IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

After latest (current) firmware update on my N100H, HDD icon on the display is still white as on the photo, indicates hdd operating, even if hdd is idle (when I can hear that hdd is not spinning). Icon never goes gray as before. Soft restart or hard ON/ OFF cycle not helping. Is it known bug, or is something wrong with my unit? Anyone noticed the same?

6D909C7F-419C-4477-8235-5CB6571D7F00.jpeg

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

24 minutes ago, Koso said:

After latest (current) firmware update on my N100H, HDD icon on the display is still white as on the photo, indicates hdd operating, even if hdd is idle (when I can hear that hdd is not spinning). Icon never goes gray as before. Soft restart or hard ON/ OFF cycle not helping. Is it known bug, or is something wrong with my unit? Anyone noticed the same?

I don't see the issue on N20 with an SSD.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

10 hours ago, Koso said:

On 11/28/2022 at 8:07 PM, Koso said:

I don't have this issue on my N100SC. Maybe it's a regular disk/SSD thing? I have an SSD in my N100SD.

I do still have the "unknown artist" issue after a database update for new albums, which so far only can be resolved by restarting the player. 

Also, often, when it restarted, I see the blue VU meter, even though the settings in the app show that it should display the artist/track screen. It's also quite a challenge to get it back to the artist/track screen (which should be the default anyway), it takes me a lot of switching to get the VU meter out.

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

Correct. I updated the software on both aurenders and the one could no longer see the other.  I went to the ASC function, pressed the the aurender to be seen,  then pressed “go,” after which the icon spun and spun and then told me to call support. I am sure I’ve done something stupid, and that there’s an easy fix, I just don’t know what it is.

Quick update. After remote check from Aurender support the HDD icon issue was resolved. And in addition I have installed latest firmware (V5.23.218 for N100), which changed icon display behavior a bit. The icon is either visible or not displayed at all, so no more gray (inactive) icons. I like it better this way, it is clear and unambiguous.

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

I do not get the “linked ACS” screen on my system. Mine says “configure ACS” after which it says “Not Set.” There is a “Select an ACS to connect” box, and when I select it, it shows a box to select my ACS, but when I select it, the wheel spins and spins and I am told to contact support.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Aurender Forum members, and Happy Holidays!

First, I wanted to say I have learned so much from so many of you here and want to express my gratitude. Thank you.

Next, I suspect I am part of a tiny subset of Aurender users who uses the RAVENNA protocol over Ethernet with Merging Technologies' NADAC as my DAC. I would very much like to connect with anyone else on this Forum who does the same. Even if we only exchange private messages I think it would be beneficial to learn best practices from one another or share how any challenges were overcome. I hope to hear from some of you!

kipdent

Aurender N100C with 8TB Samsung SSD

Merging Technologies NADAC

11 minutes ago, kipdent said:

Hello, Aurender Forum members, and Happy Holidays!

First, I wanted to say I have learned so much from so many of you here and want to express my gratitude. Thank you.

Next, I suspect I am part of a tiny subset of Aurender users who uses the RAVENNA protocol over Ethernet with Merging Technologies' NADAC as my DAC. I would very much like to connect with anyone else on this Forum who does the same. Even if we only exchange private messages I think it would be beneficial to learn best practices from one another or share how any challenges were overcome. I hope to hear from some of you!

kipdent

Aurender N100C with 8TB Samsung SSD

Merging Technologies NADAC

Hi Kipdent, I use an Aurender with my Merging HAPI Mk2 DAC, via Ravenna. Aurender is far ahead of the curve on this one, with support for Ravenna. Ravenna is rock solid. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

24 minutes ago, KINS said:
Using N30SA, My understanding is reading file that was ripped from CD would give better sound than Streaming platforms such as Qobuz (FLAC) or Tidal (MQA). What is your experience?

Well that is my experience using a W20.

I tend to use Tidal to identify new stuff and then I usually source a HD download, failing that I’ll usually rip an SD from a CD

downloads or rips always sound better to me than the Tidal equivalent. Easy enough to try for yourself though, don’t trust what we say!

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

16 hours ago, KINS said:

How do you connect your N30SA to Network?

Any experience with Ethernet « audio » switch such as Melco S10, Melco S100, Innuos Phoenix NET, Synergetic Ethernet Switch UEF?

So called "audio switches" are nonsense. The signal is digital. It either works or it doesn't. It is much wiser to invest in new music or better loudspeakers. 

If at all possible, use a cat 5 (or higher) network cable to connect the player to your network.

Avoid wireless. 

On 12/28/2022 at 4:58 PM, stefano_mbp said:

Ethernet CAT5 is quite old, it can do 100Mbps and not more, CAT5e and CAT6 are both 1000Mbps capable. They should be NOT shielded to avoid ground loops.

Even a CAT4 is sufficient for high res music. A CAT5 can handle more than 5 times the needed bandwidth.

Also, I mentioned "(or highter)" in my reply. 

• 2 weeks later...

Need some help, please.  A30 was alive and well until last night.  I ripped three CDs, then went to play some music -- no dice.  All appears well, but not getting output to pre-amp and amps.  All had been fine before.  song selections appear to be playing. 

Also have "HDD" in upper left corner of screen, which I do not recall before.

Questions?  Any assistance would be Greatly Appreciated.  Exception out of town guests tomorrow, and had been eager to show off   my music stuff, so of course this happens now.