IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

I have a lot of trouble to connect to the Aurender A10 with my new W10 laptop. The  laptop is migrated from W7 to W10, and since then I cannot see the A10 at all or make a network connection to it.

I really dont understand whats going on.

What I did so far:

connect to the A10 from another W10 laptop within the same network => ok

connect to other devices from my laptop (NAS, printer etc) => ok

I try to connect to the A10 with a network share (windows button+r, the \\ip-adress A10) or map network drive to the A10.

Nothing works, and the only reply from my laptop is "\\A10 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network source... The account is not authorized to log in from this station".

The only device which gives e trouble to connect to is the A10.

What can possibly be wrong? I googled and tried solutions for 2 hours but with no success. 

btw: I can ping the A10 without any problem.

Does anyone have the golden tip?

There are significant changes between W7 and W10 regarding file/folder permissions on mounted file systems.  This issue is not specific to one kind or brand of product.  That said, I've had no issues mounting the N10 volumes on my W10 desktop.  I am careful about using the correct passwords for the network shares being mounted.

5 hours ago, edje said:

Yes, there is the password in the Aurender itself if that is what you mean.

I had a similar problem with my N10 where even password didn't help. Aurender fixed it remotely. I didn't ask what the fix was.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

18 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

When you try to map the drive using the Windows GUI (not the run command), have you entered the correct credentials so it doesn’t try to pass your windows credentials?

I tried this, and ticked the "connect using different credentials". I do get a login screen, and the forementioned  warning about the A10 is not accessible etc.

I finally figured out what the problem was after a lot of internet surfing: There are several suggestions about this problem pointing to the registry. From a certain W10 build Windows insists on an authenticated SMB login. You can disable this by changing the registry:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\AllowInsecureGuestAuth

Set the value to 1 or create the entry, it should work straight away then according to several sources. But this still didn't work for me.

What did work was also change the following registry entry:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\RequireSecuritySignature from 1 to 0. That finally solved my problem.

So for everyone who has the same problems this can be a (very hard to find) solution.

Thanks everyone for participating in my connection troubles!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 12:13 PM, russellbobby said:

Another stellar review of the A10

http://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/sound-image/aurender-a10-music-server-and-streamer-review-472873

I just installed a couple of Synergistic Blue fuses in the A10. ( Replacing SR Blacks) Will report back after break in 

Russellbobby,

Did you find that the SR blues were an improvement over the SR blacks in Your A10?  How about the difference between the stock fuses vs the SR blacks in the A10?

Have never replaced the fuse or fuses in m A10 and do not know what size fuse to use.  If you have the time would appreciate your read.

Hi all 

so the upgrade to the blacks ( from the stock)were a very nice bump in the A10  Still looking from that from the Blues. I have installed the Blue in a Micro zotl2.0s (replacing a black)and have had positive results.  

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to search this thread for the answer to this question without success. I have an N100H. Can someone please tell me why Aurender can not come up with a wireless protocol to connect the Aurender to the iPad without LAN? Why do I ask? Because using a frigging LAN wire from the Aurender to a router is not always practical. I have a large but not immense home. I HAD the Aurender hooked up to a router in my basement via LAN but then our router was not covering all of our rooms. So what does an ATT tech do when he's called out? He moves the router into our upstairs family room. So where does that leave my Aurender? Out of service! So then I need to hook up a "booster" right? Not so easy. Frankly, I am ready to chuck my damned Aurender out a window. Someone please tell me why I can burn discs wirelessly from my MBP to my Aurender (I did for years) and yet Aurender won't allow a connection to the iPad without a damned LAN wire. In case you can't tell, I find it infuriating. 

Same here... Apple Airport Express connected by wi fi to Apple Extreme. Works flawlessly for 2 years now. Good luck

2 ch: Aurender N100H, Bryston BDA3, Audio-Research LS25 Mk 2, Chord SMP1050, Dynaudio C1 Signature, Siltech 330i interconnects/330L speaker cables, all Furutech Alpha 3 AC cables, dedicated power lines with Furutech GTX-Gold receptacles, DIY stand. HP: (Aurender N100H/Bryston BDA3 sources), Phonitor X, Audeze LCD-X, AKG812, AKG3003

If you already have Ethernet wire to the basement, just put an Ethernet switch in the basement, and you are done.

The very last thing you want is a radio in an audio component.

In many larger homes, the wifi router should always go on an upper floor.  You can either backfeed to an Ethernet switch in the basement, or even better to use a hard wired router in the basement feeding multiple WiFi access points located in multiple attics.  I use multiple fancy WiFi routers with the routing and DHCP disabled in our attics.  There is a Cisco small business router in the basement, along with two Gigabit Ethernet switches that add port capacity and fan out to the router.  All of the ISP gear is on the other side of our Cisco router.  The main router in the basement does all of the firewall, NAT, and DHCP responsibilities.  While all this might seem excessive, I can't see how anyone could manage a decent size house with primary and backup NAS servers, multiple streamers, TV's, etc. without this type of network architecture.

48 minutes ago, Yippedidou said:

Same here... Apple Airport Express connected by wi fi to Apple Extreme. Works flawlessly for 2 years now. Good luck

10 hours ago, coot said:

I just use an old Apple AirPort Express I got off eBay for $12 and configured it as a wifi extender. Ethernet cabled to the N00H and the iPad connects wirelessly. Works great. Any wifi extender should work. 

The only downside to this type of configuration is the bandwidth of your wifi can be cut in half for all devices. If you guys haven't experienced any negatives, then this is an awesome solution for you. Thanks for sharing. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

@russellbobby

How do you transfer music files to the the N100? Or if you are using a NAS to hold your music files, is WiFi really a good solution? Just two things to consider for the future.

You stated that the router was moved to another room, did they remove the ethernet cable from the room your Aurender is located? If not, I would suggest buying a router and connect your Aurender to it. It is easy enough to do and the Aurender is pretty good making connections to your server. Also you now have the flexibility to add other devices to your internet.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

5 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

@russellbobby

How do you transfer music files to the the N100? Or if you are using a NAS to hold your music files, is WiFi really a good solution? Just two things to consider for the future.

You stated that the router was moved to another room, did they remove the ethernet cable from the room your Aurender is located? If not, I would suggest buying a router and connect your Aurender to it. It is easy enough to do and the Aurender is pretty good making connections to your server. Also you now have the flexibility to add other devices to your internet.

Well it turns out I was wrong. My 24 yr old "I know it all and you know nothing" son advised me that my problem was the lack of a LAN connection but I knew the ATT tech had not gone into my dedicated listening room and assumed the tech had simply unhooked the LAN from the old router in the basement and left it dangling so to speak. But once I went down to the basement-after my rant above-I found that the tech had in fact connected the other end of the LAN to an extender of some sort. I therefore no longer think the LAN is the problem. My problem is that my new MBP will not connect to my Aurender N100H. My new MBP replaces an old one that completely died on me. The new MBP "sees" the Aurender under "shared devices" in "Finder" and when I double click on the Aurender or hit Command-K to connect to it, I am invited to put in my password as a registered user and my username already appears but no password (and I know my passwords) works. They all bounce. I then try to connect as a "guest" and get this message; ""The share does not exist on the server. Please check the share name and then try again." Nothing I try seems to work to get beyond this message. What does it mean to "check the share name"? The only shared device under "Finder" is my Aurender N100H which appears to be listed correctly. And furthermore, changing the name of the Aurender does not help and I certainly see no option to fix the problem of "the share does not exist on the server". Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

17 hours ago, Fsonicsmith said:

Well it turns out I was wrong. My 24 yr old "I know it all and you know nothing" son advised me that my problem was the lack of a LAN connection but I knew the ATT tech had not gone into my dedicated listening room and assumed the tech had simply unhooked the LAN from the old router in the basement and left it dangling so to speak. But once I went down to the basement-after my rant above-I found that the tech had in fact connected the other end of the LAN to an extender of some sort. I therefore no longer think the LAN is the problem. My problem is that my new MBP will not connect to my Aurender N100H. My new MBP replaces an old one that completely died on me. The new MBP "sees" the Aurender under "shared devices" in "Finder" and when I double click on the Aurender or hit Command-K to connect to it, I am invited to put in my password as a registered user and my username already appears but no password (and I know my passwords) works. They all bounce. I then try to connect as a "guest" and get this message; ""The share does not exist on the server. Please check the share name and then try again." Nothing I try seems to work to get beyond this message. What does it mean to "check the share name"? The only shared device under "Finder" is my Aurender N100H which appears to be listed correctly. And furthermore, changing the name of the Aurender does not help and I certainly see no option to fix the problem of "the share does not exist on the server". Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Try chosing “connect to server” from the finders “go” menu, and enter either the aurenders IP address or name. Perhaps your 24 year old can help you with that, lol

17 hours ago, Fsonicsmith said:

Make sure you're using the username and password set in the Aurender iOS app.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

56 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If this doesn't work contact Aurender they MIGHT have to connect to your set remotely. 

A few errors in this review but overall positive: https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/aurender-a10-network-music-server/ 

I'll leave it to an A10 owner to correct him. :S

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

1 hour ago, rwwjr44 said:

If this doesn't work contact Aurender they MIGHT have to connect to your set remotely. 

Thanks. So I DID look in my Aurender App on my iPad under settings and I don't find any reference to my password anywhere. Is there some trick to finding my old username and password when looking under settings in the Aurender app on the iPad? I also DID ask for Aurender to go into my new MBP by remote and look around. They sent me the website info to use, my MBP shot out a password and ID for them to use and that was five hours ago with no response. What time is it in Korea? Really a shame Aurender does not a US based help-center or at least one that caters to US time. 

My suspicion at this point in time is that my MBP can't connect to my Aurender because of some corruption of the file where I previously sent and stored my music that was burned from my CD drive using the freeware program XLD-on my old, "deceased" MBP. On my new MBP the same file shows up due to the Apple store using iCloud to retrieve certain settings from my old MBP to my new one but the new MBP won't accept XLD even if I try to download it because it was not created by an "approved developer"-the latest High Sierra OS blocks such programs from being installed. I was forced to download a different app from the App Store that can burn CDs and convert them to FLAC files. I also have not yet downloaded AMM to my new MBP and perhaps that will help solve the problem. 

Again, if anyone can stoop low (lower than my snide 24 year old know-it-all) and guide me to how to retrieve my user name and password from the Aurender app on my iPad, I would appreciate it. 

To someone else who posted recently, I know the Command K and "connect to server" routine all too well and it has been of no use.