IGNORED

Mutec MC-3+

10 hours ago, Mahler and Bach on Computer said:

I bought a used USB 3+, my second.  I recalled I upgraded the firmware of my older one, through Mac.  But I went to Mutec website for download and only found the version with PC.  So my question is that we can only upgrade the firmware using PC?  

what is the latest version of firmware?

Thank you!

I received the following message from Mutec :

"

How old is your unit we don’t made a new firmware update so I think there is no need for an update. Is something not working or why you are asking for it?

Best
Tom Porcell "

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

On 7/30/2022 at 11:21 PM, mitch751 said:

I received the following message from Mutec :

"

How old is your unit we don’t made a new firmware update so I think there is no need for an update. Is something not working or why you are asking for it?

Best
Tom Porcell "

Thank you, @mitch751, for contacting MUtec directly.  I don’t know the age of the unit.  I can dig into that information and talk to them directly.  I promise to post the development here to share with people here.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Need some helps. I have three Mutec MC3+USB, and two of them the Reference input of USB can be set both USB PCM + USB DSD/DoP at the same time :

Mode: INTERN+RE-CLK (first and third led on)

Reference: USB PCM + USB DSD/DoP (first, second and third led on)

However, the last one can only choose either USB PCM (first and second led on) OR USB DSD/DoP (second and third led on), meaning I have to manual change the setting between PCM and DSD

Is the last MC3+USB faulty, or I missed something on the setting

Thank you

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

On 8/3/2022 at 8:24 AM, Mahler and Bach on Computer said:

Thank you, @mitch751, for contacting MUtec directly.  I don’t know the age of the unit.  I can dig into that information and talk to them directly.  I promise to post the development here to share with people here.

Just in case, you are still looking for ... here is the latest firmware http://www.mutec-net.com/downloads/manuals/MUTEC_MC-3plusUSB_Firmware_Update_V110_E.zip

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mahler and Bach on Computer said:

Thank you very much.  Have been busy with other perspectives of life recently.  Will try it on?  Do you use PC or Mat to do the operation?

I have three MC3+ and only one had not upgraded with the previous owner, I am using the Mac version to upgrade without any issue.

4 minutes ago, Ben B said:

Can all generations of the MC3+ USB be upgraded by firmware?

Yes..  but if yours are 1.10 ... there is no need to change... 

• 8 months later...

Dear Mutec MC-3+ USB fellow users, I have two questions about this unit.  

1). I wonder if any of you also is also using HQPlayer?  If you are using HQPlayer4Desktopp on version 4.17.X and later, do you experience the stutter when applying DSD filter, which is the problem I am experiencing in the past year.  If I used PCM as a signal output for HQPlayer4Deskyop, there is no such an issue.

2). I am searching around to find the instruction to update the firmware 1.10 but did not find any.  I recalled there was an online instruction but could not find it now.  Wonder if anyone knows where to find the instruction for Mac interphase. 

Thank you very much!

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, I'm thinking about testing the Mutec 3 USB between my Opticalrendu and my PS Audio Direcstream dac, in this scenario I would do without the Matrix Spdif interface. Will I have gained by adding Mutec to the audio chain?

I have seen reports that this device works better with older Dacs where the digital input clocks were not as efficient as more modern devices, but I also see reports of great improvements even with modern dacs.

I would like the opinion of someone who knows and has tested this device a lot, thank you!

I have UltraRendu and MC3+USB and do not have the PS Audio dac.

In my opinion, I do not hear much different with adding the MC3+USB after the UltraRendu, however, if adding a Mutec Ref 10 to MC3+USB is another story.

MC3+Ref 10 are not cheap ....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At a cross roads here. I wish to 'clean' the output from Lumin U1 USB to DAC.

Lately, warming very much to the Lumin AES3 output to Accuphase DC-900 DAC, DSd conversion is performed by Audirvana or the Lumin, prefer the latter.

With the release of the REF10 Nano, I would buy it and a missed MC3+ USB combo, which could accept AES3 or USB.

An alternative is the Innuos USB Phoenix Reclocker. There's not an easy way to compare the two, the advantage of the Mutec is the REF10 nano can be used for the EtherRegen.

Which to choose?

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

I have the larger Ref 10 & and MC3+USB and can recommend the company. 

Regarding EtherRegen I couldn't find anything about ethernet processing in the Nano specs. 

What did you mean exactly?

thanks 

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health 

On 11/23/2023 at 4:44 AM, One and a half said:

With the release of the REF10 Nano, I would buy it and a missed MC3+ USB combo, which could accept AES3 or USB.

I am very interested in the Ref10 Nano. 

Will look forward to your listening impressions should you go that route.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

On 11/12/2023 at 4:53 PM, GryphonGuy said:

The Mutec MC3+USB is really fantastic at reclocking the same signal type. For example, I use it to reclock AES signals to exceptionally satisfying audio into my Chord DAVE DAC. Changing formats, for example USB to AES or USB to SPDIF has something missing compared with the straight reclocking path.

From what I remember that's agreed with. The USB input had some whiskers on it, but SPDIF or AES through was very good. Optical, so so like optical usually is for good quality material, for TV or HT, it's great (mainly voice anyway).

In this case, let the player software do conversions for DSD for example.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

• 3 weeks later...

I do have a question to people more familiar with MC3+ features:

I do own CEC TL2N  CD transport which has 44.1khz word clock input.

CEC has also an option to upsample native format up to 88khz.

I have connected CEC to MUTEC via AES/EBU cable and I reclock the incoming signal and send it via COAX to my DAC.

Same time, MUTEC is suppling 44.1khz word clock input signal to my DAC.

ALL works well until I want to upsample 44.1khz data on CEC to lets say 88khz. When I do that, then CEC lose the Word Clock connection with MUTEC.

On the other hand. When I just supply word clock  44khz from mutec to CEC and I connect CEC directly to my DAC, then I can upsample the signal and MUTEC does not lose the word clock connection with CEC.

Does anyone know if MUTEC is able to:

1. provide 44.1khz word clock signal to CEC and keep connection tight

2. receive upsampled digital signal 88khz

3.  send it to DAC

simultaneously