IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

48 minutes ago, AurenderAmerica said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just confirmed the bug and reported it to Korea.

Thanks!

source Aurender N100c dac Lampizator Amber 3 Balanced amp McIntosh MA7900 loudspeakers Sonus Faber Nova II loudspeaker cable NBS Monitor III interlink NBS Monitor IV XLR powercords NBS Monitor IV, NBS Active III usb cable Audioquest Carbon

On 6/28/2022 at 11:16 AM, steveoat said:

So, just to be sure, if I went with the ACS100, and supposed I added two 4 TB SSD (total of 8 TB), I would have a total of 24 TB storage space if combined with the 16 TB of my N200 )correction -- I have an N200, not a A 200)?

I just bought an ACS100 and installed 1 8 TB SSD Drive (Music 1).  I also have an N200 with two separate 8 TB Hard drives (Music 1 and Music 2).  Want to make sure everything is set up correctly.  I can see both aurenders on my network.  On my N200, I see the two internal drives (Music 1 and Music 2) and it looks like I am sharing files with the ACS100 as I can search within the N200 and am able to locate the files on my ACS100.  However, on my ACS100, I can see the files on Music 1 on the ACS100, but my shared files only seem to include the ACS100 files.  I am not able to search for any of the files of my N200 on my ACS100.

I was under the impression that a shared database is created for all the aurenders on my system.  This seems to be the case for the N200, but I don't see the shared database on the ACS100.  Am I doing something wrong in my configuration, or is this supposed to be how things work?

@AurenderAmerica

You probably missed this, so here's a repost:

I have a very random and so far not reproducable glitch with my N100SC. 

Sometimes, after I have added a few albums to the library, when I start one of those albums it only plays the first song and then removes the entire album from the playlist. It remains in the library, and when I start it up again, it plays the entire album.

It happens randomly. Sometimes not for weeks, sometimes two albums in a row. I have been paying attention for any possible order or format or resolution, but nothing seems to matter, it just happens.

I always make sure that the entire album is in the playlist, so it's not a matter of accidentally only selecting the first song.

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

52 minutes ago, steveoat said:

I just bought an ACS100 and installed 1 8 TB SSD Drive (Music 1).  I also have an N200 with two separate 8 TB Hard drives (Music 1 and Music 2).  Want to make sure everything is set up correctly.  I can see both aurenders on my network.  On my N200, I see the two internal drives (Music 1 and Music 2) and it looks like I am sharing files with the ACS100 as I can search within the N200 and am able to locate the files on my ACS100.  However, on my ACS100, I can see the files on Music 1 on the ACS100, but my shared files only seem to include the ACS100 files.  I am not able to search for any of the files of my N200 on my ACS100.

I was under the impression that a shared database is created for all the aurenders on my system.  This seems to be the case for the N200, but I don't see the shared database on the ACS100.  Am I doing something wrong in my configuration, or is this supposed to be how things work?

It’s working as it’s designed. ACS is a centralized source. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It’s working as it’s designed. ACS is a centralized source. 

So, are you saying that if I wanted to use the ACS100 with a DAC, I would be limited to the files only on the ACS100 -- I couldn't share those on the N200?

Hi, just made the switch from Roon to the Aurender ecosystem.  So far so good but I have a few questions;  How do you make multiple disc albums into one album in Conductor?  Is there a way to make albums by the same artist appear in order of release instead of alphabetically?  I am guessing there is no way to edit metadata within the app.   Thanks

Hi @AurenderAmerica, after I updated to the latest firmware, file type reading on my N100H seems to report differently.

DSD files were no longer reported as "DSD" on the top (along with the connected device). Is this intentional?

This is DSD128 file, and you can see it correctly reads "2XDSD and 5.6" on the bottom but up top, it reports "176.4Khz" which doesn't seem correct.

N100H.thumb.jpg.079ddf7e285a323d27e8ec31a73c8435.jpg

However, my DDC and DAC seemed to receive correct audio signal, as DSD indications on DDC and DAC lit up, as well as "128" on DDC and 2X on DAC (indicate DSD 2X).

DAC.thumb.jpg.97d876667cd72573ab4e1b34224dbcc4.jpg

Is it possible to correctly show DSD 128 / 256 / etc on top of the screen?

Also my Conductor was setup correctly and Native DSD was turned on (never been off since I got the unit actually).

Conductor.jpg.b865af5543797971bbc3bc3b69c934fa.jpg

Just to further add that actually this issue doesn't limit only to DSD, but with other file types as well.

In summary, with this new firmware, the file type indication on the front panel is messed up!

This is 24/96 file and here is what's shown on the screen.

N100H-Error.thumb.jpg.04ae44a538627fab8a9466e9749613d6.jpg

Again, fortunately, proper data was sent out of the unit, so playback seems to be unaffected (reported correctly as 24/96).

DDC-2.thumb.jpg.2e6079fe4f5e97355b37dc8773a6ee50.jpg

Aurender, please fix this!

• 3 weeks later...

I tested a TAD D1000 (first version) DAC/cd player with my A10 streamer via the USB output of the A10.

All in all there is a definite upgrade in sound quality. There is more controll and flow with the TAD in the system. Also there is more base energy. The width of the soundstage is growing by a meter on boith sides. What is remarkable is that the A10 gives more energy in the mid frequency band, especially noticeable with acoustic guitar. If this is good or not depends on the system offcourse. In my situation the TAD is an upgrade. But considering the money (Eur 15K in 2014) I was expecting a bigger difference. The A10 has a very good dac on-board.

Of course, the TAD is an outdated model. There are better types on the market by now I think for less money. So I will investigate and try different models with the A10 to try to improve the sound quality further more.  

Does anybody has experience with the TAD dac in combination with the A10 or N100? And what can I expect more of a modern dac around Eur 5.000,- in relation to the TAD?

On 7/7/2022 at 12:07 PM, Buzzer said:

Name of album does not show up now on the N100C Aurender screen.  I've checked this with multiple albums -  same result.  Need fixed.  Also need this other upload "Failed to add a task" glitch fixed.

IMG_4763.JPG

IMG_4764.JPG

I am curious if a simple reboot of the Aurender fixes the issue?  I am working with Aurender on potential defect and this looks the same as what I am seeing on a different model.

Also what version of software are you on?

Carlin "Rick" Smith

Hi

Anybody know how to roll back the firmware?

This new firmware with fancy "Icons" clearly is a no go for me. I can live with the file type incorrectly reported (my previous post), but I recently encountered another more serious problem. From time to time (within 1/2 albums) the unit sent out screechy sound (like static high frequency overlaying the track), and this could be fixed by restarting the song or skipping the song.

I isolated the problem and I'm sure that this is cause by this new terrible firmware.

I sent a support request with detailed description but no reply yet.

I really hate this new firmware and really want to go back to previous version as I'm perfectly happy with the old interface. Does anyone know how to roll back the firmware (e.g., to V 5.21.971)?

Thanks

OK software version = 5.23.142

So after a 10 day hiatus from home, i returned and fired up the Aurender and then downloaded new software.  So I am unsure whether the reboot or the new software changed the display on the front of unit.  So now, display appears as such:

Prior, it appeared as in second photo:

So, I guess the question is - which is it suppose to be------artist/song or album/artist/song???

IMG_4835.JPG

IMG_4763.JPG

@PrTv Sorry to hear about the trouble. You mentioned you had reached out to Aurender tech support - have you received a response yet? If not, please let me know your name and email address so I can investigate (you can send that info to me in a private message if you'd like).

The information on the top of your Aurender screen is an indication of the USB DAC connection. It will report sample rate of signal being sent to the DAC while music is playing or it will report the max sample rate supported by the DAC when music is NOT playing. The info on the bottom center reports the sample rate of the TRACK/source material that you are playing. It looks like there may be some incongruous sample rate reporting info going on in your case. We will investigate this and fix it. And we'll certainly want to look into this "screeching" thing! Has it happened again? If it happens again, try to make a note of the date and time and what track was playing. Avoid rebooting it until our support team has had a chance to connect remotely and check the logs.

21 minutes ago, Buzzer said:

So, I guess the question is - which is it suppose to be------artist/song or album/artist/song???

@Buzzeryour first picture looks correct. The second one is obviously wrong as it is displaying the file name, not the metadata. After a software update, the system has to re-scan your media library. The results of that scan are the library info/metadata that you actually browse and see on screen. Most likely, the system had not finished re-scanning so the readout on screen was not reflecting the metadata of your files. I don't expect this will happen again, but if it does, please reach out to Aurender support at [email protected]. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, AurenderAmerica said:

@PrTv Sorry to hear about the trouble. You mentioned you had reached out to Aurender tech support - have you received a response yet? If not, please let me know your name and email address so I can investigate (you can send that info to me in a private message if you'd like).

The information on the top of your Aurender screen is an indication of the USB DAC connection. It will report sample rate of signal being sent to the DAC while music is playing or it will report the max sample rate supported by the DAC when music is NOT playing. The info on the bottom center reports the sample rate of the TRACK/source material that you are playing. It looks like there may be some incongruous sample rate reporting info going on in your case. We will investigate this and fix it. And we'll certainly want to look into this "screeching" thing! Has it happened again? If it happens again, try to make a note of the date and time and what track was playing. Avoid rebooting it until our support team has had a chance to connect remotely and check the logs.

Thanks for your reply.

1. I sent an email to [email protected] and have not yet received any response. My email is [email protected]

2. I understand that i. if no music is played, the top line of information will show the max sampling rate my unit supports, and ii. if music is played, it will show the sampling rate of my music. For this issue, I checked with Aurender's local dealer and was confirmed that this issue also happened with his unit (N200 I believe) with the new FW. Again, I don't mind this display error and can live with it.

3. For the screeching issue... I don't ask for any solution and my only request is to roll back the firmware. I'm perfectly content with the latest version before this "interface update". I have been using Aurender for a long time and the unit had perfect record with 0 serious issue... until this new terrible firmware (well at least might be for me).

I will leave the unit on for tonight and whole day tomorrow... my only ask is for it to be rolled back to the last version before the interface update.

Thanks

51 minutes ago, AurenderAmerica said:

@Buzzeryour first picture looks correct. The second one is obviously wrong as it is displaying the file name, not the metadata. After a software update, the system has to re-scan your media library. The results of that scan are the library info/metadata that you actually browse and see on screen. Most likely, the system had not finished re-scanning so the readout on screen was not reflecting the metadata of your files. I don't expect this will happen again, but if it does, please reach out to Aurender support at [email protected]. Thanks!

Then maybe I didn't leave the unit on long enough for a complete scan to occur.  I will leave the unit on the rest of the day today and see what changes, if anything.  So just to confirm----The correct display should only display the artist and the song.  I forgot if the album was also displayed prior to this mix-up.  thanks.

On 7/26/2022 at 10:49 AM, edje said:

I tested a TAD D1000 (first version) DAC/cd player with my A10 streamer via the USB output of the A10.

All in all there is a definite upgrade in sound quality. There is more controll and flow with the TAD in the system. Also there is more base energy. The width of the soundstage is growing by a meter on boith sides. What is remarkable is that the A10 gives more energy in the mid frequency band, especially noticeable with acoustic guitar. If this is good or not depends on the system offcourse. In my situation the TAD is an upgrade. But considering the money (Eur 15K in 2014) I was expecting a bigger difference. The A10 has a very good dac on-board.

Of course, the TAD is an outdated model. There are better types on the market by now I think for less money. So I will investigate and try different models with the A10 to try to improve the sound quality further more.  

Does anybody has experience with the TAD dac in combination with the A10 or N100? And what can I expect more of a modern dac around Eur 5.000,- in relation to the TAD?

Anybody with an opinion about this, especially a modern 5K dac in comparison with the 8 year old 15K TAD dac?

4 hours ago, edje said:

Anybody with an opinion about this, especially a modern 5K dac in comparison with the 8 year old 15K TAD dac?

The TAD electronics are pretty rare. I’d be very surprised if many people have actually heard that DAC, let alone spent enough time with it to render an opinion. 

I had the DAC here many years ago, but wasn’t that impressed. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I have to agree short of DCS or MSB a 5+ year old DAC based on sigma delta chips will be outdated.  The tech world moves that fast.  ESS has had 2 or 3 upgrades over that time alone in chips.  Best is to try and get a friend with a newer DAC comparable in price to make a comparison.

Noushy

13 minutes ago, Noushy said:

I have to agree short of DCS or MSB a 5+ year old DAC based on sigma delta chips will be outdated.  The tech world moves that fast.  ESS has had 2 or 3 upgrades over that time alone in chips.  Best is to try and get a friend with a newer DAC comparable in price to make a comparison.

Noushy

You have to be careful here though. Two channel performance in DAC chips isn’t updated much. Most new chips are maximizing everything related to power usage, several channels, DSP, etc… Many manufacturers use older DAC chips because they were “the best” for the purposes of the specific products. 

That said, it does help to look at specifics when comparing DACs and chips. With two DACs in mind, it’s much easier. 

On 7/30/2022 at 6:18 PM, AurenderAmerica said:

I own a N100SC, and after a reboot of the player (software version = 5.23.142) and a full rescan of the albums and another reboot (the next day, at least 16 hours later) it still shows the filename in the display. 

On 7/30/2022 at 6:15 PM, AurenderAmerica said:

I own a Benchmark DAC3, which is capable of DSD. The DAC shows as a Benchmark DAC2 on the display, which is sort of correct, it is how the DAC identifies itself. But my N100SC refuses to accept that my DAC3 is DSD capable.

Also, no comments on this issue?

REPOST: Sometimes, after I have added a few albums to the library, when I start one of those albums it only plays the first song and then removes the entire album from the playlist. It remains in the library, and when I start it up again, it plays the entire album.

It happens randomly. Sometimes not for weeks, sometimes two albums in a row. I have been paying attention for any possible order or format or resolution, but nothing seems to matter, it just happens.

I always make sure that the entire album is in the playlist, so it's not a matter of accidentally only selecting the first song.

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

@Anonamemouse thanks for your questions. I want to remind you that this is not a support forum and although I do monitor it and try to help, we have far greater resources for providing support if you go through the proper support channels by emailing [email protected]

The Benchmark DAC3 actually does NOT support what is commonly referred to as "Native" DSD. Rather, it uses the industry standard DoP protocol, which is enabled on your Aurender by default. "Native" DSD output can only be enabled on your Aurender when the system detects connection to a DAC that we have tested for Native DSD input compatibility from a Linux source. I can see where the confusion stems from because the Benchmark manual uses the term "Native" DSD in an unconventional way...if you read it carefully, it says it only supports DoP and we have confirmed this with Benchmark engineering:

Also, DAC3 is based on the same chipset as DAC2. The Product ID (PID) displayed on the Aurender screen comes from the DAC, not the Aurender. So the "DAC2" indication that you are seeing there is correct, but admittedly confusing (and you are not the first one to ask this question). In this case, there's nothing we can do. 

I think the other issue you are referring to is a bug and I don't expect you will experience the same on updated software.