You're welcome. By the way, the earlier one you found is on Qobuz. On the buy queue now. Turms out it's on the French Ocora label that specializes in field recorded world music, Java, India, Middle East etc. Very interesting. Thanks! In fact, this reminds me--I should have a CD of Tibetan Bön ritual music from this label. Got to go look for it :) Now "Album" of the evening:

Samsara

91enYLMc-EL._SL300_.jpg

...and thanks yet again. Extraordinary images! And the score works very well. I first attempted to listen to the soundtrack on Tidal, but did not find it very engaging. My understanding is that the music was composed after the film was shot and is intended for the corresponding scenes.

Watch free on vimeo. Worth watching even if only for 15 minutes! https://vimeo.com/116877832

...and thanks yet again. Extraordinary images! And the score works very well. I first attempted to listen to the soundtrack on Tidal, but did not find it very engaging. My understanding is that the music was composed after the film was shot and is intended for the corresponding scenes.

Watch free on vimeo. Worth watching even if only for 15 minutes! https://vimeo.com/116877832

I've both of them in Blu-ray.

Samsara (2011) - IMDb

Baraka (1992) - IMDb

If 4K Blu-ray ever happens would be the reference standard. The visuals are stunning and well worth watching.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

If 4K Blu-ray ever happens

4K Blu-Ray is already here.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

New from Jordi Savall, et al.

Ramon Llull: temps de conquestes, de diàleg i desconhort

There is much to like hear. Be forewarned, a number of tracks are readings, mostly in Spanish. If you aren't fluent, you'll want the 2disc SACD with book version. LLull is a fascinating character and thinker: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramon_Llull

from Qobuz: "Note that Ramon Llull (1232 - 1315) is not the composer so honored by Jordi Savall, but a philosopher, mathematician, religious and Majorcan writer whose teachings have greatly influenced his time but also future generations. So these are troubadours parts of the twelfth and thirteenth century (Raimon de Miraval, Raimbaut of Vaqueiras, Berenguer de Palou, Guiraut of Bornelh), Dufay to finish in beauty CD, and traditional European music, African and East of time of Llull propose that Savall and his Capella Reial de Catalunya, intertwined with some texts of Llull himself, recited in medieval Catalan. Any takers? We will discover the many cross-influences between East and West, Christianity and Islam - several improvisations "taqsim" typical Arab -, Spain and North Africa; Certainly, there is little the time of partitions and Savall and his ensemble must extrapolate from the traditions of the few documents that have survived, and their knowledge of the game modes and improvisation of the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries. A time both distant but, curiously, always present in the Spanish-Muslim traditions, North African and Middle Eastern. concert recording made November 28, 2015 in Barcelona." © SM / Qobuz

2 DISCS - 61 TRACKS - TOTAL TIME: 2:17:04

Main artist: Jordi Savall

Label: Alia Vox

Genre: Classical

© © 2016 Alia Vox

Hi-Res 24 bit - 88.20 kHz

0190374661423_600.jpg

AVSA9917.jpg

cover.jpg

Brahms: Cello Sonatas. Beautifully played by Marie-Elisabeth Hecker and Martin Helmchen.

Excellent sound from a 24/96 Highresaudio.com download.

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25885[/ATTACH]

You know the story behind the title?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

New from Jordi Savall, et al.

Ramon Llull: temps de conquestes, de diàleg i desconhort

There is much to like hear. Be forewarned, a number of tracks are readings, mostly in Spanish. If you aren't fluent, you'll want the 2disc SACD with book version. LLull is a fascinating character and thinker: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramon_Llull

from Qobuz: "Note that Ramon Llull (1232 - 1315) is not the composer so honored by Jordi Savall, but a philosopher, mathematician, religious and Majorcan writer whose teachings have greatly influenced his time but also future generations. So these are troubadours parts of the twelfth and thirteenth century (Raimon de Miraval, Raimbaut of Vaqueiras, Berenguer de Palou, Guiraut of Bornelh), Dufay to finish in beauty CD, and traditional European music, African and East of time of Llull propose that Savall and his Capella Reial de Catalunya, intertwined with some texts of Llull himself, recited in medieval Catalan. Any takers? We will discover the many cross-influences between East and West, Christianity and Islam - several improvisations "taqsim" typical Arab -, Spain and North Africa; Certainly, there is little the time of partitions and Savall and his ensemble must extrapolate from the traditions of the few documents that have survived, and their knowledge of the game modes and improvisation of the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries. A time both distant but, curiously, always present in the Spanish-Muslim traditions, North African and Middle Eastern. concert recording made November 28, 2015 in Barcelona." © SM / Qobuz

2 DISCS - 61 TRACKS - TOTAL TIME: 2:17:04

Main artist: Jordi Savall

Label: Alia Vox

Genre: Classical

© © 2016 Alia Vox

Hi-Res 24 bit - 88.20 kHz

I think I must get this. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.