IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Server 2016 GUI or Desktop experience turns out to be a big big upgrade from W10, I didnt expect this since W10 is so well regarded around here but with just fidelizer W10 pales in comparison... and the digital-ness that seemed to get worse in W10 from W7 has dropped to practically zero....  music has more density, smoothness, crispness, openess. AO still needs to be added to the mix. 

I was hoping with GUI it could be used as basic PC for browsing but driver support is proving to be an issue. Luckily no issues on the audio side, but unable to find a LAN driver for my MoBo and there doesnt seem to be any ethernet or WiFi cards that support S2016... might have to buy a new MoBo

2 hours ago, numlog said:

I was hoping with GUI it could be used as basic PC for browsing but driver support is proving to be an issue. Luckily no issues on the audio side, but unable to find a LAN driver for my MoBo and there doesnt seem to be any ethernet or WiFi cards that support S2016... might have to buy a new MoBo

I ran into the same issue with my mobo ethernet but was able to manually install the INF file.  Maybe give that a shot?  Another option instead of a new mobo is to use a USB to Ethernet or USB to Wifi adapter.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

24 minutes ago, tboooe said:

I ran into the same issue with my mobo ethernet but was able to manually install the INF file.  Maybe give that a shot?  Another option instead of a new mobo is to use a USB to Ethernet or USB to Wifi adapter.

Glad to hear you got it working.

2 hours ago, numlog said:

Server 2016 GUI or Desktop experience turns out to be a big big upgrade from W10, I didnt expect this since W10 is so well regarded around here but with just fidelizer W10 pales in comparison... and the digital-ness that seemed to get worse in W10 from W7 has dropped to practically zero....  music has more density, smoothness, crispness, openess. AO still needs to be added to the mix. 

I have an ASUS Z-170AR mobo and the NIC is not supported by W2016 when I chnaged over to W2016 from W2012. After some searches, I found and this card: Intel enternet l210-T1 GbE NIC. It's inexpensive and you get internet access the first time you boot after installation. 

Hope it helps.

Mouse over image to zoom
Have one to sell? Sell it yourself

PowerConditioning: PS Audio UPC-200; Hdplex 300W

Server: Windows 2019-CORE+AO3+Jriver24/HQPlayer 

Source: Mytek Brooklyn Amp: Audio-GD C501, AVA Set 120

Speakers: Spendor SP2, Tannoy Saturn S10

Desktop: W10+Topping D90+Stax  SRS3100

11 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

Glad to hear you got it working.

LOL!  I wish. I never got it working on the NUC, gave up, and returned it to Amazon.  I was able to manually install the network driver for my Server PC though.  The good news is the current NUC version supports Server so I will be picking one up soon and trying that out as my NAA PC.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

The issue with manually installing driver is that the driver must be signed. If not, you can install it by F8 (temporarily disable the signature enforcement). But you have to F8 every time you boot, else the driver wont get loaded.  

PowerConditioning: PS Audio UPC-200; Hdplex 300W

Server: Windows 2019-CORE+AO3+Jriver24/HQPlayer 

Source: Mytek Brooklyn Amp: Audio-GD C501, AVA Set 120

Speakers: Spendor SP2, Tannoy Saturn S10

Desktop: W10+Topping D90+Stax  SRS3100

thanks for the advice guys, I tried manually installing the driver files from ASUS with no luck. Then got the W10 driver installer from intel for this particular ethernet controller and it didnt seem to care about the OS but instead gave the error 'Cannot Install Drivers. No Intel(R) adapters are present in this computer." which is just wrong, turns out many people have this issue.

I wanted to try manually installing the files in the .exe but wasnt sure how to extract them, luckily someone made a guide and provided the driver files aswell: 

https://www.nexthardware.com/forum/pc-top-software/85417-windows-server-2012r2-9.html#post929149

was intended for server 2012 but also works with 2016 luckily.

It involved disabling signature enforcement but the driver did not need to be reinstalled after rebooting so its working perfectly now!

On 7/27/2018 at 12:14 AM, mtan002 said:

The issue with manually installing driver is that the driver must be signed. If not, you can install it by F8 (temporarily disable the signature enforcement). But you have to F8 every time you boot, else the driver wont get loaded.  

Or you simply use the DriverHelper feature of ServiceTool which takes care of driver signing, compatibility mode and few other tricks to help install drivers! :)

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Anybody load Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows 10 on a QNAP TS-251+ NAS drive and then load the AudiophileOptimizer on their NAS drive?  I am using the QNAP TS-251+ NAS drive into an Ayon Audio S-5 Network Player through an Ethernet cable.  If so, was it a significant improvement?

Reviewer

On 7/26/2018 at 4:41 PM, tboooe said:

LOL!  I wish. I never got it working on the NUC, gave up, and returned it to Amazon.  I was able to manually install the network driver for my Server PC though.  The good news is the current NUC version supports Server so I will be picking one up soon and trying that out as my NAA PC.

I found this for anyone looking to install Intel drivers in Core 2016.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005778/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Folks

We had a few inquiries about this so i thought i let everyone know who is subcribed to this thread. One question we had a lot of times was regarding AO 2.20's compatibility in regard of the new Windows 10 1809 upgrade. We have thourougly tested AO 2.20 on Windows 10 1890 and everything works absolutely flawless. There are no issues to be expected because of the 1809 upgrade, so for those on Windows 10 please feel free and go ahead with the upgrade.

There are also many questions about Windows Server 2019 and some even heard about a coming AO 3.00. Well yes this is true, AO 3.00 is in the works since quite a while and it performs wonderfully on Server 2019 both GUI and Core. The general release of AO is projected somewhere in Q2 2019, but the public beta phase is very likely to start in the beginning of 2019. We are working on a solution to make the AO 3.00 Beta available for all current AO 2.20 users after a phase 0 testing with a selected group of very good beta testers.

Enjoy it,

AudioPhil

Hi Phil, that's great. Nice to hear about that. Those who are able to test the AO 3.00 Beta will be the lucky guys. Look forward to hearing the comments soon. Cheers.

Yes indeed good news :) There ar allready 21 iterations of AO 3.00, so far all is working great on all known platforms as well as on Server 2019. But WASAPI seems to be very tricky once more...

So to everyone out there... Now is a great time to let us know about your wishes for AO 3.00!

What would be the most wanted feature you'd like to see in AO 3.00? Please let me know!

____________________________________________________________________________________

14 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Yes indeed good news :) There ar allready 21 iterations of AO 3.00, so far all is working great on all known platforms as well as on Server 2019. But WASAPI seems to be very tricky once more...

So to everyone out there... Now is a great time to let us know about your wishes for AO 3.00!

What would be the most wanted feature you'd like to see in AO 3.00? Please let me know!

I want see …….Dullmeter!!!! I like win 10 with fresh install.but after couple of hour or day, lost airy and microdetails. AO can solve this problem 100% ever,or better sometimes make reinstall Os ??? Thanks Phil!!!

17 hours ago, mormogi said:

I want see …….Dullmeter!!!! I like win 10 with fresh install.but after couple of hour or day, lost airy and microdetails. AO can solve this problem 100% ever,or better sometimes make reinstall Os ??? Thanks Phil!!!

AO will make this better, but it's not only AO, it's also the way you install the OS and what additional programs you install over time. Best is to have a dedicated partition where you install a separate OS and use that partition strictly for audio. On the other partition you install and do anything else you could need that machine for. The process for this is also described in our PDF manual, you can find it here: https://pdf.highend-audiopc.com/audiophile-optimizer-setup-guide.pdf

• 3 years later...
On 5/22/2018 at 3:10 PM, AudioPhil said:

Still possible that this is happening because of a dependent other service which might has been disabled.

I suggest both of you try the Microsoft Fix Tool for this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929852/guidance-for-configuring-ipv6-in-windows-for-advanced-users, choose "Re-enable IPv6 on all nontunnel interfaces".

Please report back.

Thank you @AudioPhil

It's help me alot.