IGNORED

OPTIMO_ATX - truly linear ATX power supply

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is anyone else having issues opening jcat.eu links?   Is the site down?

I have been getting this for three days...

This site can’t be reached

jcat.eu refused to connect.

(Update) For some reason it's working now.  All good.

"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"
  • 6 months later...

I'm sure the OPTIMO S ATX is superb. But I've had my Teradak fully linear PSU for nearly 7 years.

Just saying...

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

Yep.

"The host uses the module is a pure linear power chip, no ATX module. Do not use the switch power supply chip. The whole machine is pure separation type voltage stabilizing linear power supply."

http://www.teradak.com/products/105.html

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

I do not think the teradak uses regulators capable of delivering 23A on every rail with less then 23uV of noise. 

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

1 minute ago, RickyV said:

I do not think the teradak uses regulators capable of delivering 23A on every rail with less then 23uV of noise. 

No doubt you're right. But I never said it did 🙂.

I think saying this is a bit suspect though:

"JCAT INTRODUCES THE ONLY 100% LINEAR COMPUTER POWER SUPPLY ON THE MARKET"

Mani.

17 minutes ago, manisandher said:

JCAT INTRODUCES THE ONLY 100% LINEAR COMPUTER POWER SUPPLY ON THE MARKET"

yes I saw that too, not sure what that means

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

7 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

Teradak does not say anything on their website except for power transformer used. And looking at the pictures, the way it is built, I have serious doubts one can call it an ATX power supply.

The Teradak uses no buck converters, and yet outputs the following:

206042114_TeradakATX275Specs.JPG.e702306e0d8815eb2e194b5e38e58f10.JPG

Having owned one for 7 years, with the top off many times to make various adjustments, I have no doubt that the the Teradak is a fully linear ATX power supply. But you go ahead claiming whatever you want.

I won't contaminate your thread any more...

Mani.

@manisandher it takes a lot more than a multi-rail PSU with ATX connectors to be able to call it an ATX power supply.

It is relatively easy to make such a PSU, but there will be compatibility issues with various motherboards and stability issues.

OPTIMO S ATX has a CPU with custom software which monitors all states and parameters of the PSU in real-time.  E.g. according to ATX requirements, the PSU must start within 500ms or shorter. The OPTIMO S ATX starts in 368ms (please see the screenshot below). These requirements are important in order to ensure compatibility with motherboards.

172357642_223167876267020_290547155028174495_n.thumb.png.a6086e0dd06c8e8e59fc8729b15be173.png

BTW - we power the CPU with a linear PSU too to keep the noise as low as possible

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 2 weeks later...