IGNORED

Mutec MC-3+

And will be for another 30 days :-D

Dang...that's what I am afraid of. Lol

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Can the Mutec do USB out? For example, AES or Optical in, and USB out.

Yes,it converts between all interfaces. You only have to select the reference (input) signal, and it will be converted to all other interfaces, including USB.

Yes,it converts between all interfaces. You only have to select the reference (input) signal, and it will be converted to all other interfaces, including USB.

Just to clarify what I mean- can this take an optical or AES in signal, and do USB out to the DAC? ​(I know it can do USB out to the computer)...

Hi Julian,

Hope you are doing good with this beautiful weather in Europe ;)

You did not mention which month of July the upgrade was due: is it July 2016 or 2017 ?

More seriously, where are you in your plans related to the release of the upgrade ? Still planned later this month ?

And what about the mysterious machine Ref 10 ? Any idea, report, comment you want to share ?

Upgrade method : (According to the manual) "Fast and complex free software updates can be transmitted by the USB Interface."

For Windows : Most likely an exe of some kind that unpacks the code, maybe works with the driver to locate the Mutec, once the handshaking begins it will be fine. I would suggest though to use the standard USB cable that came with the Mutec to the PC direct. Last thing you want is several USB fixers getting in the way and possibly stuffing things up.

For OSX : No idea.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Upgrade method : (According to the manual) "Fast and complex free software updates can be transmitted by the USB Interface."

For Windows : Most likely an exe of some kind that unpacks the code, maybe works with the driver to locate the Mutec, once the handshaking begins it will be fine. I would suggest though to use the standard USB cable that came with the Mutec to the PC direct. Last thing you want is several USB fixers getting in the way and possibly stuffing things up.

For OSX : No idea.

If you look in the Mutec folder in Programs, there is an exe "MutecUSBAudiodfu". If you run that, you will see that it is the firmware upgrade program. It asks you to locate the firmware on your computer then to upgrade. I am not sure if the firmware has to be located locally or if it can be on a network. I assume network is fine.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

• 2 weeks later...
You are either really evil or really lucky. Which is it?

...Or both? :-)

Let's say ........ lucky, ..... with a sweet devilish streak

She-Devil.png.

But I don't know how it was before so nothing 'gained' for me.

I just started right at the top

best-devil-smiley-emoticon.gif

And counting ....... :D

Well not for me actually as mine was recently shipped with this new firmware :o

OK. So I will bite. Assuming that you did get a newer version of firmware did you notice any increase in sound quality or any new features?

I am surprised that they have not announced it officially or perhaps this was just an interim fix and not the big upgrade they were teasing us with?

I love my Mutec USB. I have it doing re-clocking after my RedNet D16 and the SQ is just remarkable as a combination.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

OK. So I will bite. Assuming that you did get a newer version of firmware did you notice any increase in sound quality or any new features?

I am surprised that they have not announced it officially or perhaps this was just an interim fix and not the big upgrade they were teasing us with?

I love my Mutec USB. I have it doing re-clocking after my RedNet D16 and the SQ is just remarkable as a combination.

I don't know, because the Mutec-3+USB I got was delivered with this new firmware already installed.

So I don't know how it was with the old firmware and have nothing to compare it with.

Yes, the auto-switching between DoP and PCM is said to be present, but I haven't tried that because it is behind my Rednet now, which is fed a 192kHz upsampled signal.

I got mine directly from Mutec and was told

... I will send you the MC-3+USB already with the latest firmware V1.10

If any changes have been made since, I don't know either. I will ask when it is released if I still need to upgrade it.

Question for all you Mutec 3+ USB experts, I am currently running my 3+ usb as an AES/EBU reclocker for a cd transport and was thinking of adding a 10MHZ rubidium clock like the Antelope Audio 10MX, so if I do this it will no longer be using the internal clocks of the Mutec like the 1G clock and instead will use the 10Mhz rubidium clock of the Antelope am I correct?

Question for all you Mutec 3+ USB experts, I am currently running my 3+ usb as an AES/EBU reclocker for a cd transport and was thinking of adding a 10MHZ rubidium clock like the Antelope Audio 10MX, so if I do this it will no longer be using the internal clocks of the Mutec like the 1G clock and instead will use the 10Mhz rubidium clock of the Antelope am I correct?

You are correct. However, you may want to hold off for a little bit. Mutec will supposedly be selling their latest and greatest audio clock in September. Also, you may want to take a look at this as well regarding atomic clocks. I have not used one so I have no personal experience one way or another.

News | GrimmAudio

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

I don't know, because the Mutec-3+USB I got was delivered with this new firmware already installed.

So I don't know how it was with the old firmware and have nothing to compare it with.

Yes, the auto-switching between DoP and PCM is said to be present, but I haven't tried that because it is behind my Rednet now, which is fed a 192kHz upsampled signal.

I got mine directly from Mutec and was told

If any changes have been made since, I don't know either. I will ask when it is released if I still need to upgrade it.

Hi Aleg,

Your MC-3+USB does indeed already have the V1.10 firmware installed so no need to do anything on your end other than enjoy the music.

Julian

MUTEC GmbH

Marketing Associate

Email [email protected]

Web www.mutec-net.com

Hi Aleg,

Your MC-3+USB does indeed already have the V1.10 firmware installed so no need to do anything on your end other than enjoy the music.

Julian

Hi Julian

Thanks for the confirmation.

And the enjoyment is certainly there, in spades .....