IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

I should probably just try this instead of asking first, but if I'm running JRiver in ASIO mode, accepting input from RoonServer, will that work in Core Mode? E.g. will Core Mode know to start RoonServer? JRiver would still be the default shell. Output would be KS, so I know I'm good there. Any thoughts?

Ryzen 3900x Roon Core PC -> Intel i9900k HQPlayer W10 machine -> iFi Zen Stream NAA

Holo May KTE, Benchmark LA4 preamp

SMC Audio upgraded DNA-125 Amp

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum speakers

Vinyl rig - Schiit Sol, Nagaoka MP-500, Mod Squad PhonoDrive phono stage

Hi - has anyone used AO in a 2 PC setup with a Nagra HD DAC - I have loaded up drivers the combo 384 amanero and it works fine in GUI mode but when I convert to core mode it won't play - J Play shows asio 384 combo - could this be a problem with R12 or do I need to delete the sonicweld drivers

I have had it playing fine in kernel streaming from a sonicweld USB convertor

Thanks

Phil

Hi - has anyone used AO in a 2 PC setup with a Nagra HD DAC - I have loaded up drivers the combo 384 amanero and it works fine in GUI mode but when I convert to core mode it won't play - J Play shows asio 384 combo - could this be a problem with R12 or do I need to delete the sonicweld drivers

I have had it playing fine in kernel streaming from a sonicweld USB convertor

Thanks

Phil

Hi

Is it possible you forgot to re-run AO after switching to core mode and say yes to "install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support"?

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hey Phil,

Just upgraded my brother's system to AO1.40 and updated mine. Love seeing the Roon shell is already available. I hope to subscribe to Roon once they get HQPlayer working with it.

Q1: Has there been any work around figured out on how to add music to the HQPlayer library while using it as a shell in core? Only way I can do it is to switch to gui, add the music to the library, and then back to core...a real pain! I've searched the forums and haven't found an answer to this question yet.

Q2: Once Roonspeakers is released, do you foresee a robust setup that has a capsv3 Zuma running WS2012 AO core acting as an endpoint? Would it be better in your opinion to use the Zuma as a RoonServer and just have something like a Rasberry Pi as endpoint ahead of the DAC?

Thanks a bunch! Your work has resulted in a major leap in sound quality in both mine and my brother's system.

Jordan

Synology NAS -> Quadcore i7, 3.8GHz -> RoonServer -> HQPlayer (all up sampled to DSD128) -> Sonore urendu (Uptone JS2 PS) -> Lampizator Golden Gate DAC -> Valvet A4 Monoblocks -> Zu Audio Definitions Mk4

Q1: Has there been any work around figured out on how to add music to the HQPlayer library while using it as a shell in core? Only way I can do it is to switch to gui, add the music to the library, and then back to core...a real pain! I've searched the forums and haven't found an answer to this question yet.

I'm pretty sure you can use something like Q-Dir (Q-Dir the Quad Explorer for Windows - Q-Dir), a great program that I find indispensable in core mode, to show your files so you can drag and drop them into HQPlayer.

I'm pretty sure you can use something like Q-Dir (Q-Dir the Quad Explorer for Windows - Q-Dir), a great program that I find indispensable in core mode, to show your files so you can drag and drop them into HQPlayer.

So, you could call this from the dos prompt and then drag new music into HQPlayer? I have always used File>Library>Add Tree in HQPlayer to do so in GUI mode. Never tried it as you suggest (when in GUI mode) since I'm really on Remote Desktop through an IPad. Thanks for the suggestion.

Synology NAS -> Quadcore i7, 3.8GHz -> RoonServer -> HQPlayer (all up sampled to DSD128) -> Sonore urendu (Uptone JS2 PS) -> Lampizator Golden Gate DAC -> Valvet A4 Monoblocks -> Zu Audio Definitions Mk4

So, you could call this from the dos prompt and then drag new music into HQPlayer? I have always used File>Library>Add Tree in HQPlayer to do so in GUI mode. Never tried it as you suggest (when in GUI mode) since I'm really on Remote Desktop through an IPad. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yep.

You can call this from a dos prompt and then drag new music in.

If you copy the Q-Dir application to C:\Windows, you can call the Q-Dir app from a dos prompt by typing q-dir no matter what directory you happen to be in.

119EURO is way to expensive for me, whats the best possible alternative to Audiophile Optimizer to use with Jriver and windows 10

Simple.

1. Go here Black Viper | www.blackviper.com and look through all the services to determine which should be running and which should not.

2. Read up on how to remove features from Windows via cmdlets. Then find all the features and determine which can be removed and which cannot.

3. Spend hours and days determining what caused you issues from steps 1 & 2

Or spend the $$$ and have Phil do all the work (already did the work) and get a stable optimized system. More things can be optimized after AO if the end users wants. AO's goal is a VERY stable optimized system for music playback.

BTW, I am an IT guy and I can strip down OS's too. But with all the work Phil put into AO, it was well worth the $$$$ and saved me countless hours/days trying things myself.

Save up your scratch....AO is well worth it.

...3 is more like weeks/months! :-) but thats just for 3. and nothing else!

After all (or better so far) i spent over 2'000 hours yet alone for AO & ServiceTool

regarding stability it's nice to know that you have about 1'300 other AO users. So it

must be pretty rock solid...

I do know the price is high for some people/regions of the world. But also consider that some say AO would be even worth it if it would cost 10 times more. But it doesnt.

So instead of your next possible hardware-tweak, better save for AO. It will be well worth the money.

best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Simple.

1. Go here Black Viper | www.blackviper.com and look through all the services to determine which should be running and which should not.

2. Read up on how to remove features from Windows via cmdlets. Then find all the features and determine which can be removed and which cannot.

3. Spend hours and days determining what caused you issues from steps 1 & 2

Or spend the $$$ and have Phil do all the work (already did the work) and get a stable optimized system. More things can be optimized after AO if the end users wants. AO's goal is a VERY stable optimized system for music playback.

BTW, I am an IT guy and I can strip down OS's too. But with all the work Phil put into AO, it was well worth the $$$$ and saved me countless hours/days trying things myself.

Save up your scratch....AO is well worth it.

sarcasm ... :) .. well as Phil pointed out 119EURO might not be that expensive for people in Europe, but for me its straight 119x71 (71 times of europe currency) comes to not expensive but exorbitant for poor me :) .... but then again I do not blame anyone. I agree someone worked hard for it, and would like to get paid for the same. Pretty understandable. I just wish the pricing was relative to different regions and not a straight currency conversion .... :). After all we also would love to utilize the amazing features what the developer has built in to this amazing tool ..... :)

I used JRiver before I switched over to HQPlayer. I prefer the sound of HQPlayer, but JRiver is a superb library management tool, offering every imaginable way to organize, maintain and search your library. I continue to use JRiver for those purposes and I drag n drop music from JRiver to HQPlayer. Works like a charm.

There are probably other media programs that would also allow you to drag n drop to HQPlayer - and maybe some of them are free. The previous suggestion of Q-Dir will work, but will not offer the robust search and library management capabilities of JRiver.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

I used JRiver before I switched over to HQPlayer. I prefer the sound of HQPlayer, but JRiver is a superb library management tool, offering every imaginable way to organize, maintain and search your library. I continue to use JRiver for those purposes and I drag n drop music from JRiver to HQPlayer. Works like a charm.

There are probably other media programs that would also allow you to drag n drop to HQPlayer - and maybe some of them are free. The previous suggestion of Q-Dir will work, but will not offer the robust search and library management capabilities of JRiver.

Unfortunately, I'm in core so using Jriver to drag and drop won't work. Any comment on the Roon question?

^^So does this mean you now have the inspiration to work on win 10 version of AO ...:).

BTW you havent responded to the reply I sent to your PM ... :)

The article is also about the AO beta on Windows 10, it's in the end of the text. I am working on AO for Windows 10 since many months, but did so mostly "undercover" so far. The beta phase with other testers than just myself just started a few weeks ago, but is going on very well. you can read about it here -> http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f28-highend-audiopc-sponsored/audiophileoptimizer-windows-10-beta-thread-26229/

You will get a response to your PM today.

Very best,

Phil

Unfortunately, I'm in core so using Jriver to drag and drop won't work. Any comment on the Roon question?

When I used JRiver many months back, I ran it in Core mode with AO.

RAAT has just been announced by Roon (was RoonSpeakers). It will not require the horse power of a Roon Core or RoonServer. Just depends on what platforms you want to run on - I believe I remember Roon talking about the Pi and other platforms for RAAT.

Dragging and dropping from JRiver works just fine in core mode.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

The article is also about the AO beta on Windows 10, it's in the end of the text. I am working on AO for Windows 10 since many months, but did so mostly "undercover" so far. The beta phase with other testers than just myself just started a few weeks ago, but is going on very well. you can read about it here -> http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f28-highend-audiopc-sponsored/audiophileoptimizer-windows-10-beta-thread-26229/

You will get a response to your PM today.

Very best,

Phil

Super excited on this one phil ...... and also replied to your PM bro ... :)

Dragging and dropping from JRiver works just fine in core mode.

Ok, maybe I'm confused? How do you have a JRiver and HQPlayer shell open at the same time while in core?