IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

This is a long shot but, I’m wondering if there are any N20 owners that previously were Innuos owners and experienced a performance improvement by moving to the Aurender.  My specific goal, is to gain a sonic lift by replacing my Innuos Zenith MKII SE with the purchase of a N20. This Innuos is a older limited edition but it’s my understanding, that it still sounds better than the current MK3.  

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

6 minutes ago, Vangelis said:

This is a long shot but, I’m wondering if there are any N20 owners that previously were Innuos owners and experienced a performance improvement by moving to the Aurender.  My specific goal, is to gain a sonic lift by replacing my Innuos Zenith MKII SE with the purchase of a N20. This Innuos is a older limited edition but it’s my understanding, that it still sounds better than the current MK3.  

We've been representing both brands for many years now and Innuos from the very early beginnings.

To put it very briefly and simply, the N20 is a major step up from the former S10 and N10 models and not really comparable to anything other than the Innuos Statement in terms of performance. The Innuos ZENith of today is rather on the level of the Aurender N200.

There are other factors to take into account as well. Innuos offers Roon Core/Endpoint functionality as well as CD-ripping capabilities which Aurender lacks. Innuos could also be seen as more of a system approach these days where they're also offering a network switch (Phoenix NET) and USB reclocker (Phoenix USB) as an upgrade to the ZENith range.

Hope that helps.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Have any of you had a problem with one of the Aurender streamers not importing cover images from an external HD? I just received an Auralic Aries G1 and it imported less than half of the images! Here's what just a fragment of my library looks like:

[IMG]

I also discovered every time I unplug the external hard drive the streamer disconnects from the network, and I have to go through a time consuming start up procedure again. I'm going to send it back.  The Aurender N150 looks promising. Do any of you own one? If so, how do you like it?

B&W 803D3 speakers

McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp

Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Chord Qutest DAC

VPI Prime Signature turntable/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge

Sennheiser HD800s, Audyssey LCD-xC headphones

@Vangelis - If you're comparing the N20 to the Innuos Zenith M2, then the word on the street is that the N20 is a great upgrade over the N10 but find very little comparing the two side by side. @newbie suggests that the Innuos Statement is their flagship with other products in the space to provide you with a total solutions + it can serve as a Roon server which Aurender on a whole can not... So the questions comes down to SQ, I think you'll be very happy with the N20 but if you want to use it for Roon, you may have to look for a another solution. As an FYI, I prefer the Aurender "on it's own Island" approach and like their app because it's simple and gives you everything you need. As a further FYI, Roon and it's frequent updates annoys me because when it comes down to it, all I want to do is listen to music.

@newbie's comparison of a N20 v. statement should had been a Statement v. W20SE which are both their top of the line models.

Hope this helps....

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

As many of you know, a new Conductor app for iPhone and Android has been under development for some time. Beta version 3.0.11 has just been released and we would like to invite you all to join our public Beta Testing Program. 

If you are interested in testing and providing feedback, please join our forum at betatest.aurender.com

Instructions to install beta versions of the app for your device can be found here:

Please take some time to play with the new app, and report and bugs & issues by creating a new "topic" under the Phone App 3.0.11 Beta Release Candidate category. 

We hope you enjoy the new app! More to come...

8 minutes ago, AurenderAmerica said:

As many of you know, a new Conductor app for iPhone and Android has been under development for some time. Beta version 3.0.11 has just been released and we would like to invite you all to join our public Beta Testing Program. 

If you are interested in testing and providing feedback, please join our forum at betatest.aurender.com

Instructions to install beta versions of the app for your device can be found here:

Please take some time to play with the new app, and report and bugs & issues by creating a new "topic" under the Phone App 3.0.11 Beta Release Candidate category. 

so the beta version is only for iphone but not iPad?

28 minutes ago, AurenderAmerica said:

Nice!!!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3.0.6 here as well.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

On 7/7/2022 at 6:07 PM, Buzzer said:

Name of album does not show up now on the N100C Aurender screen.  I've checked this with multiple albums -  same result.  Need fixed.  Also need this other upload "Failed to add a task" glitch fixed.

IMG_4763.JPG

A reboot fixes this UNTIL the database is scanned and updated for new albums. Then it goes back to "unknown artist" and the filename scrolling on the screen. To go back to the normal display you'll have to reboot the player, then it once again remembers how to read Metadata. 

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

• 2 weeks later...

Evening All,

I have a W20 connected directly to active speakers [which have built-in DACs] via single USB cable. Probably the simplest set-up possible and it sounds wonderful!

I am pondering the use of headphones with the W20, but don't want to spoil my current uber-simple setup.

I already have Audeze LCD-3 headphones and Bryston BHP-1 headphone amp that I want to use if possible.

IDEALLY, I'd like to take a 2nd-digital feed off the W20 to a new-DAC dedicated to the BHP-1. Probably via Coax/SPDIF. This would be my preferred route to maintain that simplicity and purity of the W20/speaker set-up. I definitely don't want the new-DAC to feed the speakers, nor do I want to introduce a USB-port to split the W20 output to a new-DAC and to the existing speakers. IE. I don't want to muck about with the W20/active-speaker set-up

TBH, I am anticipating that I'll need to get another dedicated streamer and DAC, pulling my music off my NAS backup rather than the W20 and feed the headphone amp that way, but I thought I'd seek the thoughts of the Group first.

I think the crux to my IDEAL solution is the question will I get away with taking a 2nd-digital feed off the W20 to a new-DAC for the BHP-1, whilst the 1st is still feeding a signal to [muted] active-speakers? ie can the W20 feed two digital outputs at the same time?

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

Which Aurender sounds the best? Regardless of cost. Disregard different features. SOUNDS THE BEST 🙂

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

On 8/25/2022 at 7:12 PM, AurenderAmerica said:

3.0.11 should be available shortly. Please check back. Thank you! @steveoat @JS21

Any idea on SW fix that fave artists and songs can be sorted by names, dates, etc, on Qobuz?

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

For years, I have worked to eliminate something I assume we all encounter. I’m speaking of the “glare” on the front end of piano strokes, especially the ones in the higher registers. I eventually convinced myself, after several swings and misses, that my DAC was to blame. I switched it out for the Nagra “Tube” DAC. I unpacked it and plugged it in, let it break itself in for a month or two, and could hardly be less sorry for choosing it. I am not sure any price of gear did (or could) do more to improve the sound of my system. Not only is the glare gone (I can listen to piano music even at -16 db with no fear), but the whole audio picture is not only right but a marvel. What a gem.

I have just installed my new N20. In the manual the instructions are to select the + symbol to open a window to type a specific radio station and it’s URL to access stations not available in the on the Shoutcast list. I can not seem to find the path to to find this window nor the + on Conductor screen. Any help would be appreciated 

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.