is that it" is not easy to use it like a airplay device for video or youtube concert , or perhaps i don"t know how..

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

Before my first iPod, when traveling for work or vacation in a rental car, I would get bored and stop at a big chain super store to raid the $5 CD bin. Anything to break monotony and the constant searching for an in range radio station. Most of the albums were 70’s classic rock, “The Best of…”, “The Very Best of…”, or “The Greatest Hits of…” Though with these albums bad production valve plus the harshness of my budget USB audio, it made listening fatiguing at home. These albums were relegated to the never listen to category. After more than 20 hours of break in on the µRendu, on a lark I sampled one. I’m now on my 6th in a row. Obviously the µRendu can’t improve the production value of an album, but there is no USB harshness and musically I can hear things that I never heard before. They are no longer fatiguing. Call it nostalgia if you want, I believe I may be nostalgic more often. Oh, by the way, my hi-res downloads sound sharper – instruments and voices have a cleaner edge.

-WynnHiFi

NUC >  M5 > May KTE > Bliss KTE > Headphone of the day

Ok, I'm struggling to get my mR up and running using my Mac Mini. I have been using an Aries for the past year as well - running Minimserver on the Mac Mini with an external hard drive as file storage - basically using my Mac Mini as a NAS. Ok, so I've gotten mR configured using the Mac Mini just fine. But now - how do I play music?! I need some kind of renderer software on the Mac Mini, right? And of course, I want to use my Ipad as remote control, since the Mac Mini is in a completely different room than the audio system.

Recommendations? I see some of you are using a combination of Roon/HQPlayer. I also have seen mention of this Linn/Kazoo player. But that would require switching from Minimserver to Bubble as the server software?

My concern with HQPlayer is it doesn't seem to support ALAC, which of course is what almost all my ripped music is in due to converting over to a Mac Mini years ago. I know I could batch convert back over to FLAC, but then I'd never be using Itunes again in the other room - or would need two sets of libraries and double the file storage.

Hmm, this is turning out to be anything but a plug-and-play solution as suggested here: SONORE microRendu quick setup guide

Ok, I'm struggling to get my mR up and running using my Mac Mini. I have been using an Aries for the past year as well - running Minimserver on the Mac Mini with an external hard drive as file storage - basically using my Mac Mini as a NAS. Ok, so I've gotten mR configured using the Mac Mini just fine. But now - how do I play music?! I need some kind of renderer software on the Mac Mini, right? And of course, I want to use my Ipad as remote control, since the Mac Mini is in a completely different room than the audio system.

Recommendations? I see some of you are using a combination of Roon/HQPlayer. I also have seen mention of this Linn/Kazoo player. But that would require switching from Minimserver to Bubble as the server software?

My concern with HQPlayer is it doesn't seem to support ALAC, which of course is what almost all my ripped music is in due to converting over to a Mac Mini years ago. I know I could batch convert back over to FLAC, but then I'd never be using Itunes again in the other room - or would need two sets of libraries and double the file storage.

Hmm, this is turning out to be anything but a plug-and-play solution as suggested here: SONORE microRendu quick setup guide

Another option is to just use Roon without HQP.

Yeah, but I'm trying to get out of all this on the cheap in terms of software. Was hoping to avoid another $100+ expense. Looks like Roon is over $100/year, or around $500 for eternal use - right? That's a bit steep for my blood at the moment.