IGNORED

Mutec MC-3+

Thanks for the help, but there seems to be several steps missing. I still have Windows 7.

But, I have successfully downloaded the Mutec Driver to my PC.

The Revision says V1.01

Driver info 3.30.

Is this correct for the update?

Yes, first install the driver:

http://www.mutec-net.com/downloads/manuals/MUTEC_USB2.0_Audio_Driver_V3.30.0_02-2016.zip

Once you install the driver, make sure your PC can communicate with the Mutec. To verify this, go to your Programs folder on the pc, find the Mutec folder, select it, then enter the second Mutec folder (C:\Program Files\MUTEC_Driver\MUTEC_USB_Audio_Driver\). In it you will find the executable mentioned in the firmware upgrade PDF, MUTECUSBAudioDfu.exe. Run that, it should show the firmware version 1.01 on the Mutec.

Now download and extract the latest firmware. Follow the directions in the included PDF.

http://www.mutec-net.com/downloads/manuals/MUTEC_MC-3plusUSB_Firmware_Update_V110_E.zip

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Unfortunately, there is no dedicated Mac utility at the moment, but it is in the works as we speak and I'm very much hoping that we'll be able to release it soon. I should have a more accurate for you in the next few days. I'm a Mac user myself so I understand the potential disappointment if you don't have any Windows machines around.

Thanks for your patience,

Julian

That is fabulous to hear Julian - i look forward to hearing when the Mac utility will be available.

Main: 2x2TB Ext HDD/Mac Mini 2.3 GhZ core i5 + Uptone MMK & Teradak LPS/Roon/Ethernet LAN/Uptone Audio EtherRegenr/.5M Supra CAT8/SoTM sMs200-ULTRA NEO + SBooster BOTW P&P Eco MkII/Curious cable .2M/UpTone Audio ISORegen + SBooster Ultra/Curious cable .2M/Mutec MC3+USB/DH Labs Silver sonic D110 AES/Genelec 7370A+ 2 x 85351s running GLM 3.1 with wireless remote.

Office: 4TBHDD/MacBookPro/Audirvana /.25M AQvox USB/UpTone Audio ISORegen with SBooster Ultra/.25M Moon Audio Silver dragon USB/Chord Hugo2/.25M Moon Audio Silver dragon phono/Rogue Audio Sphinx 2/Anti-cables level 3/Elac Uni_Fi UB5's on Isoacoustics Apertas/Genelec 7050c Sub.

Another thank you to Julian and Mutec for all their work on the firmware update as well as using this forum to stay in touch with their customers. I've recommended the MC-3+USB to several people and continued improvements like the new firmware only add to its value.

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

Embarrassing, but I did not see, therefore did not open the download instructions.

After now looking at them it still seems complicated to this old man but, I'll give it another try.

The two parts you need to particularly watch for are:

a) You need to upgrade firmware twice. 1.01 to 1.03 and then 1.03 to 1.10. You can't go from 1.01 to 1.10

b) Upgrading the firmware will reset Mutec to it's default setting. You will need to manually change settings backed to however you had them

Everything else was pretty straight forward to me (with instructions in hand)

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

After now looking at them it still seems complicated to this old man but, I'll give it another try.

its ok. I read the directions at least 3 times before I had the nerve to upgrade the firmware!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Where I'm getting hung up on is the execute utility. Item 3 on page 4 of the download instructions.

I am using Windows 7 and I cannot find that function.

Which step specifically? Do you mean running the upgrade executable? Can you navigate to the Programs folder on your PC?

Other components:

Where I'm getting hung up on is the execute utility. Item 3 on page 4 of the download instructions.

The path to the EXE to update the firmware is listed right above this step in the directions

I found the directions well written and the upgrade/update easy.

Like they also said in instructions, watch the CURRENT VERSION display in the update util as it will change with 1.01 -> 1.03. Close util, reopen, run the 1.03 -> 1.10, watch display....

Plus my Norton keeps popping up about removing Sonar virus.

I keep getting a message from my Norton virus protection about a Sonar security Risk associated with the Mutec download. Then it gets removed.

I keep getting a message from my Norton virus protection about a Sonar security Risk associated with the Mutec download. Then it gets removed.

Have you tried disabling Norton?

Other components:

Yes, I have recently.

It seems no matter what I try I still cannot figure out how to execute or even access the update utility "MUTECUSBAudioDfu

I am really confused.

So after you disable Norton what happens? You can't find or you can't run mutecusbaudiodfu.exe?

Other components:

Depending on how your PC is set up you may not see file extensions. What happens if you double click on that file?

Other components:

Windows has hidden the .EXE from view. Double click Mutecusbaudiofu and the utility will launch.

When I double click on it. This is a sample of part of what shows up on the screen.

<!-- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ -->

<!-- GUID required to locate the driver DLL. IMORTANT: This GUID must be equal to the one specified in the 'InterfaceGUID=' statement in custom.ini -->

<DriverInterfaceGUID>{6C930F26-5C86-414a-AC0E-525614F1862C}</DriverInterfaceGUID><!-- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ -->

<!-- Add supported devices below in the <SupportedDevices> section. Example: <SupportedDevices> <Device VID="0x1234" PID="0xABCD"> <Firmware MajorVersion="2" MinorVersion="11">FirmwareForPidABCD.bin</Firmware> </Device> <Device VID="0x1234" PID="0x0815" Revision="0x0200"> <Firmware MajorVersion="5" MinorVersion="11">FirmwareForPid0815v2.bin</Firmware> </Device> </SupportedDevices> -->

<SupportedDevices> </SupportedDevices><!-- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ -->

<!-- Supported values: No, Warn, Block -->

<CheckFirmwareVersion>No</CheckFirmwareVersion><DisplayFirmwareFile>True</DisplayFirmwareFile><AllowToAbortUpgrade>True</AllowToAbortUpgrade><LanguageSelectionDialog><Enabled>False</Enabled><EnglishTitle>MUTEC USB Audio Firmware Upgrade</EnglishTitle><EnglishSubtitle>Please select a language.</EnglishSubtitle></LanguageSelectionDialog><!-- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ -->

<SupportedLocales><Default EnglishName="English"/><Locale EnglishName="German (Germany)" LCID="0x0407"/></SupportedLocales><!-- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ -->

<a xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" class="collapse" style="color: blue; margin-left: -2em; position: relative;" href="file:///C:/Program%20Files/MUTEC_Driver/MUTEC_USB_Audio_Driver/MUTECUSBAudioDfu.xml#"><<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">Title</span>></a><Default><a xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" style="color: blue; margin-left: -2em;"><<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">Default</span>></a>MUTEC USB Audio Firmware Upgrade<span xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" style="color: blue;"></<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">Default</span>></span></Default><Locale LCID="0x0407"><a xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" style="color: blue; margin-left: -2em;"><<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">Locale</span> <span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">LCID</span>="<span style="color: black; font-weight: bold;">0x0407</span>"></a>MUTEC USB Audio Firmware Upgrade<span xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" style="color: blue;"></<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">Locale</span>></span></Locale><span xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" class="block" style="color: blue; margin-left: -2em;"></<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">Title</span>></span><!-- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DFU Wizard Configuration File For documentation see TUSBAudio_UserManual.pdf, section "DFU Wizard Customization". --><DFU FormatVersionMinor="1" FormatVersionMajor="3">

Yes.

Oh dear. You have clicked on the XML file instead of the EXE, they have the same root name. You need to see the extensions, Windows Explorer doesn't by default. Follow this spell from Microsoft below and try to launch the EXE file.

To show file name extensions in Windows Explorer, follow these steps:

For Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008

• Start Windows Explorer, you can do this by opening up any folder.
  • Click Organize.
  • Click Folder and search options.
  • Click the View tab.
  • Scroll down until you notice Hide extensions for known file types, un-check this line by clicking the check box.
    Note To hide file name extensions, check this line.
  • Click OK

_View all.jpg

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Thanks, I followed those instructions but still cannot get to the exe.

Should I re download everything again?

At one stage you tried to rename the file, perhaps this is now wrecked.

suggest to remove the Mutec Drivers, reboot, and reinstall the drivers which contain the MUTECUSBAudioDfu.exe

utility.

When you say cannot get to exe, you can't see MUTECUSBAudioDfu.exe like the screen shot in post 845?

due to rules on the site, I can't upload the MUTECUSBAudioDfu.exe file to use, cause that's all you need to update the file for the MC-3+USB.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Thanks, I followed those instructions but still cannot get to the exe.

Should I re download everything again?

Or get someone else to assist you, anyone with some experience in using a computer will able to help you.

Just in case anyone has firmware 1.02 on their MC3+, I just upgraded and the only way to do it is to use the 1.01 to 1.03 firmware file first, the Update Software will show the update of current firmware version to 1.03, close it off then open it again and use the 1.02_1.03 to 1.10 firmware file. It'll show current version at 1.10 and then you can power cycle the MC3+ USB and it'll keep the firmware.

I kept getting errors when I just tried to use the 1.02_1.03 to 1.10 firmware file.

I did the upgrade a few days ago and realized some clicks today, like on vinyl. After looking at the firmware version I was back on 1.01. Doing the upgrade again I have gotten some errors during the process. Finally now back on 1.10 and no clicks. Hope this was just a one off..