Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Gillespie

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Server 2016 GUI or Desktop experience turns out to be a big big upgrade from W10, I didnt expect this since W10 is so well regarded around here but with just fidelizer W10 pales in comparison... and the digital-ness that seemed to get worse in W10 from W7 has dropped to practically zero....  music has more density, smoothness, crispness, openess. AO still needs to be added to the mix. 

 

I was hoping with GUI it could be used as basic PC for browsing but driver support is proving to be an issue. Luckily no issues on the audio side, but unable to find a LAN driver for my MoBo and there doesnt seem to be any ethernet or WiFi cards that support S2016... might have to buy a new MoBo


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, numlog said:

I was hoping with GUI it could be used as basic PC for browsing but driver support is proving to be an issue. Luckily no issues on the audio side, but unable to find a LAN driver for my MoBo and there doesnt seem to be any ethernet or WiFi cards that support S2016... might have to buy a new MoBo

I ran into the same issue with my mobo ethernet but was able to manually install the INF file.  Maybe give that a shot?  Another option instead of a new mobo is to use a USB to Ethernet or USB to Wifi adapter.


12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

 

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tboooe said:

I ran into the same issue with my mobo ethernet but was able to manually install the INF file.  Maybe give that a shot?  Another option instead of a new mobo is to use a USB to Ethernet or USB to Wifi adapter.

 

Glad to hear you got it working.


Digital chain: Synology DS1815+ -> Linear Solution OCXO switch-> Custom 2016 Server (sCLK-EX modified motherboard, Mutec REF 10)-> AL NUC NA->  Holo Spring L3 -> Audio Research LS28-> Benchmark AHB2 -> Paradigm Persona 9H, JL Fathom sub

Power: Paul Hynes SR7, Uptone LPS-1.2, sPS-500, Topaz 91001-31 Isolation Transformer

Analog chain: VPI Prime with Ortofon Quintet Black cart -> Simaudio Neo 310LP-> Audio Research LS28-> Benchmark AHB2 -> Paradigm Persona 9H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, numlog said:

Server 2016 GUI or Desktop experience turns out to be a big big upgrade from W10, I didnt expect this since W10 is so well regarded around here but with just fidelizer W10 pales in comparison... and the digital-ness that seemed to get worse in W10 from W7 has dropped to practically zero....  music has more density, smoothness, crispness, openess. AO still needs to be added to the mix. 

 

I was hoping with GUI it could be used as basic PC for browsing but driver support is proving to be an issue. Luckily no issues on the audio side, but unable to find a LAN driver for my MoBo and there doesnt seem to be any ethernet or WiFi cards that support S2016... might have to buy a new MoBo


 

 

I have an ASUS Z-170AR mobo and the NIC is not supported by W2016 when I chnaged over to W2016 from W2012. After some searches, I found and this card: Intel enternet l210-T1 GbE NIC. It's inexpensive and you get internet access the first time you boot after installation. 

 

Hope it helps.

 
Mouse over image to zoom
Have one to sell? Sell it yourself

 


PowerConditioning: PS Audio UPC-200; Uptone JS-2, Hdplex 300W

Source: Audio-GD NFB9, Mytek Brooklyn

Amp: Audiolab 8000 C/P; Audio-GD C501

Speakers: Spendor SP2, Stirling LS3/5a

Server 1: Windows 2019-CORE+AO3.0+Jriver24 

Server 2: ROCK on NUC3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

 

Glad to hear you got it working.

LOL!  I wish. I never got it working on the NUC, gave up, and returned it to Amazon.  I was able to manually install the network driver for my Server PC though.  The good news is the current NUC version supports Server so I will be picking one up soon and trying that out as my NAA PC.


12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

 

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue with manually installing driver is that the driver must be signed. If not, you can install it by F8 (temporarily disable the signature enforcement). But you have to F8 every time you boot, else the driver wont get loaded.  


PowerConditioning: PS Audio UPC-200; Uptone JS-2, Hdplex 300W

Source: Audio-GD NFB9, Mytek Brooklyn

Amp: Audiolab 8000 C/P; Audio-GD C501

Speakers: Spendor SP2, Stirling LS3/5a

Server 1: Windows 2019-CORE+AO3.0+Jriver24 

Server 2: ROCK on NUC3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the advice guys, I tried manually installing the driver files from ASUS with no luck. Then got the W10 driver installer from intel for this particular ethernet controller and it didnt seem to care about the OS but instead gave the error 'Cannot Install Drivers. No Intel(R) adapters are present in this computer." which is just wrong, turns out many people have this issue.

 

I wanted to try manually installing the files in the .exe but wasnt sure how to extract them, luckily someone made a guide and provided the driver files aswell: 

https://www.nexthardware.com/forum/pc-top-software/85417-windows-server-2012r2-9.html#post929149

was intended for server 2012 but also works with 2016 luckily.

 

It involved disabling signature enforcement but the driver did not need to be reinstalled after rebooting so its working perfectly now!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2018 at 12:14 AM, mtan002 said:

The issue with manually installing driver is that the driver must be signed. If not, you can install it by F8 (temporarily disable the signature enforcement). But you have to F8 every time you boot, else the driver wont get loaded.  

 

Or you simply use the DriverHelper feature of ServiceTool which takes care of driver signing, compatibility mode and few other tricks to help install drivers! :)


ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody load Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows 10 on a QNAP TS-251+ NAS drive and then load the AudiophileOptimizer on their NAS drive?  I am using the QNAP TS-251+ NAS drive into an Ayon Audio S-5 Network Player through an Ethernet cable.  If so, was it a significant improvement?


Reviewer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2018 at 4:41 PM, tboooe said:

LOL!  I wish. I never got it working on the NUC, gave up, and returned it to Amazon.  I was able to manually install the network driver for my Server PC though.  The good news is the current NUC version supports Server so I will be picking one up soon and trying that out as my NAA PC.

 

I found this for anyone looking to install Intel drivers in Core 2016.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005778/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html


Digital chain: Synology DS1815+ -> Linear Solution OCXO switch-> Custom 2016 Server (sCLK-EX modified motherboard, Mutec REF 10)-> AL NUC NA->  Holo Spring L3 -> Audio Research LS28-> Benchmark AHB2 -> Paradigm Persona 9H, JL Fathom sub

Power: Paul Hynes SR7, Uptone LPS-1.2, sPS-500, Topaz 91001-31 Isolation Transformer

Analog chain: VPI Prime with Ortofon Quintet Black cart -> Simaudio Neo 310LP-> Audio Research LS28-> Benchmark AHB2 -> Paradigm Persona 9H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Folks

 

We had a few inquiries about this so i thought i let everyone know who is subcribed to this thread. One question we had a lot of times was regarding AO 2.20's compatibility in regard of the new Windows 10 1809 upgrade. We have thourougly tested AO 2.20 on Windows 10 1890 and everything works absolutely flawless. There are no issues to be expected because of the 1809 upgrade, so for those on Windows 10 please feel free and go ahead with the upgrade.

 

There are also many questions about Windows Server 2019 and some even heard about a coming AO 3.00. Well yes this is true, AO 3.00 is in the works since quite a while and it performs wonderfully on Server 2019 both GUI and Core. The general release of AO is projected somewhere in Q2 2019, but the public beta phase is very likely to start in the beginning of 2019. We are working on a solution to make the AO 3.00 Beta available for all current AO 2.20 users after a phase 0 testing with a selected group of very good beta testers.

 

Enjoy it,

AudioPhil

 

Hi Phil, that's great. Nice to hear about that. Those who are able to test the AO 3.00 Beta will be the lucky guys. Look forward to hearing the comments soon. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes indeed good news :) There ar allready 21 iterations of AO 3.00, so far all is working great on all known platforms as well as on Server 2019. But WASAPI seems to be very tricky once more...

 

So to everyone out there... Now is a great time to let us know about your wishes for AO 3.00!

 

What would be the most wanted feature you'd like to see in AO 3.00? Please let me know!


ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Yes indeed good news :) There ar allready 21 iterations of AO 3.00, so far all is working great on all known platforms as well as on Server 2019. But WASAPI seems to be very tricky once more...

 

So to everyone out there... Now is a great time to let us know about your wishes for AO 3.00!

 

What would be the most wanted feature you'd like to see in AO 3.00? Please let me know!

I want see …….Dullmeter!!!! I like win 10 with fresh install.but after couple of hour or day, lost airy and microdetails. AO can solve this problem 100% ever,or better sometimes make reinstall Os ??? Thanks Phil!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mormogi said:

I want see …….Dullmeter!!!! I like win 10 with fresh install.but after couple of hour or day, lost airy and microdetails. AO can solve this problem 100% ever,or better sometimes make reinstall Os ??? Thanks Phil!!!

 

AO will make this better, but it's not only AO, it's also the way you install the OS and what additional programs you install over time. Best is to have a dedicated partition where you install a separate OS and use that partition strictly for audio. On the other partition you install and do anything else you could need that machine for. The process for this is also described in our PDF manual, you can find it here: https://pdf.highend-audiopc.com/audiophile-optimizer-setup-guide.pdf

 


ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...