IGNORED

Article: Streaming Services Through HQPlayer Natively

7 hours ago, Zac said:

Wow this a killer feature! Would love to try this out but I'm not seeing Qobuz available in the dropdown. I'm running 4.15.1 HQplayer Desktop and Client on OSX. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 6.36.52 PM.png

Not in that dropdown. Swipe to right or click Album View on left side of the Client window. Point 6 from the above Johnseyes post. Or look at pictures of the article you are commenting.

On 12/16/2021 at 7:35 PM, Johnseye said:

For anyone struggling to get Qobuz working through HQP, here is what I had to do.  At first nothing would show up under the Album view drop down.  I never added folders to a Library

1. As Chris and others mentioned, make sure you have Desktop running.

2. Go to File -> Library...

3. Select Scan... and pick any folder that has some music to create a library.  Adding more content, for example the parent directory of your music content, will take a lot more time to scan.  If you want to get quick to check out Qobuz just scan a small folder.

4. Once the scan has completed click OK.  You can minimize Desktop if you want.

5. Open HQP Client.  Under Play View -> Upper left drop down, select localhost

6. Click Album view on the left of the app

7. In the upper left drop down you should now see Qobuz.  Select it and login.

8. Upsample your streamed content.  I'm stoked about this.

Will try with Embedded next.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

So I’m trying to switch between HQplayer and Roon by using Sonore Audio App Switcher. 
This wasn’t as easy as expected. Loosing connection with the HQplayer client and almost impossible to reconnect. 

Switching between Roon with HQplayer as endpoint vs Client and HQplayer embedded works a bit better. 

The little I have been able to test, I can’t say I’m able to hear any difference between the 3 possible SW options using Qobuz. 

There also seems to be a small difference in volume, that probably will affect how I perceive the SQ. 

Does this enable full library integration (like in Roon)?

I am referring to the fact that in Roon you see 1 library that consists of content from both local and streaming and you can play any combination of content, rather then limiting it to either local or streaming

1 hour ago, GMG said:

in Roon you see 1 library that consists of content from both local and streaming

In HQPlayer Client local and streaming libraries are separate.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
On 12/14/2021 at 2:55 PM, shum3s said:

Good idea! I am not seeing anybody else having this issue, got to be on my end. I appreciate you being available in the office today! 😉

You are not alone. Same problem here. After stopping I can often manually restart playback. When my playback chain is Qobuz-Roon-HQPlayer the same album play without interruption.

6 hours ago, R1200CL said:

So I’m trying to switch between HQplayer and Roon by using Sonore Audio App Switcher. 

If you're using a Sonore (as I do), setting it to MPD/DLNA mode and using a DLNA player like BubbleUPnP for Android works fantastically well with Qobuz. Sound quality is sky high and leaves the other streaming services behind.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 4:22 PM, GMG said:

Does this enable full library integration (like in Roon)?

I am referring to the fact that in Roon you see 1 library that consists of content from both local and streaming and you can play any combination of content, rather then limiting it to either local or streaming

I'm not fan of that behavior. I think it makes things look messy when multiple streaming service and my local library contains same stuff.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

still unable to get this going?

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

• 2 weeks later...

I have this working, but

when I pull up a playlist, it plays the first  song, advances to the next song, and stops.. sometimes. I have to hit play to get it going again and when that happens  it goes back to the first song in the playlist and plays it again, and then sometimes it goes to the next song and plays it

????

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

• 3 weeks later...

While waiting for HQPD or another IOS way to be able to control HQPlayer remotely, I am trying to use Splashtop which allows remotely controlling the desktop. It’s free to do so if the devices are in a shared network, so it works perfectly. I could use in both iPhone and iPad. I will try it this for a few days to see if this can replace my Roon completely :)

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Currawong said:

I just purchased HQPlayer, and the Qobuz option doesn't show up for me at all. I use Qobuz through Roon, but still, it's a bit of a disappointement

HQPlayer 4 Client

You need to use the Client in addition to the regular HQP (with networking turned on) you are running and add either local host or address of your server; the pick Qobuz in the library drop down. Have you done that? 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 4/12/2022 at 4:23 PM, firedog said:

HQPlayer 4 Client

You need to use the Client in addition to the regular HQP (with networking turned on) you are running and add either local host or address of your server; the pick Qobuz in the library drop down. Have you done that? 

Done that (it's localhost). The drop-down doesn't show Qobuz. Both apps are open, and networking is on, as I've been using it with Roon.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:39 PM, Currawong said:

I just purchased HQPlayer, and the Qobuz option doesn't show up for me at all. I use Qobuz through Roon, but still, it's a bit of a disappointement

I don't know why it works the way it does, but add an album or all of them if you want, to HQP and then you should see Qobuz appear as an option.

No electron left behind.

6 hours ago, Currawong said:

Done that (it's localhost). The drop-down doesn't show Qobuz. Both apps are open, and networking is on, as I've been using it with Roon.

For me, it sometimes takes a bit to "find" the server. Open and close it a couple of times. Or maybe try server and put in the ip and see what happens.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

On 4/12/2022 at 4:23 PM, firedog said:

HQPlayer 4 Client

Ok, I found the problem. I didn't realise that you had to actually click on the side bar which says "Album view". 

4 hours ago, Currawong said:

Ok, I found the problem. I didn't realise that you had to actually click on the side bar which says "Album view". 

Yeah, that threw me for a loop when I first started using HQPlayer. Its quirks are worth it though, imo.

edit: You can also get to the pages with the "1" "2" and "3" keys on the Client.

No electron left behind.

7 hours ago, Currawong said:

Yeah, the interface isn't exactly intuitive. I did think of mentioning that to you, but I didn't want to sound condescending.

It took me a few tries to figure it out when I first used it. 

6 hours ago, firedog said:

Yeah, the interface isn't exactly intuitive. I did think of mentioning that to you, but I didn't want to sound condescending.

It took me a few tries to figure it out when I first used it. 

Ha. No worries about that. I'm at that age where my teenage daughter is doing more sophisticated things with her iPhone than I knew were possible. Given that I'm the only person in the house that knows how to decipher USB connections correctly, and have probably forgotten more about computers than they collective know, that's rather embarrassing.