IGNORED

Article: Streaming Services Through HQPlayer Natively

The sound quality difference between listening to Qobuz directly through HQPlayer and listening to it through the HQPlayer plus Roon implementation is pretty dramatic in favor of direct.  I wonder how much of that is due to additional processing load put on the system by the HQP plus Roon combination and how much is just added (noise?) resulting from running the stream through both applications?  Have those of you running Roon on a NAS or a separate computer from the one running HQP noticed a similar improvement in sound quality?

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

14 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Absolutely.

Okay, but what's needed to run the Client on, say, a laptop, that doesn't have the Desktop version installed? Is there a standalone version of the client? 

I'm asking b/c I tried running it on a laptop, and I'm getting error messages that I need all sorts of .dll files from the desktop installation for it to run. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

12 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

However, if you have both the Desktop and Client running on the same PC, and you select Localhost, and then go to album view and try to select Qobuz it should appear.

So in order to have the embedded which is Linux to work, you must in addition have the windows version installed on another computer?

Please explain how to properly make the embedded work. 

3 hours ago, firedog said:

Okay, but what's needed to run the Client on, say, a laptop, that doesn't have the Desktop version installed? Is there a standalone version of the client? 

I'm asking b/c I tried running it on a laptop, and I'm getting error messages that I need all sorts of .dll files from the desktop installation for it to run. 

I used the client on my Mac. I only installed the client, not full desktop. However, you can do a full install of desktop and client, but only use the client that doesn’t require a license. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, Pashmeister said:

Is it possible to control Qobuz music through the HQPDControl app? I can only play/pause/skip but not search for albums/artists. It would be awesome if this is possible. I could unsubscribe from Roon. 

I believe @Ales Prochazka is looking at this to see if it’s possible. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, firedog said:

It's not intended in the way that you only copy HQPlayer  Client executable to other computer.
Run the ordinary HQPlayer setup executable and then you get 3 checkboxes for server, client and documentation. This way when you install Client without Server, no libraries will be missing. That's what I did on my Atom CPU mini PC only to show an example running Client on low power CPU. Client installation does not require HQPlayer license.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I only installed the client, not full desktop.

So one has to use the client to control HQPlayer and then Qobuz via the embedded SW ?

So you will need an extra PC, or does there exist an IOS client ?

Edit

Just read the article one more time. Will test with the client on my PC. I see this is a requirement. 
Would be nice if could be possible by the IOS app. I assume it’s technically possible. 

12 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

So one has to use the client to control HQPlayer and then Qobuz via the embedded SW ?

So you will need an extra PC, or does there exist an IOS client ?

Edit

Just read the article one more time. Will test with the client on my PC. I see this is a requirement. 
Would be nice if could be possible by the IOS app. I assume it’s technically possible. 

Yes, this would be even better if / there's an iOS way to control it. I hope HDPDcontrol can do it eventually. 

22 hours ago, bogi said:

It will run on anything capable of running Windows or supported Linux versions.
Win10 tablets usually run on Intel Atom or Intel Celeron low power consumption processors.
As an example here is HQPlayer Client running on Atom Z8350 mini PC (there are tablets running on the same processor):

image.thumb.png.c90476b01b7c178f3031f2b77764323d.png

image.thumb.png.3c3b0db58aa99a91d95e72b560397b9e.png

Unfortunately not on x32 Windows OS...which I have on my tablet

13 hours ago, shum3s said:

D Everything is working and sounds fantastic, except when playing a album only one to three tracks will play then stop. I have to go back re- launch the client to play the next track, then start the whole process over again. Am I missing something here? 

I need the “Audio Doctor” to diagnose my problems! 😊

Thanks Sam 

Does that happen every single time?

No electron left behind.

6 hours ago, R1200CL said:

So in order to have the embedded which is Linux to work, you must in addition have the windows version installed on another computer?

Please explain how to properly make the embedded work. 

Much like Roon, there are two pieces to the puzzle to make it work, the client and the server. The Client is the control app that is bundled with the desktop version of HQP, which also includes the server app for desktop. There is also the Embedded version of the server. The third part is not essential but recommended and that is an NAA (network audio appliance) The desktop version can be ran together on the same computer, or two separate computers. Embedded requires the Client to be on a different computer.

So, if you want to get it working take a screenshot of the complete embedded configuration page, and get the client up and running on a separate PC and i'll look at the embedded settings and see if anything is preventing it from working.

No electron left behind.

32 minutes ago, skipspence said:

Unfortunately not on x32 Windows OS...which I have on my tablet

That's true. I see the Qobuz option brought new demands for HQPlayer Client to run on IOS, Win x32 ... and nobody mentioned Android tablets.

I like the solution type of HQPWV (HQPlayer Web Viewer). If the server part would be integrated with HQPlayer Desktop Server, client web interface could run practically on anything including mobile devices and tablets.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

Thanks for the quick reply AD.

Can't get it working. I have desktop version open on my Win10PC and client open on my MacBook Pro but I see no Qobuz or even connection to my WinPC.

I have the allow network connection ticked on the Win 10 PC.

Apologies but I am very new to HQP4 but would see this additional function as a definite reason to purchase.