IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

7 hours ago, further said:

Peter, I also just tried switching to Roon, and X1 does not show as an audio zone option, even with restarting Roon Server and Player on my Antipodes dashboards.   Other options are shown, and am playing music through another DAC via Roon now, but X1 not shown as available.

Please power cycle the whole network, starting from the router, especially including the Roon Core, Lumin X1, Antipodes and all WiFi / mobile devices.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

On 1/7/2022 at 1:35 AM, vintageaxeman said:

It is the latest version of iOS, Peter. I have just discovered the issue. I had larger text chosen in Display and Accessibility Settings, as my ageing eyesight isn’t too good nowadays. So I have had to turn off this helpful Accessibility feature until hopefully a future version of the Lumin Software addresses this Lumin app anomaly. Do you think this could happen?

Fixed in Lumin iOS app 7.2 .  Please try it.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

5 hours ago, wklie said:

Fixed in Lumin iOS app 7.2 .  Please try it.

Hi Peter.

Thank you and your company's engineers for their amazingly fast response.

Yes, the Search facility is now visible when using Larger Text and Bold Text, but it's not yet optimally formatted or arranged.

The position of the search facility is now better. And if I choose to use larger text sizes, in BOLD, to make them more easily readable through iOS Acccessibility, album titles etc do become easier to read.

However, the remaining issues are:

1) The Circle with the X in it is still partly hidden.

2) The lower parts of the letters which I type in are still partly hidden.

3) The Search command 'area' remains as small size, and the text that I input myself is still very small.

4) The Search facility is visually very small, but it is in a large blank area, so it could be rearranged. Could it be made even clearer and bigger, perhaps more to the left?

As I used to work in the IT industry, I know the suggestions I have made are possible.

I have done a mockup (in the attached image) of my proposed changes.

Thank you.

Lumin Search.jpg

@wklie Hi Peter I have run into an issue.  I updated UI Mini firmware and also the app. Radio and Spotify working perfectly. I normally use an iPad 2 to control, but also can use a iPad Pro 2nd. Gen. Yesterday I first noticed the iPad 2 was apparently downloading all the Favourites each time it was opened and just when it got to finish it crashed every time.  When I tried the iPad Pro the Favourite icons were flashing, but could get it to play.  Today apps on both devices are crashing once the Qobuz icon is touched. I have tried removing power to the UI Mini and the router twice and deleting/reinstalling the app to no avail. I also logged in and out of Qobuz. I downloaded the app to my m1 iMac and it to crashes once the Qobuz icon is touched. 

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

I have the same problem today. When opening qobuz in the lumin app it is crashing. This morning I could start one album from my favorites. Then I removed this album from the favorite list. I am not sure if directly after this or some later the crashes started. (iPad2018 latest iOS15.2 and also after upgrading to 15.2.1). I will send the crashlogs, too.

11 minutes ago, wklie said:

I'm sorry about the crashes.  After sending the crash log, please try to reinstall the app.  If it still crashes, please try using Lumin Android app.

Deleted app and rebooted iPad Pro gen 2.  Reinstalled app. No change still crashing on touching Qobuz icon. 

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

3 minutes ago, Liam said:

Deleted app and rebooted iPad Pro gen 2.  Reinstalled app. No change still crashing on touching Qobuz icon. 

I Can confirm This behavior on iOS 14.8.1 iPad Air 3. Gen

crashes repeatedly when touching the Qobuz icon -

if I start qobuz from an android device, I can navigate in the currently playing tracks on iPad and play them, but pressing Qobuz icon, instant crash.

best regards

... same on M1 iPad Pro 11" and iPhone 12 Pro 😶

iPadOS/iOS 15.2.1

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

7 minutes ago, wklie said:

While we investigate these crashes, you may also try using the Esoteric Sound Stream iOS app or Lumin Android app.

Hi Peter the Esoteric Soundstream app loads up fine for me on my iPhone SE.  Not convenient to try on other devises just now, but will later.  Expect will be fine.

The lumin app is working again for me. I am not sure if it did heal itself automatically somehow (probably on qobuz side) or if it was the following workaround I have tried:

Click the qobuz icon. Usually the 4 Icons "Discover", "Playlists", "Favorites" and "Purchases" did occur for a second before the crash happened. I managed to open the favorites quick enough so that the crash was avoided. Now I can navigate in qobuz again, also to the top level.

3 hours ago, Liam said:

Hi Peter the Esoteric Soundstream app loads up fine for me on my iPhone SE.  Not convenient to try on other devises just now, but will later.  Expect will be fine.

Yes Esoteric app works on all my devices. Lumin app also works again on iPad Pro gen 2. There is a change though in what I recall was previously the case. If the arrow is pressed to navigate back to the menu below and ‘Qobuz’ is selected the Favourites are fully re downloaded. I used to only use this to prompt download of NEWLY selected in Qobuz Favourites. The iPad 2 continues to crash every time during the whole Favourites download and is unuseable. The Esoteric app does not download all the Favourites if Qobuz is selected.

The esoteric app does not offer user selectable output resolutions, nor LEEDH output volume selection.

edit. Having checked the Esoteric app uses whatever selections have been made in the Lumin app for output resolutions and LEEDH volume (in my case 100%). 

C287ABFC-1B6A-49EC-A888-E3B5D156FD94.png

2 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

Qobuz on Lumïn app is working again without “workarounds” too

... there was an issue, now solved, on Qobuz side as reported in the Audirvana Studio thread

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

@wklie after being playing a playlist in Lumin app on iPad Pro gen 2 and then pausing for sometime, when I resumed and tapped Qobuz icon the app went into download mode again downloading Favourites as if for the first time. 

6 hours ago, pl_svn said:

... there was an issue, now solved, on Qobuz side as reported in the Audirvana Studio thread

We are currently investigating the logs we have received.

Our preliminary investigation that there are something unexpected with the HTTP response from the server to Lumin app.  However, it is normal now at the time I type this post.

Everyone who had Lumin app crash for Qobuz, please retry it.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead