IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, Fsonicsmith said:

Thanks. So I DID look in my Aurender App on my iPad under settings and I don't find any reference to my password anywhere. Is there some trick to finding my old username and password when looking under settings in the Aurender app on the iPad? I also DID ask for Aurender to go into my new MBP by remote and look around. They sent me the website info to use, my MBP shot out a password and ID for them to use and that was five hours ago with no response. What time is it in Korea? Really a shame Aurender does not a US based help-center or at least one that caters to US time. 

My suspicion at this point in time is that my MBP can't connect to my Aurender because of some corruption of the file where I previously sent and stored my music that was burned from my CD drive using the freeware program XLD-on my old, "deceased" MBP. On my new MBP the same file shows up due to the Apple store using iCloud to retrieve certain settings from my old MBP to my new one but the new MBP won't accept XLD even if I try to download it because it was not created by an "approved developer"-the latest High Sierra OS blocks such programs from being installed. I was forced to download a different app from the App Store that can burn CDs and convert them to FLAC files. I also have not yet downloaded AMM to my new MBP and perhaps that will help solve the problem. 

Again, if anyone can stoop low (lower than my snide 24 year old know-it-all) and guide me to how to retrieve my user name and password from the Aurender app on my iPad, I would appreciate it. 

To someone else who posted recently, I know the Command K and "connect to server" routine all too well and it has been of no use. 

Within the Conductor app:

1. Go to settings
  2. Select "Aurender File Share"
  3. You will see the user name and password on the right
  4. Read the instruction below the password

That should work.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

I have an N10 which I love.  When I first got it I compared a single track that I had loaded into the N10, with the same track played on an Oppo player, and the same track streamed from Tidal.  Their SQ was in the order mentioned.  From this Forum I found some tweaks, namely isolate the Ethernet cable from the router with a medical grade isolator (about $160) and use a straight tun from the isolator to the N10 of quality Ethernet cable (I used Ghent Audio).  The first tweak (isolation) significantly increased SQ but the second (I had been using conventional cable from Best Buy)  raised the SQ so that one couldn't distinguish between locally stored tracks and streaming tracks.  I am amazed.  I was of the "bits are bits" school and couldn't believe upgrading the cable would so improve streaming.  My Ghent cable is 8m long and also cost about $160.  

I have had mine for a year. Rock solid. The reviewer needs to get his internet straightened up.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

1 hour ago, merge03 said:

I am interested in adding optical isolation to our N10 as well.

What brand did you select?

1 hour ago, Platek said:

I don't believe that device has optical isolation. It is "galvanic separated according to the standard IEC EN 60601-1 (3rd edition)."

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don't believe that device has optical isolation. It is "galvanic separated according to the standard IEC EN 60601-1 (3rd edition)."

Maybe so but I can't see how it could get any better since the SQ from Tidal is indistinguishable from tracks on the N10  SSD.

I'm curious to compare N10 SSD playback with and without optical isolation.  Unfortunately, I may also have to invest in a linear power supply or a battery power supply for the downstream transceiver in order to hear any difference.  But I think I may try the optical isolation using a wall wart power supply for both transceivers first, and see if that is promising.

Comparing SSD vs streaming (of the "same" content) is a different kind of test.  I am not surprised at all that there is no difference in that scenario since in all cases the SSD cache is feeding the bit stream to the DAC.

9 hours ago, merge03 said:

I'm curious to compare N10 SSD playback with and without optical isolation.  Unfortunately, I may also have to invest in a linear power supply or a battery power supply for the downstream transceiver in order to hear any difference.  But I think I may try the optical isolation using a wall wart power supply for both transceivers first, and see if that is promising.

Comparing SSD vs streaming (of the "same" content) is a different kind of test.  I am not surprised at all that there is no difference in that scenario since in all cases the SSD cache is feeding the bit stream to the DAC.

I think the last paragraph is not correct. I have read earlier that for legal reasons Aurender is not allowed to store Tidal data on the SSD and play them from there. Instead only the internal memory of the Aurender is used for playing Tidal files. So from a technical perspective this might lead to changes in sound.

Quick question, maybe someone here can help.

When trying to access the media server on my N100H from my Oppo UDP-205 it keeps telling me the username/password is incorrect, when it isn't. It used to work. Only thing I've changed recently is my router. I can still access the Aurender from my Mac. Any ideas?

On 8/12/2017 at 3:30 PM, bpw said:

Correct. It is an N100H with an SPDIF coax output in addition to the USB audio out. It is not on their website yet because it isn't shipping yet. The N100 page will be updated when they start shipping in a few weeks.

Have you had a chance to audition the N100C yet? Also any thoughts on the C vs the H? 

Is there any actual benefit to using coax vs USB or is it really just for folks who already have a DAC they like that doesn’t have a USB connection? I have the N100H now and I’m very happy with it, but I’m helping my friend select an Aurender now and he seems to lean towards coax vs. usb but not for any specific DAC related reason, he just bought a Mytek Brooklyn DAC last week, so he has USB in available to his DAC. 

On 12/20/2017 at 2:30 PM, Platek said:

Maybe so but I can't see how it could get any better since the SQ from Tidal is indistinguishable from tracks on the N10  SSD.

I use the Baaske medical isolators myself and I agree I have seen a nice bump up in sound quality since I installed them. 

I have one going from cable modem to Router / switch, one going from switch to Aurender and a third going from switch to my Synology NAS. 

At this point I’m using all Bluejeans Cable Cat 6a, but I will soon order one of the Higher end Cat cables from Ghent to go from switch to Aurender (maybe I’ll get 2-3 of them

and use them so that from cable Modem 

To Aurender the entire “chain”

isbthe ghent Ethernet ? )

“Filters don’t work on any component playing MQA.”

I just downloaded the latest version of the Conductor app which announces that the A10 filters are back. I don’t have an A10 but am just wondering how this works out for A10 owners.

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

28 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I believe this is a condition of MQA certification. 

Aurender has a waiver for this condition now that the A10 filters are back in the latest 2.9.1 version?

That the A10 filters are back is at the top of the feature list for this update in the Apple App store.

The website has not yet announced this 2.9.1 version but explains the elimination of the filters for the previous 2.8.8 version released in Oct 2017.

http://www.aurender.com/blog/new-software-release-note-4/post/app-2-8-8-152

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

The Digital filters have never been enabled until this last firmware upgrade. Also upsampling was included. 

The funniest thing the reviewer said was how much he liked the brown layout Ha Ha

When he mentioned pulling out the power chord and stacking on other pieces of running equipment, it's hard to take him seriously

I will  play with the filters after I can get an explanation from Aurender. Also their is a Analog filter selector that I am not quite sure of,that is also now operable. Max current,less current,min current

will report back after the Holidays

Merry Christmas everyone. 

Russ

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Not sure how serious is Mr Serinus of Stereophile in his review process. For one, staking a sensible media server on top of another unit is at the least pretty amateur. I understand he wants to do it quick but there’s a minimum. Even the beginner knows How much a proper set up is important to sound, especially for sources. I therefore question Mr Serinus’s approach to this review. 

i have an A10 for one year now (replacing a X100) and never ever had a set up problem. The A10’s dac replaced a Chord Hugo TT dac. My first idea was to use the A10 just as a server and a pre. But soon I tought the A10 dac was good enough to sell the TT and use it as my main dac. Since then I’ve added a Chord Hugo 2 at home and can compare between the 2. I would put the A10 dac up to the level of the Hugo 2. They are different, the A10 being warmer, the Hugo 2 more analytic. I also had Resonessence Mirus, a PSAudio Direct Stream mk 2 and a couple of other dacs in the past years and although I tought the best was the PS Audio, the A10 holds its way against these fine products. It is certainly not to the dcs’s level. How much Mr Serinus ears are influenced by the dcs sound is something to consider.

I dont use the A10 pre. I have a killer HP amp that is also a very good pre (spl Phonitor X). I tested the A10 against separarates and frankly, i prefer to use a separate. I feel there is more control.

In my opinion, the A10 is a fantastic all-in-one source solution for the price. Again, compare to others. Not saying its the perfection but for the money, its more than many others. Me thinks Mr Serinus lives on a planet of his own and if you read some of the comments to the review, I’m not the only one to think that. And this is where, for me, a review has its limits, one of these being the reviewer’s perception therefore subjectivity.

2 ch: Aurender N100H, Bryston BDA3, Audio-Research LS25 Mk 2, Chord SMP1050, Dynaudio C1 Signature, Siltech 330i interconnects/330L speaker cables, all Furutech Alpha 3 AC cables, dedicated power lines with Furutech GTX-Gold receptacles, DIY stand. HP: (Aurender N100H/Bryston BDA3 sources), Phonitor X, Audeze LCD-X, AKG812, AKG3003

Same here. Have had my a10 for about 11 months now and it’s been flawless since day 1. Absolutely love it, except for the brown layout. Should be just about perfect for my needs after minor a update or 2.

Mr. Serinus should brobably lay off the eggnog before evaluating components!

I stopped taking him seriously when he referred to $5500 as “budget conscious”.o.O

Anyway, a Happy Holidays to everyone.:)

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.