IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Ok, maybe I'm confused? How do you have a JRiver and HQPlayer shell open at the same time while in core?

Ahh.. I see.

I don't use shell mode. Instead, I created a few tiny batch files (with short names) in the default directory that enable easy access to HQPlayer, JRiver, jPlay, Q-Dir, Task Manager, shutdown, restart, etc. from the command line. It's a bit like having shortcuts in a Windows GUI, but for DOS/the command prompt. It was a pleasant surprise to find that minimizing a program without the Windows GUI still leaves a small box at the bottom of the screen so that it can be restored or closed.

Using shell mode is certainly simpler, but I prefer the flexibility of my approach.

Congratulations on that Lampi Golden Gate DAC, by the way!! I'm a proud owner of a heavily customized L4 DSD-Only DAC.

I've found the combination of AO Core + HQPlayer DSD Upsampling + jPlay + Lampizator chipless DSD to be heavenly. It's not a small tweak, but I found that adding a second server (using jPlay, both running AO) made a significant improvement to the sound. One server handles the media software and file handling and most importantly, the upsampling DSP, while the second sever, connected directly to the DAC is nearly idle, running in jPlay's Hibernate mode. I've experimented and found that removing any of the above elements noticeably degraded the sound in my system.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Ahh.. I see.

I don't use shell mode. Instead, I created a few tiny batch files (with short names) in the default directory that enable easy access to HQPlayer, JRiver, jPlay, Q-Dir, Task Manager, shutdown, restart, etc. from the command line.

I do the same thing works great. And I put mine in AO\Tools (in path already) and I can find them easy LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I don't use shell mode. Instead, I created a few tiny batch files (with short names) in the default directory that enable easy access to HQPlayer, JRiver, jPlay, Q-Dir, Task Manager, shutdown, restart, etc. from the command line. It's a bit like having shortcuts in a Windows GUI, but for DOS/the command prompt. It was a pleasant surprise to find that minimizing a program without the Windows GUI still leaves a small box at the bottom of the screen so that it can be restored or closed.

I do the same thing works great. And I put mine in AO\Tools (in path already) and I can find them easy LOL

Is there a repository of these somewhere or a "how to" ?

cheers

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks

For those whow have not seen it so far, please have a look here -> Computer Audiophile - CA’s Best of 2015 Awards

Cheers,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

• 3 weeks later...

____________________________________________________________________________________

• 4 weeks later...

Version 2.00, beta 8

================================================================================

AudiophileOptimizer 2.00

- Introduction of update notification feature

- Added support for Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation & LTSB versions

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4

- Express Mode no longer shows question about RDP and WinRM (all OS)

- WMI no longer stopped after running AO on Windows 10

- Several adjustments for Windows 10

- Enables MinimServer in core mode (Server 2012 R2)

- Improvements on Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support (Server 2012 R2)

- Possibility to disables Windows Defender (Windows 10) FIX

- Possibility to disable OneDrive (Windows 10)

- Questions for OneDrive and Defender removed for Home Edition (Windows 10)

- WMI no longer disabled when exiting AO directly after changing SS/DF (all OS)

ServiceTool 2.00

- No longer offers switch between modes if Windows 10 is detected

- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 21

- Shell replacement for MinimServer

- Shell replacement for RoonServer

- Possibility to strip down Windows 10 (remove all apps, optional features, etc.)

- Strip down Windows 10 no longer uninstalls Internet Explorer

- Restoring Service & driver state no longer possible if already done

Setup 2.00

- Removed support for all Windows 10 K & N editions

23762d1453851739-audiophileoptimizer-windows-10-beta-thread-update.png

Sweet! Happy to see support for Minimserver in core mode.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Congrats, Phil ;)

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

Since this is V 2.0 I assume it will be a paid upgrade for current AO users?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Hi

It's not about the V2... Basically the rhythm is one year. One year would have been in last October. But since i was so slow this time, the rhythm get's stretched quite a bit. But to answer your question, yes, AO 2.00 covers two new OS's and therefore is a major upgrade and no free update yes.

Best,

Phil

Cool. Happy to pay for the upgrade just to get Minimserver support in Core mode. Looking forward to trying it out.

Other components:

Cool. Happy to pay for the upgrade just to get Minimserver support in Core mode. Looking forward to trying it out.

That part is just a little drop... :)

Phil, do you have an expected release date for v 2.0?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks

Process Lasso Promotion available! http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f28-highend-audiopc-sponsored/process-lasso-promotion-27560/

Cheers,

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

i am looking for a VST3 equalizer plugin that works with WS2012 Core mode for Jriver.

In windows 10 i use voxengo marvel GEQ which for me gives a good result. But this plugin will not load in WS 2012.

What i have tried so far is entering the same values in Jriver parametric equalizer, but i don't know what Q value to use and so it does somehow not give the same result.

Does anyone have a good freeware suggestion?

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks

A very nice review by Dr. Roland Dietl about the SOtM sMS-1000SQ Windows Edition with AudiophileOptimizer: HIFISTATEMENT | netmagazine - SOtM sMS-1000SQ Windows Edition mit sDP-1000EX und sPS-1000 (the review is in german, the english translation will follow within the next 2-3 weeks)

Please also have a look at our latest promotions over here: Highend-AudioPC Forum

Best,

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Audiophile Optimizer 2.0 beta 20 release.

After upgrading from AO 2.0 beta 18 to the latest beta available, and at the time of writing it is beta 20, I will say without any reservation that the new Audiophile Optimizer from Phil’s HighEnd-AudioPC (Highend-AudioPC | High-End Computer Audio) will move computer audio sound quality to a new high -- a bar that will be very hard, if not impossible to beat by any other tweaked or optimized computer audio software out today.

I did extensive listening to all different genres of music, and no matter which type of music I played through my Phil’s Audiophile Optimized Audio PC, the sound quality was improved far beyond what I was listening to 36 hours before.

The improvement that stood out foremost in my system was the following.

· Bass depth and articulation far better than previous versions

· Soundstage width, depth, and focus was a clear improvement.

· Cymbals had a clearer “sheen” that reminded you of how it sounded when sitting in the audience in close proximity to a great drummer like Jeff Hamilton playing.

· Live performance recordings were very involving, drawing you into the audience/crowd and feeling the energy around you.

· Piano keys hitting the strings had the weight and texture that had you paying attention to the entire range of the piano notes being played.

Folks, you will do your ears and system inestimable pleasure by getting the Audiophile Optimizer 2.0 as soon as it is released to the general public. I sincerely doubt you will be disappointed; rather, you'll be astounded at how great computer audio can sound.

The following albums were played during my review:

Andrew Lloyd Webber – Phantom of the Opera

Jessica Williams – Live at Yoshi Vol 1

The Fairfield Four – Standing in the Safety Zone

Eva Cassidy – Live at Blues Alley

Chris Botti – Live in Boston

Eric Clapton – Unplugged

Jennifer Warnes –Famous Blue Raincoat

Jacques Loussier – Plays Bach

Liz Wright – Salt

Patricia Barber – Café Blue

Sade – Lovers Live

Ramsey Lewis – Dance of the Soul

Michael Murray – An Organ Blaster (Telarc)

Bob Marley – Exodus (Mobile Fidelity)

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon

I feel like you do. May I ask what your server consists of ?

Also your dac please

thanks in advance

try this if you own them. Elton john tumbled weed connection.

Three tracks to play.

Love song

talking soldiers best piano from Elton sound wise

come down in time. All analog to dsd transfers top quality

post what you hear especially love song

Music Server:

Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7 I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, PPA Studio Audio Grade USB V4, Audiophile Optimizer 2.x, JPlay, Fidelizer 7.x, ProcessLasso 8.x, BHE 7.x, Windows Server 2012 R2

Digital to Analog Converter

B.M.C. PureDac MKII

Digital to Digital Converter

Wyres4Sound RUR

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon

Thank you for the review. How does version 2 integrate Roon and HQPlayer? Right now I have both of these apps running on a Lubuntu machine. I would like to compare against AO and Fidelizer.

Other components: