IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, jon2020 said:

Hi all,

I am curious as to whether others here may have shared my experience that high quality isolation footers significantly improve the SQ of their units, even with the lowly N100H.

I currently use Harmonix by Combak footers but hope to hear from others about their choices and what work best for them. Also, to Ari and Chris, whether they do recommend any particular make/model.

Many thanks in advance. 

Jon. 

Yes, I used Omicron Magic Dream Energy with my former N100H, the improvement was not subtle, especially in the low register, I always felt that N100H had a wooly bass character ( but in a really nice way, I kind of miss it now) the Omicrons brought more slam.

I am now using the Omicrons with x100l and, apart from looking good, I don't hear any differences.

Interestingly, I didn't find any use for the Omicrons under any other component, they always mess something up, except for Aurenders.

11 hours ago, jon2020 said:

Hi all,

I am curious as to whether others here may have shared my experience that high quality isolation footers significantly improve the SQ of their units, even with the lowly N100H.

I currently use Harmonix by Combak footers but hope to hear from others about their choices and what work best for them. Also, to Ari and Chris, whether they do recommend any particular make/model.

Many thanks in advance. 

Jon. 

I use Symposium Fat Padz and a multi-element Adona Audio shelf. Each improved the sound noticeably with the Fat Padz helping the most.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

On 10/25/2019 at 2:19 PM, JimK said:

My first post on this site.  :)  I am a new member but have been lurking for a while.  I've found the site and forums to be very helpful. 

I'm thinking of upgrading my Auralic Aries G2 to an Aurender W20.  Would I find that a meaningful upgrade?  I know both are on the C.A.S.H. list.  Thank you.

Hi Jim,

I had an Aries G2 here for demo/purchase and, incredibly, preferred my Aries w/SBooster LPSU. 

19 hours ago, Custodian said:

I agree that footers make a significant difference. Also damping plates on top of the Aurender can help sound  quality. I use HRS support (equipment rack plus feet) and the HRS damping plates. All make a worthwhile difference for my W20.

very interesting since I also owe a W20. 

- Can you please tell which version (which size) of the HRS dampling plate you use ?

- and also what HRS support you use. Is it the hrs isolation base ? which version ? 

What is the most important if you should choose only one ? the Damping plate or the support  ?

thanks in advance. 

Thanks for your interest.

i use two of the large single thickness damping plates side by side. The w20 sits on the m3x platform.

i use same arrangement under each dcs component and BVA master clock and Ayre KXR preamp.

each Halcr monoblocks sits on an m3 platform.

the effects on the w20 are additive so I don’t have any info on effect of single dampinb plate without m3 base.

hope that helps

david

On 10/26/2019 at 5:15 PM, bmichels said:

very interesting since I also owe a W20. 

- Can you please tell which version (which size) of the HRS dampling plate you use ?

- and also what HRS support you use. Is it the hrs isolation base ? which version ? 

What is the most important if you should choose only one ? the Damping plate or the support  ?

thanks in advance. 

I also have a W20 with HRS (rack, M3X2 isolation base, and DPX damping plates). I have experimented with each configuration. In my experience the isolation base is the most important followed by the damping plate.

On 10/25/2019 at 9:54 PM, jon2020 said:

Hi all,

Many thanks in advance. 

Jon. 

I find that Symposium platforms or the Rollerblocks work great on digital gear. I use a Symposium Svelte Plus under my A10 with great results. Bass is tighter and vocals more precise in their space. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

Many thanks to all for your kind replies.  

I guess it would be a good time now to shop around ......  :)

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

On 10/27/2019 at 4:52 AM, Custodian said:

Thanks for your interest.

i use two of the large single thickness damping plates side by side. The w20 sits on the m3x platform.

i use same arrangement under each dcs component and BVA master clock and Ayre KXR preamp.

each Halcr monoblocks sits on an m3 platform.

the effects on the w20 are additive so I don’t have any info on effect of single dampinb plate without m3 base.

hope that helps

david

thanks a lot for this reply. 

can you elaborate on "the effects on the w20 are additive" ? What type of change in the sound you experienced with the addition of the Base+Damplin plates ?  based on your writing can I guess the change is not subtil...

thanks in advance

On 10/26/2019 at 3:31 PM, rwwjr44 said:

I use Symposium Fat Padz and a multi-element Adona Audio shelf. Each improved the sound noticeably with the Fat Padz helping the most.

I would like to investigate those also because the Symposium Fat Padz are much cheaper than the HRS stuff.

Did you positioned the Symposium Fat Padz UNDER or ABOVE the W20 ? It seems they can be used booth way: as decoupler and as dampers !  how many Symposium Fat Padz do you use for the W20 ? 

I also read about Symposium Ultra Padz, have you considered them ?

4 hours ago, bmichels said:

I would like to investigate those also because the Symposium Fat Padz are much cheaper than the HRS stuff.

Did you positioned the Symposium Fat Padz UNDER or ABOVE the W20 ? It seems they can be used booth way: as decoupler and as dampers !  how many Symposium Fat Padz do you use for the W20 ? 

I also read about Symposium Ultra Padz, have you considered them ?

i am using three under my N10. Two up front and one centered at the rear of the unit. I didn’t consider the ultra padz due to cost.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

15 hours ago, Vincent1234 said:

Absolutely recommended: Cardas myrtle wood blocks, 3 under each device. They work wonders AND are pretty cheap. I have them below preamp, amp, DAC, clock and W20. Also work great with speaker cables. There's hardly any application where they do not work well. Just try them!

Thanks.  Adding this to my wish list.  

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Although I have moved on from multiple Aurenders , Stillpoints   ultra minis worked the best in my system. 

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

On 10/30/2019 at 9:52 AM, russellbobby said:

Although I have moved on from multiple Aurenders , Stillpoints   ultra minis worked the best in my system. 

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Jon

• Release History

V 3.3.56 released on Nov 1st 2019

• Fixed sometimes cannot scroll albums in album cover view

V 3.3.55 released on October 31st 2019

• Supports Spotify through Spotify Connect

• Fixed app doesn't start after "Rsset settings of the App"

• Fixed "Add to end" doesn't work for Track/Artist radio

• Other minor bug fixes

Also Aurender System Software goes to 4.18.125. Visit Aurender's site for details.