IGNORED

Article: Streaming Services Through HQPlayer Natively

"but incase you missed the full-court press by Jussi's PR team, marketing manager, and publicist"

It's a thankless job, but I do my best. The pay is good though, I get the best sound quality!  I am really happy about this as it greatly increases the sound quality of streaming, and it simplifies the process. I have no doubt that Jussi will work out the few kinks in due time.

No electron left behind.

I did try it over the wknd (trial 4.x) and this added functionality is pretty cool for sure.  I did have issues going back to the "home" qobuz screen after playing a track or two from current album.  I had to restart the application for it to show up / display home screen (the pull downs were blank).  However, I'm sure it was me as I didn't spend a lot of time with it, I'll give it another go soon.

I use my purchased 3.x version full time inside of roon, as I haven't figured out / committed to what 4.x version I would upgrade to should I do so (embedded, Linux, Win etc..)

Am I to understand I can use HQP client on another device (my laptop) -  sort of like the remote control - while HQP desktop is on my high power wkst in another room doing the heavy lifting sending to NAA in audio rack?  Yes I'm a huge proponent of  RTFM 😄, I just haven't used 4.x enough

I wish Jussi all the best with the ongoing dev of HQP,

My rig

1 hour ago, ericuco said:

Has anyone tried using HQP Client on a Surface Go device (or other Windows tablet)?

It will run on anything capable of running Windows or supported Linux versions.
Win10 tablets usually run on Intel Atom or Intel Celeron low power consumption processors.
As an example here is HQPlayer Client running on Atom Z8350 mini PC (there are tablets running on the same processor):

image.thumb.png.c90476b01b7c178f3031f2b77764323d.png

image.thumb.png.3c3b0db58aa99a91d95e72b560397b9e.png

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
34 minutes ago, tdevitt said:

I have downloaded 4.15.1 Desktop Client  (demo) to WIndows 11, but do not see Qobuz in the drop-down list, only library and HRA. I am connected to HQP Embedded on a Linux Server. Any idea why I might not be seeing the Qobuz option?

Did you update your embedded as well?

No electron left behind.

14 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Did you update your embedded as well?

No, I cannot do that as I do not have s/w update access to the Linux server (Antipodes). However HQPe is currently at 4.26.2. The Desktop localhost view shows no options (there is no library on the Windows server), neither Qobuz nor HRA. Tried on a Windows 8.5 laptop with same result. Will contact Signalyst.

Just now, tdevitt said:

No, I cannot do that as I do not have s/w update access to the Linux server (Antipodes). However HQPe is currently at 4.26.2. The Desktop localhost view shows no options (there is no library on the Windows server), neither Qobuz nor HRA. Tried on a Windows 8.5 laptop with same result. Will contact Signalyst.

Then you need to contact Antipodes and ask them to update the system to the latest HQP embedded version.

However, if you have both the Desktop and Client running on the same PC, and you select Localhost, and then go to album view and try to select Qobuz it should appear.

No electron left behind.

I can have Client and Server windows open on the laptop, but the local server has no library so there is no point. Looking at the release notes on the Signalyst website it appears that the streaming access is in the client software anyway, and HQPe is not changed:

Dec 12 2021 HQPlayer 4 Desktop 4.15.1 released.
Small improvements and bug fixes. This is slow release available under "Other downloads" button.
Dec 10 2021 HQPlayer 4 Desktop 4.15.0 released!
Support for highresaudio.com Streaming and Qobuz streaming services in HQPlayer Client. New CPU core allocation algorithm. Preliminary support for 12th Gen Intel CPUs. Component updates and bug fixes.
Dec 6 2021

HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.28.0 released!
New CPU core allocation algorithm. Preliminary support for 12th Gen Intel CPUs. HQPlayer OS updated and now includes also ssh client and server (requires configuration). Component updates and bug fixes. 100th build for Ubuntu milestone!

Interesting review. I tried HQP with ROON and never could get it to function-I probably didn't pay attention to the directions but thought I would try since I was a'lifetime subscriber'--another example of ROON screwing up and not helping. Is the independent form of HQP then easier to use I would be interested since  use Qobuz. hope the price is reasonable.

28 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

Interesting review. I tried HQP with ROON and never could get it to function-I probably didn't pay attention to the directions but thought I would try since I was a'lifetime subscriber'--another example of ROON screwing up and not helping. Is the independent form of HQP then easier to use I would be interested since  use Qobuz. hope the price is reasonable.

I don't find HQP hard to use. I find it pretty straightforward and simple. If you need help, ask me.

No electron left behind.