IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Has anyone installed drivers for Berkeley Alpha USB on 2012R2 with AO? I'm getting an incompatibility error when installing the driver provided Berkeley. I spoke to Berkeley who has had other customers experience the same problem; they indicated that the source of the problem is AO (and that others have found workarounds.)

I personal have had best results installing drivers with AO set back to default and then in GUI mode. After installation and working I then go to core and AO. I do not have the same DAC, but the Xmos driver installations should be similar.

FYI - TP3 of Server 2016 came with this NanoServer image, is that even slimmer than Server Core mode?

Xd6LnS0.png

y82sVVC.png

Please read this posting: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/whos-used-audiophile-optimizer-windows-2012-server-or-windows-8-a-17897/index70.html#post427366

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi Folks

We are more than proud to announce the latest review about the AudiophileOptimizer on SoundStage! Ultra (soundstageultra.com & ultraaudio.com)

The complete review can be found here: SoundStage! Ultra | SoundStageUltra.com (UltraAudio.com) | Highend-AudioPC AudiophileOptimizer Computer Audio Software

Enjoy,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Bits are Bits and I don't understand why every AO user or tester gives reviews like this... Interesting... :)

If you've been reading the posts/reviews/blogs and articles here on ComputerAudiophile you might recognize that many of us believe that the digital signal path is full of potential sources of electrical noise, mechanical noise, timing errors, dropouts, etc that affect the processing of said bits. It is especially the case when general use operating systems are used in powerful cpus (for many reasons those options are chosen). Great products like AO help tremendously to de-clutter the OS and surrounding processes, and to re-prioritize or remove extraneous processing that might be a source of the above mentioned nasties. Yes, bits are indeed bits (assuming you don't resample, DSP or convert) but it's wayyyy more complex than that simplistic view. Otherwise, why have any of this, just buy a $100 DAC (bit processor) and be done! :) Wouldn't that be nice.

If you've been reading the posts/reviews/blogs and articles here on ComputerAudiophile you might recognize that many of us believe that the digital signal path is full of potential sources of electrical noise, mechanical noise, timing errors, dropouts, etc that affect the processing of said bits. It is especially the case when general use operating systems are used in powerful cpus (for many reasons those options are chosen). Great products like AO help tremendously to de-clutter the OS and surrounding processes, and to re-prioritize or remove extraneous processing that might be a source of the above mentioned nasties. Yes, bits are indeed bits (assuming you don't resample, DSP or convert) but it's wayyyy more complex than that simplistic view. Otherwise, why have any of this, just buy a $100 DAC (bit processor) and be done! :) Wouldn't that be nice.

I'm just doing irony. :)

I have a decent dac and using AO with w2012 r2... Music is way better than my past system trials... (osx with various softwares)

I'm searching for some situations these days like using spotify on a minimal server mode as shell with a player and while I'm googling, I can see a alot people saying "Bits are Bits" kind of things. There should be two reasons for this, one is, they don't try anything and just write it, second, they are nearly deaf...

Sorry for misunderstood... :)

Generally, Xmos driver should be easy to install in 2012. best is do it in GUI but I have no problem install it in core mode. If you have AO apply, just do a reset (to restore services) and uninstall old driver and install new one. I just did that in core mode for my Vega driver update and install perfectly.

To me xmos driver is the most lean and most efficient to date (in my limited experience). That you can disable everything in AO asked, and still works.

Glad another mac user find out windows server is way to go. Reason is simple, it due to AO :)

Those who use single box and need update song to your server (local HDD) could try robocopy (command prompt only). I use a 2 TB portable HDD to syn between my rip PC and 2012 server.

Speaker system:
RPI4B + Gentooplayer CLTO kernal + LMS (upnp plug-in) -> RPI5B + UPNP + Diretta host -> RPI5B + Gentooplayer CLTO kernal + Diretta Target -> Tubulus Concentus USB Cable -> Holo Red DDC -> Tubulus Concentus i2s Cable V2 -> Holo May KTE I2S -> DIY silver wire balance -> Holo Bliss KTE -> Ansuz Diamond balance -> BAT Rex 500 -> ASI Ref speaker cable -> ASI Tango
HP:
HD600 moded, HE1000v1, airpod pro2, Sony WH-10000XM5

..and some News on the Server side as well. screenshots of Tech Preview 3 leaked, ISO is floating around as well...

338061_original.jpg

Source: Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 3 ISO leaks online

Hi audio friends,

I get problems running this configuration:

Squeezelite on Single Audio PC / WS 2012 R2 / AO Core / Jplay6.2 / NAD C510 /

Music from NAS running LMS 7.9

I created a batch file to autostart squeezelite as win service:

C:\User\...\Downloads\Squeezelite\squeezelite-win.exe -o 0 -n Squeezelite -s 192.xxx.xxx.xxx

I installed the squeezelite service by NSSM service editor by pointing the path of my created batch file:

C:\Users\...\Downloads\Squeezelite\Squeezelite.bat

All works fine in AO GUI and minimal server mode. When running AO in core mode the service will be not startet. I can start squeezelite manually by commad: "squeezelite-win.exe -o 0

I also tested this by use instead of Jplay with the default drivers of my DAC. Here no issue, the service for squeezelite starts by the batch file in AO core mode.

Output devices:

0 - JPLAY Driver (ASIO)

1 - NAD USB Audio ASIO Driver (ASIO)

3 - Speakers (NAD Audio 2.o Output) (Windows WDM-KS)

As already mentioned, all is fine in GUI and minimal server mode of AO. No issue with the default DAC driver for my NAD C510.

Any idea what in my case (autostart squeezelite service by batch file) could cause the problem with squeezelite - AO core mode - Jplay ASIO.

I have a dream... getting support on a wonderful solution in AO´s shell replacement in the future!? :-)

Squeezelite running on a optmized Audio PC delivers nice sound into my ears and finaly there is a great usabiltiy related to multiroom synchronization with other squeezebox players getting easy controlled.

Looking forward for any suggestions.

...and another little mention about AO here: Hot Contenders at the 2015 CAS | Stereophile.com

"Also in the system: Zellman/Marutani PC Windows-based server 2012 with Audiophile Optimizer on JRiver, and homemade Marutani interconnects and speaker wire that consist of Furutech plugs, store-bought wire, and Teflon tape shielding. In the groove: Everyone listening."

Our good friend Tim Marutani's Zellman server took a significant leap forward with the installation of The Window Server 2102/Audiophile Optimizer software upgrade. Another example of the wonderful impact and value of Phil's AO software.

I have been running AO1.40/Fidelizer Pro/IBSQ/Jplay on a single Windows Server 2012 PC with great results.

However, yesterday I experimented – out of curiosity – with the following setup:

- MinimServer or JRMC (TBD) as server on my iMac (obviously a second computer)

- Kazoo as controller from this same iMac and/or my iPad

- JPlayStreamer on my 'single' Server 2012 PC

The results are promising and perhaps even compete with the previous setup.

I was somehow surprised that this works just like that, as when setting up AO I said 'no' to the JPlay streamer option. Would it now be advisable to re-set AO with this option as 'yes'?

And what should I call this setup? It is no longer a single PC.

But re-installing JPlay with the 'optimize for single PC' option unchecked, I guess, would not be a good idea? As it is not a full-fledged dual PC in the JPlay sense?

audio system

I have been running AO1.40/Fidelizer Pro/IBSQ/Jplay on a single Windows Server 2012 PC with great results.

However, yesterday I experimented – out of curiosity – with the following setup:

- MinimServer or JRMC (TBD) as server on my iMac (obviously a second computer)

- Kazoo as controller from this same iMac and/or my iPad

- JPlayStreamer on my 'single' Server 2012 PC

The results are promising and perhaps even compete with the previous setup.

I was somehow surprised that this works just like that, as when setting up AO I said 'no' to the JPlay streamer option. Would it now be advisable to re-set AO with this option as 'yes'?

And what should I call this setup? It is no longer a single PC.

But re-installing JPlay with the 'optimize for single PC' option unchecked, I guess, would not be a good idea? As it is not a full-fledged dual PC in the JPlay sense?

I think you're mixing JPLAYStreamer with StreamerMode (dualPC setup) - these are completely different features.

Yes, JPLAYStreamer is enabled by default on Windows 8 or later- you just need to set media server (with transcoding) and choose control point app you like (can be on any device in your network).

You are still using singlePC configuration with JPLAYStreamer: media server on a different PC doesn't mean you're using JPLAY in dualPC mode :)

Cheers,

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

Thanks Marcin, clear!

I will compare both setups, and then see what is best to my ears: (1) wonderful IBSQ locally on audio PC, heavily taxing the CPU or (2) Minimserver or JRMC on 2nd PC to JPlaystreamer on audio PC, controlled with Kazoo or Kinsky, which needs a lot less CPU...

The results with Minimserver vs JRMC are pretty close, which I also would expect as they are just distant DLNA servers, with no CPU load on the audio PC, correct?

Apart from the sound, I do like it that with server and renderer separated, I no longer have to transcode offline, but can let the server do this on-the-fly without taxing the audio PC CPU...

But any other views on this are of course welcome...

audio system

Thanks Marcin, clear!

I will compare both setups, and then see what is best to my ears: (1) wonderful IBSQ locally on audio PC, heavily taxing the CPU or (2) Minimserver or JRMC on 2nd PC to JPlaystreamer on audio PC, controlled with Kazoo or Kinsky, which needs a lot less CPU...

The results with Minimserver vs JRMC are pretty close, which I also would expect as they are just distant DLNA servers, with no CPU load on the audio PC, correct?

Apart from the sound, I do like it that with server and renderer separated, I no longer have to transcode offline, but can let the server do this on-the-fly without taxing the audio PC CPU...

But any other views on this are of course welcome...

Correct, although I've found in my system that minimserver loaded directly on controlpc (dualpc setup) or audiopc (in singlepc setup) sounds best :)

Cheers,

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

I think you're mixing JPLAYStreamer with StreamerMode (dualPC setup) - these are completely different features.

Yes, JPLAYStreamer is enabled by default on Windows 8 or later- you just need to set media server (with transcoding) and choose control point app you like (can be on any device in your network).

You are still using singlePC configuration with JPLAYStreamer: media server on a different PC doesn't mean you're using JPLAY in dualPC mode :)

hi Marcin, although your above explanation is totally clear, just one more question:

When configuring Audiophile Optimizer for my single PC setup with MinimServer via JPLAYStreamer, what do you recommend: activate or de-activate the JPLAY Streamer Service in AO?

(In other words, not sure if the AO wording is shorthand for StreamerMode (dualPC setup), or refers to the JPLAYStreamer service...)

P S MinimServer locally on single PC indeed sounds better, thanks for suggesting!

audio system

hi Marcin, although your above explanation is totally clear, just one more question:

When configuring Audiophile Optimizer for my single PC setup with MinimServer via JPLAYStreamer, what do you recommend: activate or de-activate the JPLAY Streamer Service in AO?

(In other words, not sure if the AO wording is shorthand for StreamerMode (dualPC setup), or refers to the JPLAYStreamer service...)

P S MinimServer locally on single PC indeed sounds better, thanks for suggesting!

I think AO uses old nomenclature: StreamerMode instead of dualPC setup. We changed the name to dualPC setup as we thought it might confuse users.

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

I think AO uses old nomenclature: StreamerMode instead of dualPC setup. We changed the name to dualPC setup as we thought it might confuse users.

Ok, thanks, I thought so much.

I re-applied Audiophile Optimizer with JPLAY Streamer Service disabled and drivers and services disabled.

But then, after a reboot JPLAYStreamer was no longer running as a background process.

Then I re-installed JPLAY and JPLAYStreamer was back again.

OK with me, but a little funny?

audio system

Do not disable service in AO. By reinstalling you set the service to run again.

Thanks, done, and it worked.

And it makes sense also, because the answer to the next AO question (Audio, Control or Single PC) already implies whether Dual PC Mode (aka Streamer Mode) is required. So the JPLAYStreamer question must be unrelated to Dual PC Mode, I guess.

audio system

Ok, thanks, I thought so much.

I re-applied Audiophile Optimizer with JPLAY Streamer Service disabled and drivers and services disabled.

But then, after a reboot JPLAYStreamer was no longer running as a background process.

Then I re-installed JPLAY and JPLAYStreamer was back again.

OK with me, but a little funny?

It's working like it was designed to work then.