IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

On 8/1/2019 at 10:04 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I agree. There is a larger market for this than most people think. In addition,  many people talk about Roon versus Aurender, but they are completely different animals in so many ways. I use both, as well as just about every other platform available.

I'm currently using a W20 connected to a dCS Rossini (that's sending external word clock back to the W20 and running dual AES) as my reference. 

No, but I did notice today it played a 192 file and both AES lights on the Debussy lit up.  I couldn’t duplicate it by laying the file a second time.  I reset the Debussy to factory default.  Still no go.

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

On 7/30/2019 at 1:12 AM, AriMargolis said:

Thank you. This is an issue that we are aware of and have fixed for the next update. It has to do with a slight change in the field mapping of Qobuz metadata, which as Chris mentioned, has to do with the source of the content. 

Hello @AriMargolis,

On my N100C streaming from Qobuz with the latest software the display still don’t show the track titles. Is this bug not solved yet? 

Best regards, Emile

source Aurender N100c dac Lampizator Amber 3 Balanced amp McIntosh MA7900 loudspeakers Sonus Faber Nova II loudspeaker cable NBS Monitor III interlink NBS Monitor IV XLR powercords NBS Monitor IV, NBS Active III usb cable Audioquest Carbon

On 10/20/2019 at 1:58 PM, Emile said:

On my N100C streaming from Qobuz with the latest software the display still don’t show the track titles. Is this bug not solved yet? 

@Emile this bug is solved internally and the fix will be included in the next SYSTEM software update, not to be confused with the Conductor app update. Stay tuned for a system software update coming soon. Thank you!

Differences between N10 vs N100H ? 
.. I know this topic has been discussed previously, but I couldn’t find too much information while trying to search through older threads. 
I currently have a N100H and I’ve discovered a preowned N10 for sale. 
Trying to decide if I would find a large enough increase in sound quality/ features, etc to justify the upgrade expense? 
Also, with all the newer models out including the ACS10 and / or A10, would it make more sense to upgrade/ invest in one of them vs. the N10 which has been out for a while now and this preowned unit is probably 3-4 years old and in use that entire time. 
thoughts??? 

Re: Difference between N10 and N100

I had an N100, and asked my dealer to try an N10 in my system.  He brought it out, and it only took about one minute of listening to both to hear the difference.  it wasn’t subtle at all.  The N100 is excellent, but the N10 is clearly in a different league in just about every aspect (as it should be given the price difference).  I listened for a few hours more, but I bought it.

I  had previously tried the A10 in my system.  The N100 and my DAC (Levinson 585) vs the A10 was a very close contest, and in this case I decided to try the N10 next.  

Haven't head the ACS-10, so no comment there.  Hope this helps.

8 minutes ago, mmeeks said:

Re: Difference between N10 and N100

I had an N100, and asked my dealer to try an N10 in my system.  He brought it out, and it only took about one minute of listening to both to hear the difference.  it wasn’t subtle at all.  The N100 is excellent, but the N10 is clearly in a different league in just about every aspect (as it should be given the price difference).  I listened for a few hours more, but I bought it.

I  had previously tried the A10 in my system.  The N100 and my DAC (Levinson 585) vs the A10 was a very close contest, and in this case I decided to try the N10 next.  

Haven't head the ACS-10, so no comment there.  Hope this helps.

Very helpful indeed! Thanks! 
Seems like based upon your experiences, upgrading to an N10 would make a big difference in my system. 

5 hours ago, agladstone said:

Differences between N10 vs N100H ? 
.. I know this topic has been discussed previously, but I couldn’t find too much information while trying to search through older threads. 
I currently have a N100H and I’ve discovered a preowned N10 for sale. 
Trying to decide if I would find a large enough increase in sound quality/ features, etc to justify the upgrade expense? 
Also, with all the newer models out including the ACS10 and / or A10, would it make more sense to upgrade/ invest in one of them vs. the N10 which has been out for a while now and this preowned unit is probably 3-4 years old and in use that entire time. 
thoughts??? 

Also my experience. Went from an X100L to an N10; very big step in SQ! And afterwards I was lucky to be able to buy an almost new W20 for a good price. Also a very big step forward. I can truly say that every Aurender is priced according to its performance. 

9 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

Also my experience. Went from an X100L to an N10; very big step in SQ! And afterwards I was lucky to be able to buy an almost new W20 for a good price. Also a very big step forward. I can truly say that every Aurender is priced according to its performance. 

Priced according to its performance: right, but OVERPRICED according to its performance!

I just installed a USBridge Signature along with a Shanti LSP from Allo and the combo beats the Aurender N100H hands down! 500 Euros versus 3000 Euros for the smallest music server! And then you go up to, how much, 8000 Euros, to get a noticeable increase in SQ? Aurender is just plain overpriced!

For 500 Euros I get a for more resolving system than my Aurender N100H that is also flexible inasmuch as it can be tuned with the player of your choice. Aurender should think about the competition!

13 minutes ago, biosailor said:

Priced according to its performance: right, but OVERPRICED according to its performance!

I just installed a USBridge Signature along with a Shanti LSP from Allo and the combo beats the Aurender N100H hands down! 500 Euros versus 3000 Euros for the smallest music server! And then you go up to, how much, 8000 Euros, to get a noticeable increase in SQ? Aurender is just plain overpriced!

For 500 Euros I get a for more resolving system than my Aurender N100H that is also flexible inasmuch as it can be tuned with the player of your choice. Aurender should think about the competition!

I can well imagine that building your own solution will end up cheaper and could also be better sounding than a turn-key solution such an Aurender. But those two cannot really be compared. Aurenders are meant for people who don't want to be involved in too much 'computer stuff' and tuning things themselves. Also the aluminium casing accounts for a large part of the overall costs. You will not be able to get such a great-looking casing for a DIY project. Different horses for different courses. 😉

34 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

I can well imagine that building your own solution will end up cheaper and could also be better sounding than a turn-key solution such an Aurender. But those two cannot really be compared. Aurenders are meant for people who don't want to be involved in too much 'computer stuff' and tuning things themselves. Also the aluminium casing accounts for a large part of the overall costs. You will not be able to get such a great-looking casing for a DIY project. Different horses for different courses. 😉

For sure, it took me a while to get into the lingo of 'flashing a micro SD card' etc. But that's half of the fun, isn't it? And heavy aluminium cases: what's the use of driving a Rolls-Royce when in times of CO2 emissions smaller and more efficient cars are needed? But you are certainly right: different horses for different courses!

3 hours ago, Vincent1234 said:

Also my experience. Went from an X100L to an N10; very big step in SQ!  I can truly say that every Aurender is priced according to its performance. 

...went successfully through same upgrade process as well. It's really worth every $/€ and highly recommended.  

mabe

6 hours ago, biosailor said:

Hardly ever a good word about Aurender from you. 😁 I guess a little bit of salt is needed to get the recipe right. 

Honestly, your solution may sound better to you BUT for many people it is just too much of a hassle. Mixing/matching components, wires, power cords, etc. can often lead to inferior sound (even when you know what you are doing). I've tried many different devices and combinations trying to get great sound from my digital files; for my money the Aurender N10 (and a few other costly devices) is well worth the expense.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

14 minutes ago, rwwjr44 said:

Hardly ever a good word about Aurender from you. 😁 I guess a little bit of salt is needed to get the recipe right. 

Honestly, your solution may sound better to you BUT for many people it is just too much of a hassle. Mixing/matching components, wires, power cords, etc. can often lead to inferior sound (even when you know what you are doing). I've tried many different devices and combinations trying to get great sound from my digital files; for my money the Aurender N10 (and a few other costly devices) is well worth the expense.

I am sorry, I didn't want to sound rude! As a matter of fact, I had the N100H for more than two years, and I did enjoy it, honestly.

However, there's a lot of development going on. And it's hard to close one's eyes not to be tempted to try those out. And accidentally, I hit the sweet spot with my current setup. I was surprised that it worked out for much less money.

But of course, everyone needs to be satisfied with his/her setup. Aurender is a very good path. BUT, I stick to my opinion that Aurender is plain expensive. 

So do enjoy your N10s/A30s/A10s, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone!

Br, Paul

15 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

@Emile this bug is solved internally and the fix will be included in the next SYSTEM software update, not to be confused with the Conductor app update. Stay tuned for a system software update coming soon. Thank you!

@AriMargolis   Thank you for the quick reply 👍🏻

source Aurender N100c dac Lampizator Amber 3 Balanced amp McIntosh MA7900 loudspeakers Sonus Faber Nova II loudspeaker cable NBS Monitor III interlink NBS Monitor IV XLR powercords NBS Monitor IV, NBS Active III usb cable Audioquest Carbon

Thanks for everyone’s thoughts, and prior upgrade experiences so far, it’s helpful! 
In regards to the expense of the Aurrender units, I always try and tell myself that these units are a combination of a very high quality and very well built and configured custom computer combined with a high quality well built stereo component/ source. 
For example a top of the line iMac AND a top of the line CD player, those two items would cost at least $4,000 to $5,000 US each one, then throw in the custom software with free updates for the life of the unit and free support and the cost of time saved by not having to figure out how to do it all yourself like an Allo Digital or HQPLAYER or CAPS, etc with no need to pay for a Roon subscription and separate Linear Power Supplies, etc. 
When you add up all of the costs and all of the time , the Aurrender products start to have more value with a proven and almost guaranteed result of great sound quality and ease of use. 

17 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Thanks for everyone’s thoughts, and prior upgrade experiences so far, it’s helpful! 
In regards to the expense of the Aurrender units, I always try and tell myself that these units are a combination of a very high quality and very well built and configured custom computer combined with a high quality well built stereo component/ source. 
For example a top of the line iMac AND a top of the line CD player, those two items would cost at least $4,000 to $5,000 US each one, then throw in the custom software with free updates for the life of the unit and free support and the cost of time saved by not having to figure out how to do it all yourself like an Allo Digital or HQPLAYER or CAPS, etc with no need to pay for a Roon subscription and separate Linear Power Supplies, etc. 
When you add up all of the costs and all of the time , the Aurrender products start to have more value with a proven and almost guaranteed result of great sound quality and ease of use. 

Before I purchased the N100, I went the route of using a MacBook Pro, trying various software (Roon, Jriver, Audirvana) and a reclocker with a good power supply and cables (Ifi micro iUSB3.0 and various cables).  The combination of the software and reclocker was a major improvement over just using the MacBook Pro.  But it was frustrating that each piece of software sounded different than the others, and none were clearly better than the others.  Same with the cables.  The combinations were endless.  I am a software developer by trade, and dealing with the software and hardware issues involved with this was not what I was looking for.  I did enough of that at work.  So I asked my dealer to try the N100 in my system.  I was just looking for something that was in the same league as my current setup, maybe a little better, without all the tweaking.  The real surprise was the the N100 was significantly better than my setup.  No just a little, but a lot.  So I bought it.  About a year later I upgraded to the N10.  No regrets here.  However, for those with more patience than me, a custom PC or Mac rig with the right additional hardware might save you some money - but it definitely won't save you any time.

1 hour ago, mmeeks said:

Before I purchased the N100, I went the route of using a MacBook Pro, trying various software (Roon, Jriver, Audirvana) and a reclocker with a good power supply and cables (Ifi micro iUSB3.0 and various cables).  The combination of the software and reclocker was a major improvement over just using the MacBook Pro.  But it was frustrating that each piece of software sounded different than the others, and none were clearly better than the others.  Same with the cables.  The combinations were endless.  I am a software developer by trade, and dealing with the software and hardware issues involved with this was not what I was looking for.  I did enough of that at work.  So I asked my dealer to try the N100 in my system.  I was just looking for something that was in the same league as my current setup, maybe a little better, without all the tweaking.  The real surprise was the the N100 was significantly better than my setup.  No just a little, but a lot.  So I bought it.  About a year later I upgraded to the N10.  No regrets here.  However, for those with more patience than me, a custom PC or Mac rig with the right additional hardware might save you some money - but it definitely won't save you any time.

N10 was a major step for me from a Win10 computer.  W20 was a major step from the N10, which I was not expecting.  (Have not heard the W20SE.)  Currently using Black Cat Dig-75 II BNC cables through an Chord M-Scaler to a DAC. 

Amazing how far digital has come in such a sort time.

Frank

2 hours ago, agladstone said:

True to a certain extent. I bet every Aurender customer has his/her own computer on top of an Aurender player, so the money for a computer will be spent just as well!

Ease of use for certain!

Qobuz/Tidal can be included in Aurender, and my guess is (at least when following the user group) many subscribe to even both of them. Roon, yes is not the cheapest player, agreed.

Don‘t misunderstand me: Aurender is a fine player, no doubt. But there are alternatives that are not as pricey.

2 hours ago, mmeeks said:

So perhaps it's just a problem of my N100. Compared to the setup Mac Mini 2018/Roon/USBridge Signature running RoPieee/Shanti LPS the N100H just sounds muddled, less detailed and harsher. Maybe I should send it back as I still have a guarantee on my N100? But it's hard to prove as everything works as it should. Or maybe it just doesn't go along well with my Devialet?

The good thing is that everyone finds a system to his/her taste. So we're all in business 😀!

8 hours ago, wjt3 said:

Hi all--- anyone here compare the acs10 vs the n10 or even the W20?? I have the acs10 and love it but just thinking?!?!? thanks

I haven't listened to the ACS10 myself, but considering its functionality and price point I think it's safe to assume that its SQ is closer to the N10. I had the N10 and was pretty much shocked about how much better the W20 is. It's very expensive, yes, but it's also way better. With Aurender you will get what you pay for. 😉

On 8/2/2019 at 9:47 AM, Doak said:

My first post on this site.  :)  I am a new member but have been lurking for a while.  I've found the site and forums to be very helpful. 

I'm thinking of upgrading my Auralic Aries G2 to an Aurender W20.  Would I find that a meaningful upgrade?  I know both are on the C.A.S.H. list.  Thank you.

43 minutes ago, JimK said:

thinking of upgrading my Auralic Aries G2 to an Aurender W20.  Would I find that a meaningful upgrade?

I went from 1st gen Auralic Aries to W20: I know the G2 is an improvement over 1st gen, but the Aries was absolutely no competition to the W20.  You need to try it! 

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

Hi all,

I am curious as to whether others here may have shared my experience that high quality isolation footers significantly improve the SQ of their units, even with the lowly N100H.

I currently use Harmonix by Combak footers but hope to hear from others about their choices and what work best for them. Also, to Ari and Chris, whether they do recommend any particular make/model.

Many thanks in advance. 

Jon. 

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None