Were you able to compare this to the low budget redbook release on CD? I really like Kubelik for Mahler but hesitate if I need to buy this again.

I haven't compared it to the redbook version, but my expectation would be to hear no difference if the CD comes from the same master (which I think is the case for the recent budget release, judging by the label). This is a good-quality remastering of a well recorded album (especially by DG standards) but not an especially audiophile recording. My advice would be not to buy it again at the normal price, but since you are subscribed to Qobuz Sublime, this might change the calculation a bit.

I haven't compared it to the redbook version, but my expectation would be to hear no difference if the CD comes from the same master (which I think is the case for the recent budget release, judging by the label). This is a good-quality remastering of a well recorded album (especially by DG standards) but not an especially audiophile recording. My advice would be not to buy it again at the normal price, but since you are subscribed to Qobuz Sublime, this might change the calculation a bit.

Thanks this is helpful.

Just downloaded from bandcamp. Good diversity of style going on here. While no real star power, the musicians are playing really well together. I always find groups led by drummers to have a bit different flavor to them. I dig it.

Daniel Freedman - Imagine That - cover.jpg

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

Julia Fischer plays Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto

cover.png

I did not know until now, but Pentatone offers this as a DSD ISO for download. After purchasing, I used ImgBurn to burn the ISO to disc and my Oppo recognized it with no issue and began playback in DSD.

This hits all the high marks for me in terms of performance and sound quality. The surround track is immersive without being "gimmicky", and the quality begs for the volume to be turned up- no etched or strident sounding strings to be found!

I can't recommend this enough from my (novice) point of view.

Office: iPod classic/iPad -> Shure SE425 IEM Home: Oppo BDP-83/Synology DS211j -> Integra DTR-7.8 -> Revel speakers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25443[/ATTACH]

Nice blast from the past...

Taylor's Tell It to My Heart was a staple along with Girls Just Want to Have Fun for my sister. Must have worn down the tapes several times over.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

Just tripped across this -- very nice. streaming from Tidal.

image8.jpg

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25227[/ATTACH]

Recommended for jazz piano trio fans. Via Spotify.

i gotta say -- this thread is absolutely awesome. i'm getting exposed to a lot of great music. couldn't find the above on tidal, but this one is and it's really good:

cover_wh_500.jpg

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
i gotta say -- this thread is absolutely awesome. i'm getting exposed to a lot of great music. /QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more!!

FWIW, I would love to see this thread broken out into multiple ones such as:

- Classical

- Rock, Folk, Blues, Jazz

- Pop, Rap, Hip-Hop

- Country, Western

It sure would make things easier to find!

Just my 2 cents!

Metrum Onyx DAC, Matrix X-SPDIF2 DDC, Snake River Boomslang Digital cable, Verastarr Nemesis USB cable;

Backert Rhumba 1.2 Preamp; Coincident M300B Frankenstein mkII SET monoblocks

Omega Super Alnico HO Monitors (Cherry finish) / Martin Logan Depth i Subwoofer

Macbook Pro (mid-2012, 2.3GHz i7, 16Gb RAM, 512Gb SSD), HQPlayer, Tidal, Roon;

Cabling by Cerious Tech (Graphene SC, Blue PCs), Verastarr (IC and PC) and Teo Audio (GC IC)

cover.jpg

Haydn: Cello Concertos and "Kindersymphonie." Enrico Dindo with I Solisti Di Pavia.

Nicely articulated performances. The sound, from a 24/96 Qobuz download, is pungent but not harsh.

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

i gotta say -- this thread is absolutely awesome. i'm getting exposed to a lot of great music. /QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more!!

FWIW, I would love to see this thread broken out into multiple ones such as:

- Classical

- Rock, Folk, Blues, Jazz

- Pop, Rap, Hip-Hop

- Country, Western

It sure would make things easier to find!

Just my 2 cents!

I have to say I disagree. While I appreciate your sentiment, I like that this thread exposes me to music I wouldn't necessarily seek out on my own. I have probably found more new albums here than anywhere else on the internet, and I think we have some great folks with lots of musical knowledge weighing in here, all in one thread.

+1 David!

Thanks to C.A., I am now enjoying music that I wouldn't have been exposed otherwise.

Thank you all.

Here is one that I am enjoying right now.

000774.jpg

I have to say I disagree. While I appreciate your sentiment, I like that this thread exposes me to music I wouldn't necessarily seek out on my own. I have probably found more new albums here than anywhere else on the internet, and I think we have some great folks with lots of musical knowledge weighing in here, all in one thread.

MacPro Xeon/Audirvana-ITunes/USB/W4S DAC2 SE/ADAM Delta

+1.

Back on topic:

51Oe76fF0BL._AC_UL320_SR312,320_.jpg

Followed by:

OuKh.jpg

Both in high res from Qobuz

61Q8ul7z88L.jpg

A different kind of classical (Indian) and a fusion of Americana, blues, and some jazz.

Ry is always on song... this is something different, but equally good.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther