IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, bmichels said:

.......an upgrade from my W20 to the W20SE or... to the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme which, for same price range, is offering the ROON experience and is "supposed" to sound even better !

Hi bmichels,

I am not (yet) one of the Extreme owners but I listened to it at very good show conditions.

IMHO, the Extreme is a no-compromise product and I would go for it.

If within a limited budget I would spend less on the DAC as some found out most DACs sound good in a combo with the Extreme.

Please read the latest post (or may I say article) of @romaz here:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/...eaming/page/616/?tab=comments#comment-1014096

The 20SE was inferior to his own builds and now he ordered an Extreme.......

Merry Christmas to all, celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ

Best

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

8 hours ago, bmichels said:

Still hesitating what to ask santa claus an upgrade from my W20 to the W20SE or... to the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme which, for same price range, is offering the ROON experience and is "supposed" to sound even better !

Trust your ears. “Supposed to” isn’t the same as “does to my ears”. Get a free return option and listen in your room.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:07 PM, Vincent1234 said:

Hi Ari,

I just noticed v3.3.60 for iPad has been released 3 days ago. I guess this is the latest version you are referring to? I have installed it and tested it, but the problem is still there. Kindly let me know which options there are.

Thanks, Vincent

Hi all, Unfortunately I am experiencing the same issue. Like Ari indicated, it happens when I select “play all” for an album, artist and playlist on both Tidal and network files (Synology). My app is 3.3.60(20), Aurender 5.18.125 & iPadOS 13.3. Would it be beneficial in solving this if I also create a support request, or is this issue sufficiently analyzed? 

I would also like to inform if there has been any progress in solving this issue? I don’t see any new mentions of a software update in the works or a reply to Vincent’s question above. 

Thank you in advance! 

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, udis said:

Hi

Does conductor have the ability to sort albums by # of times played? I recently migrated from Roon and miss this functionality. 

What are all of the sort capabilities of the Conductor?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

19 hours ago, udis said:

Does conductor have the ability to sort albums by # of times played? I recently migrated from Roon and miss this functionality. 

@udis No, but I will certainly add this as a requested feature.

19 hours ago, JimK said:

A similar question.  Can you sort Tidal and Qobuz playlists alphabetically in Conductor?

@JimK Tidal - yes. Qobuz - no (their API does not support sorting by anything other than date added. They are working on expanding sorting capabilities in their API).

3 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

What are all of the sort capabilities of the Conductor?

@rwwjr44 It depends on which section of the app you are in, but basically, you can sort by album name (alpha-numeric), Artist name ("AlbumArtist" or "Artist"), or Album year ("date" or "year" in metadata).

These sorting options are kind of hidden (stay tuned for un-hiding in the next Conductor update!). For now, here's how to access them:

0?ui=2&ik=726d279106&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1656010242820830989&th=16fb548abbbe770d&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_pICOisHfEkl5xQmyOQdwsO9Ut-5JevXIho6qBgC0k76ks3PucOXM_6uOAmhCRucjBgwSNVRNkI3jqIpS3mI8_dm2YJi93_jthB1GZI26u7uz96p7xjVKUHgw&disp=emb

It works much the same when browsing your "Favorite" artists, albums, and playlists in the Tidal section of the app.

FYI, in "Artist" view you can use the same method to tell the app to display "Album Artist" metadata or track-by-track "Artist" metadata. A well organized digital music library will often have separate information in the 2 fields. For example, on, say, a Tony Bennett "Duets" album, the Album Artist would be "Tony Bennett" but the individual track-by-track artist listings may be "Tony Bennett; Norah Jones" on one track and "Tony Bennet; Andrea Bocelli" on another track...etc. etc. And yes, the "artist" field can be semi-colon delimited so "Tony Bennett" and "Norah Jones" remain discrete/independent artists instead of creating a new "Tony Bennett; Norah Jones" artist entry. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! 

51 minutes ago, JimK said:

Ari

Could you repost of the link.  I see it as a jpg image and can't access it.

@The Computer Audiophile Hmm...the pic from my last post doesn't seem to be showing up on mobile (iphone, chrome). @JimK were you viewing it on a mobile device or a desktop/laptop? Will try again here as an attachment, let me know if you're still not able to view it?

unnamed.jpg

1 minute ago, AriMargolis said:

@The Computer Audiophile Hmm...the pic from my last post doesn't seem to be showing up on mobile (iphone, chrome). @JimK were you viewing it on a mobile device or a desktop/laptop? Will try again here as an attachment, let me know if you're still not able to view it?

unnamed.jpg

Works now. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

12 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

you can sort by album name (alpha-numeric), Artist name ("AlbumArtist" or "Artist"), or Album year ("date" or "year" in metadata).

Is it possible to sort albums/artists by first or last name?

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

Hi everyone,

My main music server is Aurender N10.  Does Aurender, in general, cache the Tidal & Qobuz streams into its SSD before playing?  Or does it stream live from Tidal & Qobuz server without caching into its SSD?  I have experienced intermittent of streaming music once in a while.  My N10 is about 4 years old.

Thank you,

Tommy

(Bangkok, THAILAND)

Digital: MBP, Audirvana, Amarra Luxe, Roon, Aurender N10, Auralic Aries G2 & Vega G2, Lumin T2, Naim ND5 XS2, Naim Mu-so 2nd Generation, Resonessence Labs Mirus Pro, Weiss DAC501.

Analog: Linn LP12 with Lingo 3, Garrard 301/1, Thorens TD124, Zesto Audio Andros PS1.

Amp: Hegel H390, Hegel H590, Vitus SIA-025, Naim Uniti Nova.

Speakers: Egglestonworks Andra III, Dynaudio Contour 20, Dynaudio Special Forty.

Cables: Tchernov Reference MK II interconnect & speaker cables, Viard Audio Silver HD USB & AES/EBU

NAS: Synology DS412+

On 1/17/2020 at 4:00 PM, AriMargolis said:

@udis No, but I will certainly add this as a requested feature.

I've attempted to use the "Favorites" filter, but I am unable to favorite an entire album - only individual tracks. Is it possible to favorite an entire album? If so, how?

9 hours ago, TMY168 said:

Hi everyone,

My main music server is Aurender N10.  Does Aurender, in general, cache the Tidal & Qobuz streams into its SSD before playing?  Or does it stream live from Tidal & Qobuz server without caching into its SSD?  I have experienced intermittent of streaming music once in a while.  My N10 is about 4 years old.

Thank you,

Tommy

(Bangkok, THAILAND)

streams directly without caching as far as im aware.

1 hour ago, udis said:

I've attempted to use the "Favorites" filter, but I am unable to favorite an entire album - only individual tracks. Is it possible to favorite an entire album? If so, how?

Not as this moment, though its been requested. I just place a star against each track within the album. Sorted