IGNORED

Mutec MC-3+

Ah OK, that makes some sense, thank you. To add the Cybershaft into the system with a single clock connector?

Yes, in the example above, the Antelope would be the single master word clock for the whole audio chain. So all devices would get their word clock from the Antelope.

And to give the Antelope an even better Reference clock than what it is using internally, you can add the Cybershaft to the Antelope via a single connection. This not guaranteed to give better results as it depends on the implementation of the Antelope and indeed the difference in quality between Cybershaft reference clock and Antelope internal clock.

I've been looking at this too. A friend of mine has one and uses it with his Esoteric CDP with great results. One potential issue is the output impedance does not match the Mutec input. I asked Cybershaft and they said it wont matter but I dont know enough about this to verify. Here is the reply I got:

In regard to 75ohm input of MUTEC MC-3+ from RBOCXO+01 50ohm output,

It hardly becomes the problem. We inspected influence of the connection from

50ohm to 75ohm.

They just write about the full compatibility of 50 ohms or 75 ohms!

specification Cybershaft

output:10MHz×1system autograph wave 7dBm±1dBm 50Ω

50Ωequipment. connection hour 0.44~0.56Vrms|1.26~1.58VP-P

75Ωequipment. connection hour 0.54~0.68Vrms|1.54~1.94VP-P

The difference between the soul and the premium microscopic, and the difference is the price of $ 265

Price quality in higher Cybershaft SOUL!!!

My system: Audio computer-based Snakeoil with linear supply>PPA v2+power supply for ti4700>, IS0 REGEN+power supply for ti4700>Teac NT503>power amplifier>

The best Linux system for music!!! :xhttps://www.snakeoil-os.net/   :x

They just write about the full compatibility of 50 ohms or 75 ohms!

specification Cybershaft

output:10MHz×1system autograph wave 7dBm±1dBm 50Ω

50Ωequipment. connection hour 0.44~0.56Vrms|1.26~1.58VP-P

75Ωequipment. connection hour 0.54~0.68Vrms|1.54~1.94VP-P

I apologize, but I am not technical enough to understand your post. Are you saying the impedance mismatch is ok?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Julian; Can you please give us MAC users an idea when the interface for Apple/MAC will be available? I would prefer NOT to jump through the flaming hoops of Windows nonsense on my MAC.

Sorry about the delayed response!

The Mac utility is fully functional at this point, but we need to do just a little bit more testing on a variety of OSX versions to ensure this will work as smoothly as the Windows update process. I'm expecting the Mac update to go public by the end of the month.

Best regards,

Julian

MUTEC GmbH

Marketing Associate

Email [email protected]

Web www.mutec-net.com

Sorry about the delayed response!

The Mac utility is fully functional at this point, but we need to do just a little bit more testing on a variety of OSX versions to ensure this will work as smoothly as the Windows update process. I'm expecting the Mac update to go public by the end of the month.

Best regards,

Julian

Thanks for the reply Julian. I have Parallels on my mac running Windows XP, and I noticed that the update utility appears to be not compatible with XP. Is that correct?

Tim

I mentioned in prior posts that I took the plunge on a 10Mhz clock from Cybershaft in Japan. Just received it today. Here is pix. Cybershaft 10M is feeding Antelope Liveclock via 10M connection. Atomic Clock indicator is lit up on display and in software. Liveclock is then connected to both RedNet and Mutec. Letting clock "warm up". Will post impressions after a few listening sessions. I've also posted this info on the head-fi forum's RedNet thread as well.

DSC_0016.jpg

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

Hi

I'm wondering if one of the reasons that the Mutec USB 3+ converts DSD signals to PCM is because 24/192 is the limit of the spdif/AES etc outputs?

Source: Pink Faun Ultra - Chord DAVE

Amps: VTV Purifi

Speakers: Trenner and Friedel RA

Cables : JCAT reference USB, Tellerium XLR, Kubula-Sosna Elation speaker

Plus CEC TL 5 Cd transport - Blackcat Tron BNC - Chord DAVE

Hi

I'm wondering if one of the reasons that the Mutec USB 3+ converts DSD signals to PCM is because 24/192 is the limit of the spdif/AES etc outputs?

DSD cannot be re-clocked. To re-clock an digital audio signal, a conversion to PCM is necessary, and that's what the MC-3+USB does. The DSD to PCM conversion in the Mutec is very good, it's up there with the best of them.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Ok, thanks

If it was going to pass DSD128 through unconverted and not reclocked (I know it can't do that) would the SPDIF and AES outputs cope?

I'm running a Lampizator which does DSD well, so ideally it would be passed through untouched

Source: Pink Faun Ultra - Chord DAVE

Amps: VTV Purifi

Speakers: Trenner and Friedel RA

Cables : JCAT reference USB, Tellerium XLR, Kubula-Sosna Elation speaker

Plus CEC TL 5 Cd transport - Blackcat Tron BNC - Chord DAVE

Ok, thanks If it was going to pass DSD128 through unconverted and not reclocked (I know it can't do that) would the SPDIF and AES outputs cope? I'm running a Lampizator which does DSD well, so ideally it would be passed through untouched
The MC-3+USB is intended for the pro market as well, so AES3, AES3id, S/PDIF (coax) all have compliant standards to adhere to. If you do anything non standard, nothing works for those that expect AES3 to work for example. There's no DSD pass through to a Lampizator on USB, although it is galvanically isolated. If you still want DSD pass through, then use an Intona between the computer and DAC. Lampizator have so many models and fashion changes, some of the newer designs don't even have AES3 or S/PDIF.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Just a quick note that I've been pleased with the Cybershaft Premium OCX 10M product. Hearing even more clarity/separation than the Antelope Liveclock - especially in complex orchestral works. Cybershaft seems to be a very well made product. Clock came with certificate of calibration and graphs that listed Allen Deviation and Phase noise measurements. Glad to report that we appear to have a legitimate outfit here.

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

Just a quick note that I've been pleased with the Cybershaft Premium OCX 10M product. Hearing even more clarity/separation than the Antelope Liveclock - especially in complex orchestral works. Cybershaft seems to be a very well made product. Clock came with certificate of calibration and graphs that listed Allen Deviation and Phase noise measurements. Glad to report that we appear to have a legitimate outfit here.

Great report. Have you tried connecting directly to the Mutec?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Great report. Have you tried connecting directly to the Mutec?

Yes - I like sq better with Cybershaft to Liveclock . It could be as simple as the Cybershaft only has one output so going through Liveclock allows me to synchronize both RedNet and Mutec to same clock where as direct Mutec connection means the RedNet is on it's own internal clock.

Where in the US can the Mutec be purchased?

As mentioned above, you can contact our US distributor Sonic Distribution for a full list of dealers. You can order online from Markertek as also mentioned above. The guys at Your Final System (http://www.yourfinalsystem.com) in Boulder, Colorado are also great to work with and more focused on audiophile consumer audio.

Hope this helps!

Julian

MUTEC GmbH

Marketing Associate

Email [email protected]

Web www.mutec-net.com

As mentioned above, you can contact our US distributor Sonic Distribution for a full list of dealers. You can order online from Markertek as also mentioned above. The guys at Your Final System (www.yourfinalsystem.com) in Boulder, Colorado are also great to work with and more focused on audiophile consumer audio.

Hope this helps!

Julian

Thanks for the info guys. Don't really want to read 800+ posts to find out best connection options, so can anyone give a simple setup for a chain that would involve Server>Regen and/or w4S Recovery and/or Intona > Auralic Vega DAC.

Also, this is a reclocker, so does it set the clock for all DACs or will my DAC reclock the signal anyway? So, talking about DAC compatability I guess.

Forgive me, I'm not an expert in this area.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info guys. Don't really want to read 800+ posts to find out best connection options, so can anyone give a simple setup for a chain that would involve Server>Regen and/or w4S Recovery and/or Intona > Auralic Vega DAC.

Also, this is a reclocker, so does it set the clock for all DACs or will my DAC reclock the signal anyway? So, talking about DAC compatability I guess.

Forgive me, I'm not an expert in this area.

Thanks.

The Regen will be the weak spot. I sold mine. My chain is :

Bryston BDP-2>Intona>PS LANDRover>Intona>Recovery>Mutec-3+USB>Mutec-3+USB>PS Audio Direct Stream dac.

And the W4S Recovery brings something to the Mutec in your configuration ?

Yes, even though I would have liked to have shortened the chain the Recovery does add to the sound quality improvement.

P.S. I am using a Chinese linear power supply with the Recovery.