IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

51 minutes ago, Bolts said:

My conductor app has started crashing on the IPad but only in QoBuz, go to load track and it crashes back to homepage.  Tried re downloading app but same issue - I’ll contact Aurender but if anyone has any thoughts very welcome.

This is a universal/systemic issue that began on the morning of March 29. The problem occurs only on the iPad app. iPhone and Android apps are not experiencing this problem at all. We have successfully diagnosed the problem and a Conductor for iPad update has already been released to the App Store to fix the problem.

It normally takes a few days for updates to be approved by the App Store and released to the general public. I expect it will go live by the end of this week. In the meantime, we will be making a beta version available for immediate download for those users who wish to do so. I will post that download link here once it is available. 

24 minutes ago, AurenderAmerica said:

This is a universal/systemic issue that began on the morning of March 29. The problem occurs only on the iPad app. iPhone and Android apps are not experiencing this problem at all. We have successfully diagnosed the problem and a Conductor for iPad update has already been released to the App Store to fix the problem.

It normally takes a few days for updates to be approved by the App Store and released to the general public. I expect it will go live by the end of this week. In the meantime, we will be making a beta version available for immediate download for those users who wish to do so. I will post that download link here once it is available. 

Thanks 🙏🏻 

If you would like to install a beta version of the Aurender Conductor app in advance of the public release update which fixes this annoying issue with the iPad Conductor app, you may do so here:

1. Tap this link on your iPad: https://testflight.apple.com/join/SX1pwY7t
2. Tap the "Install TestFlight" link in number 1 under "Installing a beta iOS or iPadOS app via email or public link invitation" on that page. This will prompt you to download and install the TestFlight app on your iPad.
3. Open the TestFlight app and tap "Aurender Conductor" from the available Apps in the left column. 
4. Tap "Install" to install Aurender Conductor version 3.23(0)
?name=4979B8DF-DF5D-49D6-BA5F-3395949F24DB_1_201_a.jpeg
Of course, if you do not wish to execute these steps and use the beta version of the app, you may wait a few days for the public release version to hit the App Store, at which point you may update the app normally. Again, the iPhone and Android apps are still fully functional at this time if you would prefer to use those in the meantime.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

I spent a very frustrating night last night and almost again tonight until I found this thread. I looked to see if there was a known bug last night and did not find this thread. I just installed the testpilot beta and all is good. Great to have Qobuz again on my W20. Thank you.

Sorry to report that Tidal was working yesterday with the iPad V 3.23, but now I cannot log on at all with either my iPad or IPhone App.  Before I send a trouble ticket, I wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem.  

BTW, I have to again thank Ari and the folks at Aurender Support for their fantastic support!

Still contending with this annoying issue when starting first USB upload of the day.  Continue to get this message on iPad.  Need to completely close out of the app and open the app for the process to function normally.  After first upload, then the next uploads function normally.  Any thoughts??? (Yes, I know the folders can be loaded VIA drag and drop on my computer.  Last time I did that with 60 or so folders, process was interrupted, partial copies went through to Aurender and it took about a week to fix it).  USB upload is more reliable (IMHO).  Thanks.

fullsizeoutput_202.jpeg

Hi guys,

I am interested to move from Roon app to either Lumin or Aurender Conductor native apps for better SQ over rich info. However, I prefer to control music playback right on PC (not Mac) over the apps on phones and tablets. 

Is it possible to use Lumin or Aurender Conductor from PC desktop (windows 10) with android emulator programs like Bluestacks, MemuPlay or Noxplayer? Anyone has such experience? Is there any issue?

Thank you.

@AurenderAmerica I have a question.

Now I'm using the N100H which I upgraded the storage to 4TB SSD. If I move up the chain to N20, can I just remove the SSD in the N100H and put it in the N20's tray? Would this automatically work, or do I have to move my music elsewhere first, then format this SSD with the N20, and then move my library back?

It would be great if I can just move the SSD from the N100H and throw it into the N20 without any reformatting.

This next question is to everyone reading this thread. How big would the improvement be if I replace my N100H with the N20? Now my dac is Denafrips Terminator Plus with Hermes DDC. My concern is, although the Terminator Plus is a good dac, I know it's merely a Chinese product and not as high-end as something like dCS Rossini (or even Bartok), or anything made by MSB. I don't want to be in the situation where my dac is not good enough to appreciate the improvement in the source device.

@The Computer Audiophile In your N20 review, you said the N20 matched particularly well with Schiit Yggdrasil and you seemed to like this combo very much. I also saw that you also paired the N20 with the Terminator 2. I couldn't find your details comment about the synergy of this pairing in the review and in comment section. Can you comment on this? Comparing with the Yggdrasil, how do you think the N20 fared with the Terminator 2? Was this pairing brighter than usual / or did it sound bright comparing with the Yggdrasil?

I have no way to test the N20 with my setup and have to buy blind, so with its high price, it's better to find as much information as I can.

Thanks

23 minutes ago, PrTv said:

Now I'm using the N100H which I upgraded the storage to 4TB SSD. If I move up the chain to N20, can I just remove the SSD in the N100H and put it in the N20's tray? Would this automatically work, or do I have to move my music elsewhere first, then format this SSD with the N20, and then move my library back?

It would be great if I can just move the SSD from the N100H and throw it into the N20 without any reformatting.

@PrTv Yes, you could grab the HDD out of the N100H and install it in the N20 without reformatting. After physically installing the repurposed drive into the N20, connect to the N20 with the app and go to Settings>Disk Information>Refresh Storage Status (this option only appears in the Disk Information settings menu when the app is connected to an Aurender model with user-installable storage slots). Of course, it is non-negotiable to have at least one additional copy of your library too. 

For what it's worth, my personal opinion (this is Ari) of Denafrips is very positive! Obviously the delta between N100H and N20 is significant...you should hear the difference with any DAC, in any serious system. Probably you were really looking more for user/customer comments than manufacturer's comments but I just wanted to put in a good word for Denafrips DACs and DDCs.

3 minutes ago, AurenderAmerica said:

@PrTv Yes, you could grab the HDD out of the N100H and install it in the N20 without reformatting. After physically installing the repurposed drive into the N20, connect to the N20 with the app and go to Settings>Disk Information>Refresh Storage Status (this option only appears in the Disk Information settings menu when the app is connected to an Aurender model with user-installable storage slots). Of course, it is non-negotiable to have at least one additional copy of your library too. 

For what it's worth, my personal opinion (this is Ari) of Denafrips is very positive! Obviously the delta between N100H and N20 is significant...you should hear the difference with any DAC, in any serious system. Probably you were really looking more for user/customer comments than manufacturer's comments but I just wanted to put in a good word for Denafrips DACs and DDCs.

Thanks for the swift reply Ari. It's very assuring to hear that I can just simply swap the drive to the new unit and it will work. Also good to hear positive result from you about the Denafrips.

2 hours ago, PrTv said:

In your N20 review, you said the N20 matched particularly well with Schiit Yggdrasil and you seemed to like this combo very much. I also saw that you also paired the N20 with the Terminator 2. I couldn't find your details comment about the synergy of this pairing in the review and in comment section. Can you comment on this? Comparing with the Yggdrasil, how do you think the N20 fared with the Terminator 2? Was this pairing brighter than usual / or did it sound bright comparing with the Yggdrasil?

I have no way to test the N20 with my setup and have to buy blind, so with its high price, it's better to find as much information as I can.

Thanks

Yes, the N20 and Yggy are a great match. Thinking about this makes me want to listen to them right now :~)

The Terminator II and N20 is a different story. This wouldn't be my first choice pairing. I believe to get the best out of a Terminator, it should be paired with HQPlayer and the audio should be processed to 20 bits for PCM or DSD256 for DSD. The N20 can do limited upsampling, but that's not its main strength. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes, the N20 and Yggy are a great match. Thinking about this makes me want to listen to them right now :~)

The Terminator II and N20 is a different story. This wouldn't be my first choice pairing. I believe to get the best out of a Terminator, it should be paired with HQPlayer and the audio should be processed to 20 bits for PCM or DSD256 for DSD. The N20 can do limited upsampling, but that's not its main strength. 

Chris, if you haven't yet, try setting HQP to output 20 bits to the Yggy. Miska actually recommended 16 bits, but I found that far too harsh for my tastes.

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 6.00.58 PM.png

No electron left behind.

9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Thanks for your honest view on this pairing.

From what you said, it seems to me that the problem itself is from how the T2 handles digital signal in general (that you found it to perform better with 20b PCM and 256 DSD), and not specifically because of the fact that N20 pairs badly with the T2? However, N20, as great as it is, is not the streamer that focuses on upsampling and those kind of stuff (unlike Roon), so in your view, the T2 would sound better it is is paired with a streamer that can do the upsampling/sampling rate conversion.

Is my above understanding correct?

May you please elaborate more on how you arrived at the conclusion that the T2 works best with the 20bits PCM/ 256DSD? As T+ is practically the T2, I’m very interested to know more as it can help me get the most out of the unit.

Thanks

Hi all,

I just got a W20, pretty amazing piece of kit.!! I think I've finally reached the end of my front end search.Im just loading my music on the drives and getting set up.

I have a question though, will the Conductor App work on a surface pro or MacBook. Currently I have the lite version on my I phone but not the nicest experience with small screen etc.

Thanks

Sean

IMG_6367 2.jpg