IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Indeed, back in the old days there was an audiophile windows 8 version available by a guy who called himself John Doe. http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/iso-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-key-installer-preconfigured-and-stripped-down-audiophile-version-windows-8-pro-including-jriver-and-foobar-14390/

as of today John Doe listens to Phil or AusioPhil and the result of that windows 8 experiment is called AudiophileOptimizer.

Some more explanations why not to use Win7/Win8 are available here -> Highend-AudioPC | Audiophile Optimizer

The furure dough looks slightly different -> http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/poll-any-interest-win10-if-audiophile-optimizer-available-24679/index2.html

best,

Phil

Yes I understand about Windows 8 not being optimal, but I'm talking about Windows Embedded 8. Totally different system made by a 3rd party company who specializes in real time operating systems.

Hi

yes i understood that too. Those embedded versions are not suited because of some other reasons. Either way windows 8 is legacy -> it's a dead OS.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi

yes i understood that too. Those embedded versions are not suited because of some other reasons. Either way windows 8 is legacy -> it's a dead OS.

Windows 8 embedded is still current. It's the modular version that allows customization beyond any other version of Windows. I have it installed in UEFI mode on my optimized for audio media player right now.

I was just wondering if you have actually played with it and compared the pros/cons vs server 2012?

First of all, READ the chapter "upgrading audiophile optimizer", page 28 :-)

...and yes of course there will be some gains!

Thanks, I'd missed that. :) When searching user manual pdf, I searched "Upgrade" section but couldn't see that chapter. If English is not your mother language, reading the manual becomes a nightmare. It doesn't matter how you write it, stupid friendly or not. :)

My dac is schiit gungnir and on their website I found a driver for using the dac with Asio. I need to install this because I want to use AO in Core Mode but when I try to use setup.exe, it gives an error because the driver is for 7, 8 and 8.1 .

Is there any possibility to install this asio driver on server 2012 r2?

I tried Service Tool, Driver help section but it didn't work for this.

regards

Hi

I am swiss, german is my mother tongue. Believe me, it's an even bigger nightmare writing such guide in a foreign language! :)

If the DriverHelper of ServiceTool does not help, then chances are pretty bad to get this driver working. The DriverHelper includes every trick I know of, and so far every driver was installable using it.

But shiit on the other hand is also the only company which so far had the only DAC that did just not work with Windows Server 2012 -> the Looki. I really hope the gungir does not use the same driver.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

I was using a Gungnir in 2012R2 through ASIO, it just takes a bit of luck (lol) to get the driver installed. I had to go to Device Manager > Action > Add Legacy Hardware, choose Install the hardware that I manually select, click next until you can select "Show All Devices" then click "Have Disk." Point Windows at the unzipped ASIO folder structure and it *should* pick it out and install it. Now, mind you, it took me hours to get this to work, but for the life of me I can't recall why (I had also tried a dozen other methods, unsuccessfully, so I may be getting those confused with this process which finally worked).

Note, I stepped through this process at work on Win7 but from memory, it should be *very* similar in 2012R2.

I upgraded to an Aqua DAC and didn't have a blip of trouble. I think Schiit's issue is that they use CMEDIA devices which flat out don't install on Server 2012R2 but work fine when loaded through the back door. I think they're just between a rock and a hard place here.

I can confirm that with the method above I was able to use ASIO out of JRiver to Jplay then Kernel Streaming out successfully in AO GUI mode so it should be fine in core mode, but I cannot confirm that.

Best of luck!

Ryzen 3900x Roon Core PC -> Intel i9900k HQPlayer W10 machine -> iFi Zen Stream NAA

Holo May KTE, Benchmark LA4 preamp

SMC Audio upgraded DNA-125 Amp

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum speakers

Vinyl rig - Schiit Sol, Nagaoka MP-500, Mod Squad PhonoDrive phono stage

Hi

I am swiss, german is my mother tongue. Believe me, it's an even bigger nightmare writing such guide in a foreign language! :)

If the DriverHelper of ServiceTool does not help, then chances are pretty bad to get this driver working. The DriverHelper includes every trick I know of, and so far every driver was installable using it.

But shiit on the other hand is also the only company which so far had the only DAC that did just not work with Windows Server 2012 -> the Looki. I really hope the gungir does not use the same driver.

:) than you did a very nice job ... Thanks...

I bought it second hand and I heard AO from that guy. Now I understand why he sold it :))

I can use it in minimal server mode with wasapi (jriver) but I really want to hear the core mode's sonic benefits. Bad luck :) Murphy is a very best friend of mine.

If you find any solution or heard of it, please let me know.

I was using a Gungnir in 2012R2 through ASIO, it just takes a bit of luck (lol) to get the driver installed. I had to go to Device Manager > Action > Add Legacy Hardware, choose Install the hardware that I manually select, click next until you can select "Show All Devices" then click "Have Disk." Point Windows at the unzipped ASIO folder structure and it *should* pick it out and install it. Now, mind you, it took me hours to get this to work, but for the life of me I can't recall why (I had also tried a dozen other methods, unsuccessfully, so I may be getting those confused with this process which finally worked).

Note, I stepped through this process at work on Win7 but from memory, it should be *very* similar in 2012R2.

I upgraded to an Aqua DAC and didn't have a blip of trouble. I think Schiit's issue is that they use CMEDIA devices which flat out don't install on Server 2012R2 but work fine when loaded through the back door. I think they're just between a rock and a hard place here.

I can confirm that with the method above I was able to use ASIO out of JRiver to Jplay then Kernel Streaming out successfully in AO GUI mode so it should be fine in core mode, but I cannot confirm that.

Best of luck!

After read your suggestion, I tried it immediately with a hope, unfortunately this won't work for me... But Thanks anyway... :)

I can use schiit gungnir with server 2012 r2 with wasapi in minimal server mode and it plays better than any osx based player I'd ever tried. I hope someone can solve this asio problem and I will listen to core mode sound. I'm curious about the sound in core mode, It should be a little better than minimal server mode...

Is there any better option to remote play from ipad than jremote and jriver?

@dtb3000 I'd never heard of them, thanks...

In minimal server mode, is there any program or way to arrange or see file manager without dos commands?

I want to add new songs to my library and I want to do this by drag and drop to Player otherwise adding and tag the albums becomes painful for me.

@dtb3000 I'd never heard of them, thanks...

In minimal server mode, is there any program or way to arrange or see file manager without dos commands? I want to add new songs to my library and I want to do this by drag and drop to Player otherwise adding and tag the albums becomes painful for me.

I see one program already mentioned. Also give Total Commander a try and see which you like better.

I installed Total commander, thanks...

I'm trying the Sound Signature and Digital Filter options for a few days. Very good toy for an Audiophile :)

I thougt that I'm mostly happy with 2D but tried different combinations like 1A, 4D, 1D, 3D etc... Everytime I turned back to 2D and I liked the micro details that shines in the music... But there was always something wrong with the sound. Maybe thats because of my setup, my systems capacity, I really don't know about it but, after trying the XX option which I never tried before as it wasn't there, I realize that, filter and sound signature modes makes the music unnatural. The sound becames more dynamic, micro details becomes crystalize, but after listen for some time with using that options like 2D or 1A, I feel like I'm listening to an imitation, not the original... Music feels not smooth, not natural, I don't know the exact words to describe I'm sorry for this but I feel like I'm touching silicon boobs... Got the pleasure, but something wrong with it... :)) (choise of taste, I'm not saying it's bad)

When using the SS and DF, the system behaves like it's much better system than itself... :)

Now I'm using Ss=X Df=X

Music Is not "woowww..." now but it's not the fault of AO or the player, it's just my system :) The music with mac mini+Ao+W2012 server R2 is much better than my past experiences with my mac mini music server with osx and the players like audirvana, amarra, pure music etc...

With XX settings, I can hear all the micro details but they don't shine and a very good timbre but never more than midrange and bass. A little bit of less mid-range which feels better in Digital Filter=D option in short listening sessions but thats because of my speakers capacity and when I push them to do it better with a Filter, it won't, it just pretends to do it... Very tight and good bass, not much, not less...

After reading other users experiences, I saw some reviews like this and I want to share my opinions too...

My system;

Denon x2000 :(

Heco victa prime 702

Schiit Gungnir Dac

Mac mini late 2012 + AO + W2012 R2

Oyaide + Usb cable

Acoustic room treatment

Granite under speakers

PS: When I used 2D, it wasn't play bright or bad, I didn't feel like there is really something wrong or the timbre or the bass or the midrange really played harsh, I just feel that there is a filter pushes the sound a little but not like EQ... If anyone knows about "Darbee" technology for video, I can compare this sound difference with that technology, %30 darbee version of sound... :)

Has anyone installed drivers for Berkeley Alpha USB on 2012R2 with AO? I'm getting an incompatibility error when installing the driver provided Berkeley. I spoke to Berkeley who has had other customers experience the same problem; they indicated that the source of the problem is AO (and that others have found workarounds.)

Has anyone installed drivers for Berkeley Alpha USB on 2012R2 with AO? I'm getting an incompatibility error when installing the driver provided Berkeley. I spoke to Berkeley who has had other customers experience the same problem; they indicated that the source of the problem is AO (and that others have found workarounds.)

I am using AO 1.4 with the Theyscon USB Driver for the Berkeley Aplha USB ( Driver version 1.26.0 / DLL API ver 3.2 ) . 1 thing to consider it to get you system up and running with out AO installed. Make sure your PC outputs via USB into the Berkeley (green lights on) before you install AO. I followed the instructions exactly in the AO manual, and all worked perfectly (and I'm in minimal server mode btw, for WASAPI to work). Also make sure that when you do install AO, your computer is actively connected to the Berkeley USB.