IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, Bling said:

Hi, Sean--

As long as your MacBook is running macOS Big Sur or later (I'm running Monterey), iOS apps run transparently on a Mac. Conductor operates and looks great on my new MacBook Pro.

Kip

------------

Hi all,

I just got a W20, pretty amazing piece of kit.!! I think I've finally reached the end of my front end search.Im just loading my music on the drives and getting set up.

I have a question though, will the Conductor App work on a surface pro or MacBook. Currently I have the lite version on my I phone but not the nicest experience with small screen etc.

Thanks

Sean

IMG_6367 2.jpg

I am hoping that Ari can give some type of timeline as to when he expects new features to be implemented.  Recently a number were suggested and I'm wondering when we might get some of this functionality, and which one(s) they will be implementing first.

3 hours ago, kipdent said:

Hi Kip,

I am also running Monterey on 2018 MBP and would like to get Conductor app to work on my MBP. When I search in App Store it says no results.Can you let me know what you mean when you say the app runs transparently on MBP.

Thanks

Sean

Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 21.11.39 3.jpg

On 4/8/2022 at 12:48 AM, AurenderAmerica said:

@ufoerp if you are referring to a USB WiFI adapter in order to set up an independent WiFi connection with your device running Conductor, here's that info: https://aurender.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007493101-Can-I-use-a-USB-WiFi-Adapter-with-my-Aurender-

Note, this will not provide you with internet access.

Thanks and this is very helpful. 

Two years ago, i remember there is a much longer list from Aurender public website. 

On 4/8/2022 at 11:10 PM, ufoerp said:

Two years ago, i remember there is a much longer list from Aurender public website. 

@ufoerp Compatible USB WiFi adapters will use the Realtek RTL8812AU chipset. Unfortunately, the RTL8812AU is discontinued and new production models using this specific chipset are quite scarce. We have yet to find another compatible chipset and unfortunately, manufacturing our own is out of the question. 

Luckily, there are other, better solutions for establishing connectivity when a home-run Ethernet connection to the router is not possible: What if I do not have an Ethenet/LAN connection in my listening room?

I think I might be upgrading to the N200 soon. I hope it’s worth it over the A10. 
Does anyone know if the N200 uses the same fuses as the A10?

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

6 hours ago, JS21 said:

I think I might be upgrading to the N200 soon. I hope it’s worth it over the A10. 
Does anyone know if the N200 uses the same fuses as the A10?

I am curious about the replacement DAC and the possible upgrade in sound. The A10 has a quite mellow sound signature. From what I read is the new generation much cooler in sound signature than the former generation, which the A10 is in my opinion. 

I am thinking of the same upgrade path but am having a hard time choosing which dac will fit best. 

A good test of the possible upgrade in sound quality is switching between the A10 alone as a streamer vs the N200.

Have the N200 on order. Quite excited. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

14 hours ago, Ponzi said:

I an anxious to hear what you think of it.  A comparison with the W20 SE may be in order.  MMC

Should have it within a week. Will report back….

Question for owners of models with the “critical listening” option; Assuming the best sound quality is what we are all seeking, why would one listen when critical listening mode is not enabled? Setting aside the front display, what background functions are disabled? And what is the downside of turning off said background functions? 

I searched prior posts on the subject and only found discussions about the display and whether or not users experienced any improvement with “critical listening” enabled. I’m just curious about the nameless background functions and what is being “lost” when the option is enabled. Thanks in advance.

I have zero technical expertise in the area, but there appears to be agreement on this question by those who do know.  I read recently about the front display on the Playback MDR 8 DAC. It is very primitive looking but was chosen for its non-interference properties.  By reports, the designer of this DAC is terribly well thought of and designed the digital side of the higher end Nagra DACs. I, by the way, always listen in CLM.

• 2 weeks later...

My N200 finally came in today. Beautiful piece 🤩. Now comes the break-in. 

Can anyone tell me how I can load my saved playlists from my A10 to the N200?