IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Both Roon (Roon & Roon Server) as well as HQPlayer are supported in terms of making them work at all on server 2012 R2 and Shell Replacement. happy comparing! :-)

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi All,

I'm new to this thread though not new to server2012 nor to AO, which I have been using for one and a half year.

Having changed my soundcard (RME HDSPe AIO for RME HDSPe AES) and bought a "second hand" Server 2012 r2 std, I did go again through the whole setup process.

Unfortunately, switching to core-mode in system2 (before shrinking with VHD-W8-Compact) leads to loss of several dll's (oledlg.dll for RME driver, dsound.dll for foobar, so nothing works any longer). I did already have the oledlg.dll issue last year, I don't remember how I did solve it, probably sticking with minimal-server mode instead of core-mode.

Obviously too, the keys added to the registry to have AcourateConvolver and Foobar started automatically have been fired by Service Tool (I did not yet run AO at this stage), but I did put them back there.

Anyway, core-mode is presently unusable.

Did someone come across the same issues and find a walk-around ?

Francois

Both Roon (Roon & Roon Server) as well as HQPlayer are supported in terms of making them work at all on server 2012 R2 and Shell Replacement. happy comparing! :-)

Hi Phil,

Will Roon and HQP work in core mode ? Right now with 1.40, I can't seem to get Roon to work but they work in minimal server mode which I am currently using.

Hi All,

I'm new to this thread though not new to server2012 nor to AO, which I have been using for one and a half year.

Having changed my soundcard (RME HDSPe AIO for RME HDSPe AES) and bought a "second hand" Server 2012 r2 std, I did go again through the whole setup process.

Unfortunately, switching to core-mode in system2 (before shrinking with VHD-W8-Compact) leads to loss of several dll's (oledlg.dll for RME driver, dsound.dll for foobar, so nothing works any longer). I did already have the oledlg.dll issue last year, I don't remember how I did solve it, probably sticking with minimal-server mode instead of core-mode.

Obviously too, the keys added to the registry to have AcourateConvolver and Foobar started automatically have been fired by Service Tool (I did not yet run AO at this stage), but I did put them back there.

Anyway, core-mode is presently unusable.

Did someone come across the same issues and find a walk-around ?

Francois

Hello Francois

This is by design. Switching to Core mode is all about removing DLL's and many other system files. Therefore many things don't work in Core Mode automatically without the help of AO.

As described in the PDF manual you have to run AO again after switching to core mode and then say Yes to "Install Kernel Streaming and Media Player support".

Best wishes,

Claudia

logo_small.png

Reviews | Setup | PDF Guide | AudiophileOptimizer | Shop

Hi Phil,

Will Roon and HQP work in core mode ? Right now with 1.40, I can't seem to get Roon to work but they work in minimal server mode which I am currently using.

Hi Dev

With the coming AO 2.0 Roon (incl.Mp3 and without installing Server Essentials Role and media pack) as well as HQP will work in minimal server mode.

Evetnually Roon will also work in core mode in a future update of AO.

Claudia

logo_small.png

Hello Francois

This is by design. Switching to Core mode is all about removing DLL's and many other system files. Therefore many things don't work in Core Mode automatically without the help of AO.

As described in the PDF manual you have to run AO again after switching to core mode and then say Yes to "Install Kernel Streaming and Media Player support".

Best wishes,

Claudia

Thank you Claudia.

It is suggested in some server 2012 shrinking procedures (Uli Bruggemann) to run Service Tool before VHD-W8-compact , but AO only after VHD-W8-compact. That's why I did not run AO right away. Is this also the procedure you advise ? (running ST only after VHD-W8-compact results in unability to switch modes)

Francois

Hi Francois

In gneneral we don't use and don't support other shrinking tools than the "Compacting Feature" of our ServiceTool.

You just have to run AO again and select yes to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support" this will 100% help to to get rid of the DLL messages you mentioned.

Best wishes,

Claudia

logo_small.png

when are you anticipating that the win10 version of AO will be available? certainly would like to give it a go . . .

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
Hi Francois

In gneneral we don't use and don't support other shrinking tools than the "Compacting Feature" of our ServiceTool.

You just have to run AO again and select yes to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support" this will 100% help to to get rid of the DLL messages you mentioned.

Best wishes,

Claudia

Hi Claudia,

I followed your advice with mitigate results : compressing with ST > running ST to minimal server mode > AO works fully for music but apparently disables network connections, so I can no longer use Radmin3 (Teamviewer-like software) to drive my musicPC from my SurfacePro tablet (though I kept all network choices or remote access choices "on" in AO Ultimate)

Switching to Core-mode without having compressed and having run AO as above works also now for music as you forecasted (though now I cannot access RME's Totalmix mixer any longer, which is a problem for me) but I'm still missing the tablet connection.

I did not run VHD-W8-Compact for these trials.

How coud I keep the tablet connection with a Teamviewer-like software and have a running Totalmix mixer ?

Francois

I followed your advice with mitigate results : compressing with ST > running ST to minimal server mode > AO works fully for music but apparently disables network connections, so I can no longer use Radmin3 (Teamviewer-like software) to drive my musicPC from my SurfacePro tablet (though I kept all network choices or remote access choices "on" in AO Ultimate)

Switching to Core-mode without having compressed and having run AO as above works also now for music as you forecasted (though now I cannot access RME's Totalmix mixer any longer, which is a problem for me) but I'm still missing the tablet connection.

I did not run VHD-W8-Compact for these trials.

How coud I keep the tablet connection with a Teamviewer-like software and have a running Totalmix mixer ?

Hi Francois,

some feedback you might find helpful to your questions:

VHD-W8-Compact with R2:

This tool is not compatible with R2. It is although working with several hardware/software combinations but there are many descriptions that it is not working stable. For RAM-OS a 12GB VHD leaves you lot if space for other software, 10GB is normally enough, with manual or compacting through AO's compacting feature 8GB is enough. Less is possible but tricky.

Tablet connection:

Have fixed network adresses been set as described within AO pdf?

Totalmix:

Totalmix is running in core mode but you have no possibility to access its gui. It is setup the way you have configured it before switching into core mode. To access the gui you need to stay with minimal server mode.

If you need different setups and are able to define each, you might build one vhd per setup. For example, I have had a different setup optimized for audio only, another one for BlueRay video etc.

Enjoy the music

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

when are you anticipating that the win10 version of AO will be available? certainly would like to give it a go . . .

Hello jcn3

We expect the final release of AudiophileOptimizer 2.00 within the next 2 weeks.

Existing AO Users can already preorder AudiophileOptimizer 2.00 now by logging in on the download portal on our homepage.

Best wishes,

Claudia

logo_small.png

Hi Thomas,

In fact VHD-W8-COMPACT works fine for me, it looks as if AO Service Tool Compress doesn't. The only issue with VHD-W8-COMPACT is that AO Service Tool doesn't switch any longer if it is run after VHD-W8-COMPACT.

For the tablet connection : yes, I use a fixed IP address, that's why I don't understand what is going on...

Totalmix : yes, I have also noticed Totalmix function is ok in core-mode, but the GUI doesn't work, so no settings possible. Ability to load Totalmix with a preset file argument in command line would be nice if it existed :)

Thank you for your kind help !

Francois

Hello jcn3

We expect the final release of AudiophileOptimizer 2.00 within the next 2 weeks.

Existing AO Users can already preorder AudiophileOptimizer 2.00 now by logging in on the download portal on our homepage.

Best wishes,

Claudia

Is the preorder any kind of a discounted price, or just a convenience of purchase for owners of 1.3 and 1.4?

Hello TJHUB

Yes the preorder price has a slight discount. This is the final changelog:

AudiophileOptimizer 2.00

- Anti-Spy Feature for Windows 10 (Disables Microsoft Telemetry...)

- Minor Bugfixes & Improvements

- WASAPI/MMCSS optimization for Windows 10

- LockScreen disabled for Windows 10

- ActionCenter disabled for Windows 10

- Support for Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation & LTSB versions

- Support for all Windows 10 K & N editions

- Support for Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition

- Support for Chinese Windows 10 Editions

- Express Mode no longer shows question about RDP and WinRM (all OS)

- WMI no longer stopped after running AO on Windows 10

- AO does no longer remove the icon of the volume control panel

- Several adjustments for Windows 10

- Enables MinimServer in core mode (Server 2012 R2)

- Enables Roon & RoonServer in minimal-server mode (incl. MP3)

(without need to install Server Essentials Role and Media Pack)

- Added dedicated Roon support option

- Enables TIDAL in core and minimal-server mode (TIDAL 2016 Software)

- Improvements on Kernel-Streaming, WASAPI and MediaPlayer support (Server 2012 R2)

- Ability to disable Windows Defender (Windows 10)

- Ability to remove OneDrive (Windows 10)

- Questions for OneDrive and Defender removed for Home Edition (Windows 10)

- WMI no longer disabled when exiting AO directly after changing SS/DF (all OS)

- Fix for connection issues with SMB1 based NAS devices

ServiceTool 2.00

- Minor Bugfixes

- UAC enabled after reset via ServiceTool

- No longer offers switch between modes if Windows 10 is detected

- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 21 & 22

- Shell replacement for MinimServer

- Shell replacement for Roon & RoonServer

- Shell replacement for muso

- Ability to strip down Windows 10 (remove all apps, optional features, etc.)

- Restore Windows 10 feature: Ability to reverse stripping Windows 10

- Restoring Service & driver state no longer possible if already done

Setup 2.00

- Update of the PDF Guide

- Minor Bugfixes

- Several adjustments of the OS Checker module

- Several adjustments of Terms & Conditions message

- Update notification feature

- Adds Windows 10 God Mode to AO Tools Folder

Best wishes,

Claudia

logo_small.png

Hello Folks

This is one of the new features i really like a lot. Its called "update notification feature", and well it does what it says :) It will only work if the machine has an active internet connection. Each AO, ServiceTool and Setup will check for a newer AO version upon launch. If an update is available, a message will let you know about it.

AO_Update.png

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

How does one get in on the v2 upgrade? This is for Win2k12 and not just the other versions right?

Sorry, it's been a while since I've been on the forum and I have a lot of catching up to do. I just don't want to miss out on the upgrade! I love my 1.4 AO, but if there's better out there then I want it! :)

Hi

The coming AO 2.00 is for Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 & Windows 10.

The great news about it is not only the support for Windows 10, it's also a huge step up in sound quality and usability for existing 2012/2012 R2 users! :-)

You can simply log on the download portal on our homepage to get your upgrade pre-ordered.

Best,

Phil

Did the upgrade yesterday and I'm really impressed of the results. The dynamic increased a lot with a huge sound stage and darker background. I also noticed a better stability on playback, i'm currently using jplaystreamer with Asset UPnP which gave me very analog sounding. Seems like 4D sound signature also different in this version of AO. Very good job Phil!

Best

Chan

www.pachankolabs.com

Review of Audiophile Optimizer 2.0 RTM (final).

AudioPhil has moved the bar to a higher than high with this upgrade from 1.40 to 2.0.

Although this is the RTM (released to manufacturing) (final) version before going GA (general availability), from all the evaluations I have done with the 2.0 beta releases, I think this last one is at its peak performance,.

These are my findings, for the AO 2.0 over the AO 1.4 version.

-- More micro and overall details.

-- Bigger and more expansive soundstage, but in the correct perspective. Unlike a soundstage that is so big that it is unreal, this one is definitely with the right proportions.

-- Very airy, with nice imaging: the performers and instruments are spacious but all come together in a cohesive arrangement.

-- Whether live, studio, big band, orchestral, or jazz ensemble -- all are handled with precision when I listened with AO 2.0

The A capella recording of The Fairfield Four (CD: "Standing in the Safety Zone") will wrap you with a 3D effect when you listen to track 2, “My God Called me this Morning”.

-- I also found that this new release has a deeper, more solid and articulate bass than the other versions that I have used; not that the other versions were puny, but this new version just had me notice that there is more “slam” in a very nice way.

-- Top air extensions are retained and well dispersed just like the AO you are accustomed to.

-- Mids are great. Listening to the Mapleshade recording of Alan Gampel playing the Chopin and Liszt Sonatas, was astounding: you could feel the impact of the keys hitting the strings, and the reverberation from the Fazioli piano made me feel like I was present at the recording.

I could go on and on because I just kept listening to all different genres and was utterly enthralled with what AO 2.0 was doing for me.

Please do your music server and yourself a big favor and order Audiophile Optimizer 2.0. You are in for a beautiful listening experience.

Software used for the evaluation:

Audiophile Optimizer 2.0 RTM (final) Windows 2012 R2 in Core mode

HYSOILD 2.0 player with JPlay 6.2 ASIO

Fidelizer 7.3

Process lasso 8.9.10

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon