IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

There are other issues with iOS 11. My iPad wouldn't update any apps from the apps store until the last bug fix in 11.0.3. Aurender app still gets the spinning wheel of death and has to be closed and opened again (but not completely restarted) So whatever Apple changed has caused issues. I wouldn't update if you still have 10. something,  because you can't go back. 

13 minutes ago, srms said:

There are other issues with iOS 11. My iPad wouldn't update any apps from the apps store until the last bug fix in 11.0.3. Aurender app still gets the spinning wheel of death and has to be closed and opened again (but not completely restarted) So whatever Apple changed has caused issues. I wouldn't update if you still have 10. something,  because you can't go back. 

Thanks for the update and advice. Definitely safer to wait and see before upgrading to iOS11. 

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

4 minutes ago, agladstone said:

I have an. 100H and since upgrading to iOS 11 it’s been very buggy!! Lots of freezes and long pauses, I have to constantly quit the conductor app and then reopen it. 

I would say that you’re best off staying in 10.x for now, I wish that I never updated! 

This is the clearest statement to date.  Many thanks!

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

19 minutes ago, jon2020 said:

This is the clearest statement to date.  Many thanks!

I think it’s more of an Apple issue than Aurender, overall the iOS11 updates for the iPads have been very buggy all around, not only with Conducter. 

The iOS 11.x for the iPhone seems more stable than on the iPad. 

8 minutes ago, agladstone said:

I think it’s more of an Apple issue than Aurender, overall the iOS11 updates for the iPads have been very buggy all around, not only with Conducter. 

The iOS 11.x for the iPhone seems more stable than on the iPad. 

It certainly looks so but does Aurender have to inform and work with Apple on this? It looks like Aurender can't sit on this while their product users suffer. It is unlikely that Apple being the giant that it is would care. Aurender may just have to work around iOS11.

Jon

Apple can't possibly test millions of apps, so of course it's the responsibility of the app developer to test their own app using beta-releases of iOS well in advance of release to market. I quote myself from a couple of weeks back:

On 2017-10-10 at 9:40 AM, Taxman said:

A professional app developer will be able to get beta-versions of upcoming versions of iOS well in advance of roll-out to customers, giving them plenty of time to ensure the app is working as it should and in most cases also release a new version compatible with the new release and also backward compatible with earlier releases. 

If the app developer are experiencing severe problems that aren't able to fix in time for the production release, you would at least expect them to provide information to customers that they should avoid upgrading until a maintenance release is available.

I have learnt the hard way that you really shouldn't be an early adopter in some cases ;)

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

33 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Apple can't possibly test millions of apps, so of course it's the responsibility of the app developer to test their own app using beta-releases of iOS well in advance of release to market. I quote myself from a couple of weeks back:

Many thanks for this very useful and helpful reminder. We will have to wait for Aurender for answers......

Jon

3 hours ago, Morten said:

After the app update yesterday I haven’t had any issues, I am on IOS 11.0.3

Am I the only one?

Are you using N100h, A10, N10 or W20?

Jon

On 22/10/2017 at 7:55 PM, Morten said:

Hallo, it freezes for me from time to time, if I hit the home bottom and press the icon to start it again it usually works.

Takes 5 seconds, but still annoying, my N100H is around 2 years old and this is the first time I have issues with it.

Kind regards Morten

Was this about the same issue you posted regarding iOS11? 

My previous question about which model you are using can be ignored. 

Jon

1 hour ago, Morten said:

Yes Jon, there was a update to the Conductor app two days ago, after the update all appears to be working.

Kind regards

Morten

Thanks, Morten. This is encouraging news.  Let's wait to hear from other N100h owners.   

Jon

On 10/26/2017 at 1:57 PM, Platek said:

There were posts awhile back on improving Tidal streaming by upgrading ethernet cable and adding ethernet isolation.  Could someone point me to the posts?  

Probably several different threads about several different tweaks! 

one new thing is to place the Ethernet cable

for Tidal into its own Netgear GS105 (V4 or V5) and have the “in” going to port 5 and the out at port 1 AND then to ground the SMPS 12V power supply to the same AC outlet or strip (this apparently fixes leakage current from getting in via the Ethernet cable to your system. 

Search for SMPS Grounding. 

Another is to galvanicly isolate your Ethernet with either a passive Medical Ethernet isolator or with a cat 6 to optical to cat 6 Extender. Search for “a novel way to massively increase sound”. 

For ethernet cable , either the higher end Audioquest, Nordest, or the copy of these made by Ghent audio seem to be popular choices. 

So far I have the Ghent Audio Ethernet cable and the Basske Medical Gigabit LAN Isolater and I just installed the Netgear GS105 (V4) now I need to try the grounding “hack” for the SMPS DC cable , which I plan to make and try today. 

I think so far what I’ve implemented seems to help make improvements for Tidal and also for even locally Autrender stored playback. 

I also noticed that when I removed the Ethernet cables I had going into my TV and Pre/Pro and OPPO Blu-Ray player and when I temporarily disconnect my Amazon Fire TV from my system too, that I got a big improvement in sound quality. 

I suppose that this means there is AC / DC leakage current and ground issues running through the Ethernet cables in my system? 

Give these tweaks a try!! None of them

are that expensive (the Audiophile grade Ethernet cable being the most $) and none of them will hurt anything!! 

I am the biggest believer in cables ( just upgraded to Audience Au24SX IC )  retail  $1850.00 per pair.  I have a standard cat 6 cable running from my X finity Cable modem directly into the Aurender A10. About 25 ft. No switches, nothing in the way, a straight run. I figured I would try Tera Grand cat 7 ( about $25.00) and also Supra Cat 8  ($100.00) . 3 pair of ears could not discern a noticeable difference in any of the cables. All were dead quiet.   The Supra has superior build quality and is future proof so I will keep it, but not because of any bump in SQ. 

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Took the bull by the horns 2 days ago and upgraded my iPad's iOS which is now 11.1, bypassing 11.0.3 altogether.

It has been working perfectly with my N100h/Conductor app since. The Conductor app was deleted before the iOS upgrade and then downloaded again after the upgrade.

So no issues with N100h/Conductor/iOS 11.1.

NB : My N100h firmware is still the factory version, having rolled it back after experiencing issues with my dac shortly after purchasing the N100h in May this year.

I am a happy camper right now with the Conductor app. :) 

Jon

Here is a suggestion for a software upgrade: Include an option to display a collection in date added order. Steal it from the JRiver "Recent Albums" option.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

The app does have the “last 30 days” filter. 

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

But the albums are displayed in alpha ordered by artists. I would like to have ordering by date - most to least recent.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Just to share another weekend experiment of mine.

Since upgrading my iPad to iOS  11.1 and with the Conductor working so well with it, I thought I should revisit upgrading my N100H firmware to the latest version, hoping that the old bugs with my dac may just have been ironed out. 

Sadly, the SQ suffers yet again with the latest firmware. So I did a factory reset and the glory and magic all came rolling back.

There is just more there there with the factory reset - more meat on the bones, more solid bass, airier highs, more open soundstage, sharper transients, better timing and rhythm, simply more musical overall.

This is frustrating only in terms of not being able to explain it. I have to emphasise that this icould be unique only to the Esoteric N-05 dac.

However, being able to just do a factory reset and reexperience the superlative magic that the N100H brings to my system is very delightful indeed.  :)

Jon

Another stellar review of the A10

http://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/sound-image/aurender-a10-music-server-and-streamer-review-472873

I just installed a couple of Synergistic Blue fuses in the A10. ( Replacing SR Blacks) Will report back after break in 

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors