IGNORED

Article: Streaming Services Through HQPlayer Natively

2 minutes ago, MrB71 said:

Thanks for the quick reply AD.

Can't get it working. I have desktop version open on my Win10PC and client open on my MacBook Pro but I see no Qobuz or even connection to my WinPC.

I have the allow network connection ticked on the Win 10 PC.

Apologies but I am very new to HQP4 but would see this additional function as a definite reason to purchase.

Perhaps this might help https://www.signalyst.com/quickstart.html

2 minutes ago, MrB71 said:

Thanks for the quick reply AD.

Can't get it working. I have desktop version open on my Win10PC and client open on my MacBook Pro but I see no Qobuz or even connection to my WinPC.

I have the allow network connection ticked on the Win 10 PC.

Apologies but I am very new to HQP4 but would see this additional function as a definite reason to purchase.

ok.

try on the same computer first, and if possible add one album to the "library" for HQP as that seems to be required to get it working.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

Does that happen every single time?

No it’s random! Sometimes it will play two or three tracks, never have I been able to play a complete album all the way through. 

C.A.P. Pipeline, windows pro 10 > Roon > SOtM USB > Keces power supply > HDplex power supply > 4x2 HD Mini DSP > Ayre DSD QB-9 > Naim CDX > ModWright 9 S.E. Preamp > A21 Parasound Amplifier > Magnepan .7 > Augie's Dipole sub, ML sub, DIY sub > Dedicated room with acoustical treatment.

2 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Have you restarted everything?

edit: Also, get a log file and email it to info @ Signalyst . com

Good idea! I am not seeing anybody else having this issue, got to be on my end. I appreciate you being available in the office today! 😉

C.A.P. Pipeline, windows pro 10 > Roon > SOtM USB > Keces power supply > HDplex power supply > 4x2 HD Mini DSP > Ayre DSD QB-9 > Naim CDX > ModWright 9 S.E. Preamp > A21 Parasound Amplifier > Magnepan .7 > Augie's Dipole sub, ML sub, DIY sub > Dedicated room with acoustical treatment.

5 minutes ago, shum3s said:

Good idea! I am not seeing anybody else having this issue, got to be on my end. I appreciate you being available in the office today! 😉

Its not just you, I promise. @Miska is on top of it to find a fix, and your log files will help him do that.

No electron left behind.

i have the basics working, but I am stuck in a couple of places.  I have had teething problems on Windows 11 and ARM Mac wih the desktop app.  I am reporting issues directly.

I am using the Raspberry Pi image of embedded player.  I have been digging around and want to start an FAQ to save others time.

I got the Pi2AES working with help from SABF forum, edit the config.txt

1.  What is the format for adding a NAS share. I cannot seem to make it connect.  //ip/My Share never mounts.  

2.  What  disk format does a LOCAL USB drive need?

3.  What is the trick to enable Root SSH without a keyboard and mouse on the Pi.?

i will have library questions

I think that there is some room for tweaking the PI version for even better SQ.  

What is really interesting to me is that we can get the compute down to a single Raspberry Pi in the Music system.  What I am hoping is that by having the music stored on the Pi I can improve SQ too!  

I feel like I am driving down a bumpy side road to reach the nirvana of sound.

RJF 

55 minutes ago, bobfa said:

i have the basics working, but I am stuck in a couple of places.  I have had teething problems on Windows 11 and ARM Mac wih the desktop app.  I am reporting issues directly.

I am using the Raspberry Pi image of embedded player.  I have been digging around and want to start an FAQ to save others time.

I got the Pi2AES working with help from SABF forum, edit the config.txt

1.  What is the format for adding a NAS share. I cannot seem to make it connect.  //ip/My Share never mounts.  

2.  What  disk format does a LOCAL USB drive need?

3.  What is the trick to enable Root SSH without a keyboard and mouse on the Pi.?

i will have library questions

I think that there is some room for tweaking the PI version for even better SQ.  

What is really interesting to me is that we can get the compute down to a single Raspberry Pi in the Music system.  What I am hoping is that by having the music stored on the Pi I can improve SQ too!  

I feel like I am driving down a bumpy side road to reach the nirvana of sound.

RJF 

I wish I could help you with these.

I actually haven't been able to get a SMB share to mount in embedded, I need to use an internal drive.
I think EXT4 is best, as that's a native Linux format

That I have no idea about, I know how to do it with a monitor and keyboard only.

No electron left behind.

8 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I wish I could help you with these.

I actually haven't been able to get a SMB share to mount in embedded, I need to use an internal drive.
I think EXT4 is best, as that's a native Linux format

That I have no idea about, I know how to do it with a monitor and keyboard only.

Thanks.  USB drive here I come.  I will dig out the others. 

For anyone struggling to get Qobuz working through HQP, here is what I had to do.  At first nothing would show up under the Album view drop down.  I never added folders to a Library

1. As Chris and others mentioned, make sure you have Desktop running.

2. Go to File -> Library...

3. Select Scan... and pick any folder that has some music to create a library.  Adding more content, for example the parent directory of your music content, will take a lot more time to scan.  If you want to get quick to check out Qobuz just scan a small folder.

4. Once the scan has completed click OK.  You can minimize Desktop if you want.

5. Open HQP Client.  Under Play View -> Upper left drop down, select localhost

6. Click Album view on the left of the app

7. In the upper left drop down you should now see Qobuz.  Select it and login.

8. Upsample your streamed content.  I'm stoked about this.

Will try with Embedded next.

I'm going to go out of a limb here and say that my expectations were that HQPlayer direct will sound SOOOOO MUCCCHH BETTERRRR than Roon+Hqp

But after listening I feel it sounds either the same or a "small preference" towards Roon+Hqp

Go figure, I must have no ears at all :)

Cheers everybody, enjoy the music and the season

2 minutes ago, luisma said:

I'm going to go out of a limb here and say that my expectations were that HQPlayer direct will sound SOOOOO MUCCCHH BETTERRRR than Roon+Hqp

But after listening I feel it sounds either the same or a "small preference" towards Roon+Hqp

The beauty is everyone has the option. I’m happy to hear you’re happy and enjoying music :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

19 hours ago, luisma said:

Have to agree here, small difference in sound quality. Great effort from Jussi to get this integrated. It needs some work to get to the level of Roon integration.