IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Well after the update I only get sound from 16/44 files. The front panel indicates the correct format (DSD, 24/192, etc) and the timing shows that the HDD is “playing” the music but the is no sound. I checked my Esoteric display and it only syncs to 16/44.  The only change was the update.

I recycled both Units but no joy. I noticed that the unit is now compatible with another DAC. I hope that this is a software error and will report it to Aurender.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

1 minute ago, rwwjr44 said:

Well after the update I only get sound from 16/44 files. The front panel indicates the correct format (DSD, 24/192, etc) and the timing shows that the HDD is “playing” the music but the is no sound. I checked my Esoteric display and it only syncs to 16/44.  The only change was the update.

I recycled both Units but no joy. I noticed that the unit is now compatible with another DAC. I hope that this is a software error and will report it to Aurender.

Thanks for sharing this.  I will wait before updating as my dac is also Esoteric. 

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

On 10/26/2019 at 12:48 PM, Custodian said:

I agree that footers make a significant difference. Also damping plates on top of the Aurender can help sound  quality. I use HRS support (equipment rack plus feet) and the HRS damping plates. All make a worthwhile difference for my W20.

I use the new HRS footers sitting on a HRS TOTL base MX3R on a Reference stand. The footers really helped SQ. 

Music Sever - Taiko Extreme

DAC's - MSB Select II + Femto 33 Clock + Dual power supplies + Pro USB Module

Amp's - Raal HSA-1bMSB Reference HP Amp, MSB Select Estat Headphone Amp Woo 234 Mono's Elite, Takatsuki 300B, 274B

Headphones - Raal Requisite sr1a, MySphere 3.2, Kennerton Thror's, Stax SR-009 & 009S, Sony MRD-Z1, Abyss Phi TC, Audeze LCD-4, 24 & 4Z, Focal Utopia, HiFiMan Susvara

Cables - DHC OPUS HP, Stage III Gorgon XLR's + Xphynx USB

Power - Shunyata Triton V3 & Typhon QR + Sigma PC's Isolation - HRS SXR Ref Stand + MX3R Isolation Bases

I notice a nice SQ increase with the latest firmware on my W20. I noticed whilst it was upgrading that it also upgraded the FPGA. Anyone else noticed it?

Amp's - Raal HSA-1bMSB Reference HP Amp, MSB Select Estat Headphone Amp Woo 234 Mono's Elite, Takatsuki 300B, 274B

Headphones - Raal Requisite sr1a, MySphere 3.2, Kennerton Thror's, Stax SR-009 & 009S, Sony MRD-Z1, Abyss Phi TC, Audeze LCD-4, 24 & 4Z, Focal Utopia, HiFiMan Susvara

Power - Shunyata Triton V3 & Typhon QR + Sigma PC's Isolation - HRS SXR Ref Stand + MX3R Isolation Bases

7 hours ago, jon2020 said:

Thanks for sharing this.  I will wait before updating as my dac is also Esoteric. 

I will also wait, maybe some Lampi owners here with W20?

As for footers I use  Polish Pro Audio Bono , made of brass ones.

I have them also under La Fontaine sacd player and acrylic footers under Pacyfic and Muarah controller.

17FB6CC4-A7D3-468A-8FC0-3939F087E484.png

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

21 hours ago, isquirrel said:

I notice a nice SQ increase with the latest firmware on my W20. I noticed whilst it was upgrading that it also upgraded the FPGA. Anyone else noticed it?

After reading this about SQ, I had to update to find out despite the risk of not being able to play hires files as alluded to earlier.

Well, good news is there is a noticeable improvement in SQ and bad news is hires files become unplayable.

Have reported this to Aurender support with a nice prompt reply from Ari. 

Anyway, am enjoying 16/44 to the max as I write this.  :) 

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

1 hour ago, jon2020 said:

After reading this about SQ, I had to update to find out despite the risk of not being able to play hires files as alluded to earlier.

Well, good news is there is a noticeable improvement in SQ and bad news is hires files become unplayable.

Have reported this to Aurender support with a nice prompt reply from Ari. 

Anyway, am enjoying 16/44 to the max as I write this.  :) 

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

Good to know that the update improve SQ but I still wait for the explanation from Ari about the issues with hires playback.

Hires pcm and dsd files are essential for me.

PS Sorry for empty former post but I could not quot the post of jon2020.

I am not having any issues with playing High Res files, I have tested all the way up to 24/192 PCM and all is fine.

On another issue, I am about to upgrade my Aurender W20 to a Taiko Extreme which is a fair bit more expensive. My W20 is immaculate and available for sale. Colour is Silver. I have all the original packaging, box and manuals etc. PM me if you have any interest. 

I have another issue with my A10: sometimes when playing an album It plays the first second of the track and then starts over and over again for about 10-20 seconds. After that it will play the whole album without issues. Anyone have had this?

51 minutes ago, isquirrel said:

I am not having any issues with playing High Res files, I have tested all the way up to 24/192 PCM and all is fine.

On another issue, I am about to upgrade my Aurender W20 to a Taiko Extreme which is a fair bit more expensive. My W20 is immaculate and available for sale. Colour is Silver. I have all the original packaging, box and manuals etc. PM me if you have any interest. 

Interesting piece of equipment. How does the Taiko synchronise the time clock with the rest of the digital system? For me, being able to lock the time signal to my external BVA master clock would be an essential piece of the spec. The Taiko site seems a bit sparse with information.

6 hours ago, marslo said:

Good to know that the update improve SQ but I still wait for the explanation from Ari about the issues with hires playback.

Hires pcm and dsd files are essential for me.

PS Sorry for empty former post but I could not quot the post of jon2020.

I reported this earlier. I have an Esoteric F05 and you an N05. Seems the software developers broke something. A case study for software development course?

Like you, high res and DSD playback are important to me. I hope that this is not a case of too many products and not enough staff.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

No risk no fun:)

I upgraded my W20 to 4.18.125 SW version and  both dsd and hires pcm are played flawlessly.

Lampi Pac fed from W20 with unpowered usb  FTA Calisto here.

It seems to me after 5 min audition of well known pieces that pcm sound has really improved, need more time to be sure.

35 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I split the SGM discussion into its own topic.  

Thank you

9 hours ago, marslo said:

No risk no fun:)

I upgraded my W20 to 4.18.125 SW version and  both dsd and hires pcm are played flawlessly.

Lampi Pac fed from W20 with unpowered usb  FTA Calisto here.

It seems to me after 5 min audition of well known pieces that pcm sound has really improved, need more time to be sure.

So far, it looks like an issue only for Esoteric dac's.  :(

Trusting Aurender support to fix this quickly.  

Jon

15 hours ago, edje said:

I have another issue with my A10: sometimes when playing an album It plays the first second of the track and then starts over and over again for about 10-20 seconds. After that it will play the whole album without issues. Anyone have had this?

No such issue on my A10. 
However, I’m not able to delete albums on my library that Tidal has deleted..pretty minor issue for me but have submitted a report with no replies yet. 
Otherwise I’m pretty happy with all the recent updates, especially artist, song title display with internet radio. Really helpful...👍

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Wireworld Silver Electra PCs..IsoAcoustics Gaia I and II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

I cannot help with the tidal issue, since I not use Tidal.

But do you also have the impression that the sound quality of the A10 is improved the last updates? I cannot recall when exactly it improved, but it definitely sounds better then a couple of months ago. Better attack and decay, and space is improved big way.

I can once again play hires and DSD music. Thanks to all the Aurender folks that fixed the problem with Esoteric DACs.

1 hour ago, rwwjr44 said:

I can once again play hires and DSD music. Thanks to all the Aurender folks that fixed the problem with Esoteric DACs.

So can I. Many thanks to Ari and the support team.

Cheers! 

Jon

2 hours ago, bmichels said:

I believe I have the same issue with my W20:  I have added some QOBUZ titles to my library, and then later, I want to remove them from my library.... but they stay visible in my library.   Am I doing something wrong, or it is a bug ? 

I’m pretty sure it’s a bug. Had the same issue sometime last year and Aurender had to delete remotely. Didn’t need to delete another album till this recent one so I hadn’t noticed if it was fixed previously, but I guess it still hasn’t. It only happens with albums that tidal has deleted from their library. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Wireworld Silver Electra PCs..IsoAcoustics Gaia I and II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.