IGNORED

The $3K all in exercize.

plissken

The origin of the Ron Scubadiver name is I used to go scuba diving as much as possible.  I have over 1200 dives, and Mrs, Scubadiver has more than 500.  That's a lot for someone who is not in the business, or living in South Florida.

You can do a search and find my other hobby on flickr.  Lord knows what anyone around here will think of the photos I take.

8 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

asians like the beach too

this was related to an experience a friend of mine had - He is an MD (rehab. medicine, and went to MIT interestingly enough) and Chinese/Japanese-American - his kids were being stereotyped at school and some teacher got on them for "insufficient achievement" which really bothered him - really, really...  when he was at a low in expostulating, I noted that:

1. there are worse stereoptypes

2. it was a lot like some 1950s, 60s Jewish stereotypes

that engaged his intellectual interest enough that he was able to get out of his limbic system...

By the way, anyone notice how well-represented Jews are in audiophilia? Most Jews = white Europeans.

Asians are also heavily involved. In my unscientific opinion, people with higher IQs / more success / generally higher quality are audiophiles.

1 minute ago, mansr said:

It's not quite clear what you're trying to imply here, but I'm pretty sure it's something racist. Can you please go back to being just a regular jerk?

What kind of people do you see at audio shows? Just being real.

38 minutes ago, GUTB said:

In my unscientific opinion, people with higher IQs / more success / generally higher quality are audiophiles.

higher iq's generally equate to higher income and appreciate engineering, so logically it makes sense that a higher percentage of people with high iq's appreciate high quality music.......a lot of money is inherited, but still, percentage wise, common sense tells you that people with higher iq's will  enjoy most aspects of a higher-end lifestyle....not to say there are not many exceptions....

18 minutes ago, mansr said:

Fat middle-aged men with more money than sense.

Typical racist excuse.

Live in a fantasy land. I’m not judging.

Why are you pretending not to want high end audio, though?

12 minutes ago, GUTB said:

Live in a fantasy land. I’m not judging.

Why are you pretending not to want high end audio, though?

What do you consider high-end audio?  "high-end" is really relative to your own financial status. 

High end to some could be a $1K amp, where to some, a high-end amp would be $100K.

If I was Bill Gates kind of rich, i would still have a very modest stereo, and it would look nothing like yours...i would probably keep my amp and go with some classic speakers....but i would travel more....probably live in san diego still....just a different home.

I am convinced GUTB is either an AI gone rogue, or a person here simply to see how much he can antagonize other people simply for his own amusement.  No woman would do that, they are too smart. I just can't figure out why he is here at all. If you are a real person, I stand by my earlier assessment.  You need to go see a professional.

No electron left behind.

15 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am convinced GUTB is either an AI gone rogue, or a person here simply to see how much he can antagonize other people simply for his own amusement.  No woman would do that, they are too smart. I just can't figure out why he is here at all. If you are a real person, I stand by my earlier assessment.  You need to go see a professional.

what surprises me most about GUTB is that he can take so much crap from so many people (justifiably), and still keep coming back for more with the same stupid mentality.  He has to have some intelligence to "rethink" his own philosophy doesn't he?  I am convinced that one day he will wake up with an epiphany, and realize it's not the rest of the world that is screwed up....

38 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

What do you consider high-end audio?  "high-end" is really relative to your own financial status. 

High end to some could be a $1K amp, where to some, a high-end amp would be $100K.

If I was Bill Gates kind of rich, i would still have a very modest stereo, and it would look nothing like yours...i would probably keep my amp and go with some classic speakers....but i would travel more....probably live in san diego still....just a different home.

Audio relativism? I’m not sure there is much philosophical value in that approach.

If you’re not an audiophile, that’s okay. No one says you have to be an audiophile.

Are you interested in better audio? Do you want help with achieving better audio? Objectively speaking your system as far as I understand it is very low-end.

19 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

what surprises me most about GUTB is that he can take so much crap from so many people (justifiably), and still keep coming back for more with the same stupid mentality.  He has to have some intelligence to "rethink" his own philosophy doesn't he?  I am convinced that one day he will wake up with an epiphany, and realize it's not the rest of the world that is screwed up....

I understand the social phenomena so I won’t take anything personally. Also people enjoy attacking me, and enjoy being a part of the group attacking me. I’m a part of enjoyment value of this forum. I have fans.

31 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

a person here simply to see how much he can antagonize other people simply for his own amusement.

This, or close enough as makes no difference.

I doubt it's an accident that when we'd all started laughing off his usual nonsense, he upped the ante with the racist crap.

Maybe no one will talk to him in real life (quelle surprise, eh?), so he tries to force interaction by being a troll on the Internet.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

17 minutes ago, GUTB said:

I understand the social phenomena so I won’t take anything personally. Also people enjoy attacking me, and enjoy being a part of the group attacking me.

the group is called humanity....humanity stands up for itself....those not in the group, that may side with your current philosophy, aren't part of the civilized world.

to put it even more bluntly, people of good nature don't degrade others....I am willing to be the devils advocate in hopes that you rethink your views of life and think before you speak.

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

GUTB - I'm really trying to see something less ridiculous in your comment, but I'm struggling. Perhaps I can just start with some facts.

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 12.51.48 PM.png

1. You're fooling yourself if you think you can determine someone's religion by looking at them. OK, I take that back, this is clearly a photograph of a jewish person.

Sammy_Davis_Jr_1989_(cropped).jpg

2. Most jews = ...

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 12.53.42 PM.png

3. Asians are heavily involved in probably everything on the globe. 

4. OK your statement about audiophiles being higher quality people is off the charts. 

Stop your madness, cut your losses, keep your crazy beliefs to yourself. No problem with believing what you want, especially in a post factual world, but you aren't allowed to post that shit here on CA. It'd be one thing if you were posting facts. However, this something entirely different and I'll play no part of it. Your comments will be kept here for posterity so people can understand where you're coming from when you make other statements.

Okay, understood. Thanks for leaving the posts.

I agree with your statement about GUTB madness, but I don't buy the definition provided of Jew.

The definition should substitute the word AND with OR.....e.g. messianic jews.  I know it's not your definition, but i think the resource could be clarified better.....Jesus was a Jew (grin).

I believe someone is Jewish by heritage, regardless of their religious beliefs.