10 minutes ago, Jud said:

Little story:

My best friend in law school was a tall blonde blue-eyed woman who liked to go to concerts and stand in the front row with a camera and a flower in her hair. She got noticed by band members a lot, including Boz Burrell of Bad Company. They became acquainted. So when one of Boz's friends had a matter in America he needed to take care of, Boz arranged for him to stay part of the time as a guest in my friend's apartment.

Boz's friend was Mitch Mitchell, Jimi Hendrix's drummer. I spent a lovely afternoon at my friend's apartment chatting with him. Quietest, nicest guy you would ever want to meet.

Amazing!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

20 hours ago, jiminlogansquare said:

Audacious. Inevitable. And actually quite enjoyable. West End Blues, however, is notable by its absence. Even Wynton won't go there, I guess.

IMG_1325.jpeg

I had the same thought then I read the track list lol

Strangely enough the announcement for the 2006 live event from which these recordings originate mentions West End Blues:

https://wyntonmarsalis.org/news/entry/wynton-and-louis-armstrongs-hot-fivess 

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

On 8/4/2023 at 10:43 PM, Jud said:

Little story:

My best friend in law school was a tall blonde blue-eyed woman who liked to go to concerts and stand in the front row with a camera and a flower in her hair. She got noticed by band members a lot, including Boz Burrell of Bad Company. They became acquainted. So when one of Boz's friends had a matter in America he needed to take care of, Boz arranged for him to stay part of the time as a guest in my friend's apartment.

Boz's friend was Mitch Mitchell, Jimi Hendrix's drummer. I spent a lovely afternoon at my friend's apartment chatting with him. Quietest, nicest guy you would ever want to meet.

Great story. Must be a cherished memory for you.

16 minutes ago, Jeff Dee said:

Ah yes! Back in 72 indeed. A vintage year for great rock music releases. Here are my 10 personal favorites sorted by their impact as I perceive them to be. If you disagree, that's fine. Be gentle. I'm only trying to promote further discussion about music rather than technology.

1. Neil Young\Harvest
  2. Steely Dan\Can't Buy A Thrill
  3. Stevie Wonder\Talking Book
  4. David Bowie\The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders Of Mars
  5. Wishbone Ash\Argus
  6. Jethro Tull\Thick As a Brick
  7. The Rolling Stones\Exile on Main Street
  8. Jerry Garcia\Garcia
  9. The Band\Rock of Ages
  10. Jackson Browne\Saturate Before Using

All great!!!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

36 minutes ago, Jeff Dee said:

Ah yes! Back in 72 indeed. A vintage year for great rock music releases. Here are my 10 personal favorites sorted by their impact as I perceive them to be. If you disagree, that's fine. Be gentle. I'm only trying to promote further discussion about music rather than technology.

1. Neil Young\Harvest
  5. Wishbone Ash\Argus
  8. Jerry Garcia\Garcia
  9. The Band\Rock of Ages

Agreed on excellent choices. And I completely agree with Harvest at number one. I would also have to add Cat Stevens "Catch Bull At 4" to a best of 72 list. 

6 hours ago, Jeff Dee said:

1. Neil Young\Harvest
  5. Wishbone Ash\Argus
  8. Jerry Garcia\Garcia
  9. The Band\Rock of Ages

Damn, that’s quite a list.

I was just at my nephew’s wedding, and thinking in 50 years maybe he and his friends will make a “best of” list of all the hip-hop they played and danced to.

But he went to the classics for the wedding itself: A string trio played “Thunder Road” for the processional and “Born to Run” for the recessional. 🙂

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.