IGNORED

Hqplayer4 Remote HQPDcontrol v4

Bushikai

4 hours ago, Ales Prochazka said:

When I see the number of donors, it seems that some people feel that it does itself. Unfortunately, that's the reality today.

They don't see that there is a lot of work and time behind it. And the ancillary costs. In order to publish iOS versions, I had to get a MacBook and an iPad. But so be it, I took it as an expansion of my horizons.

On my PC and NUC, I use several pieces of software that cost nothing to download, but that include requests for PayPal funding "if you enjoy using this software."

Unfortunately, Apple's insistence that all in-app purchases go through its app store precludes developers from collecting 100% of the proceeds from any funds solicited through the app, but there is a workaround that could bring in funds from users not using this website:  create a "deluxe" version with an extra feature or two that would unlock if the user paid a small fee through the app store.  If I recall correctly, I have paid upgrade fees for the iOS (or Android, as applicable) versions of mconnect and Peng, among others, that did something more than the basic version does or that eliminated advertising. . 

Of course, if you raise funds this way, you don't get 100% of the collected funds, you can't collect from users who are happy with the basic version at all, and you definitely are subject to income taxation (presumably offsettable by quantifiable development expense, such as the purchase of Apple hardware dedicated to development use), but the request for funding reaches a wider audience than you will find here. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

On 7/7/2022 at 2:30 PM, Jud said:

Do you have any indication of the number of users other than the number of downloads and conversations here?

I've only got inaccurate data. It could be around 200 active installs on Apple devices.
I admit my comment was out of place. I didn't realize that there are only a fraction of users here on the forum.

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

1 hour ago, Ales Prochazka said:

I didn't realize that there are only a fraction of users here on the forum.

But we are of course the best users! 😉

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I admit my comment was out of place. I didn't realize that there are only a fraction of users here on the forum.

Don‘t worry!

We (few) love your product 🙂

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, the_bat said:

Slightly surprised there doesn't seem to have been any further traffic on this since July.

I've just found that HQPDControl works happily on my M1 iMac, so even happier to contribute if it's still alive.

I'm sorry, I'm busy at work.
The project is still alive.
I have some minor modifications ready for the new version. As soon as I have time to do it, I will post the new version.

Hi Ales,

a useful little thing disappeared with 6.5.7

when pressing on pause, the icon turned green, it was very useful

now it remains white in play or pause

I have a small request about the banner that appears in pop-up at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds when you start an album

is it possible to mount this banner so that it leaves accessible the lower part of the screen where the 5 icons are located?

Or shrink that banner so it doesn’t take the entire screen in width?

because I use the lower part to go to the screen of the song while reading, I find it more convenient than the icon at the top right 🙂

Thank you

7 minutes ago, Lio_B said:

Hi Ales,

I agree that the change to green is valuable, especially in an app in which “play” and “pause” are not accesses through a single icon that toggles.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

3 hours ago, Lio_B said:

Hi Ales,

I have a small request about the banner that appears in pop-up at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds when you start an album

is it possible to mount this banner so that it leaves accessible the lower part of the screen where the 5 icons are located?

Or shrink that banner so it doesn’t take the entire screen in width?

because I use the lower part to go to the screen of the song while reading, I find it more convenient than the icon at the top right 🙂

Thank you

Hi,

The green colour of the active Pause mode is back.

There is a bit of a problem with the snackbar.
Flutter follows the definition in Material Design and does not allow you to define the position of the SnackBar. It does allow you to define the width, but due to the large variety of different display devices, this is not an easy way to go.

Would it help if I reduced the SnackBar display time in the case of the Album Detail screen to 2 seconds? Now the default value is used and it is 4 seconds.

On 11/12/2022 at 1:37 PM, the_bat said:

Thanks Ales.  Donation sent.

One small enhancement request if I may:  could you either replicate the three dots for add/add replace play etc on both sides of the screen or (probably better) make which side they appear on configurable to help those of us who are left handed?

Many thanks

Alan

Hi Alan,

I'll check it out.
By the way, ejecting the bottom sheet on the "Album Detail" screen can also be done by long-tapping the album cover.

Hi,

The green colour of the active Pause mode is back.

There is a bit of a problem with the snackbar.
Flutter follows the definition in Material Design and does not allow you to define the position of the SnackBar. It does allow you to define the width, but due to the large variety of different display devices, this is not an easy way to go.

Would it help if I reduced the SnackBar display time in the case of the Album Detail screen to 2 seconds? Now the default value is used and it is 4 seconds.

Ales

it would be good to reduce the snackbar to 2 seconds

thanks again for all the effort

1 hour ago, mtcs said:

Hi Ales,

I'm not sure what I did but I have developed a problem. The "mode" box no longer gives me a choice for SDM , only PCM. So I can't play with DSD output. How can I fix this? Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

Try running the HQPlayer Client (for HQP Desktop) or the web client (for HQP Embedded) and see if you can switch the output to DSD.

HQPDcontrol should offer the options it gets via the API. It doesn't decide itself when to display what in the lists. But of course I don't rule out a bug.

6 hours ago, wanta911 said:

Hi,

how do I delete a playlist from HQPDcontrol v4? I have ended up with the only 2 playlists I have being duplicated under the playlist menu but only one of them actually loads content.

Hi,

HQPDc does not allow any manipulation of the library contents.
Everything is handled on the HQPd/HQPe side and then synchronized in HQPDc.

Hello @Ales Prochazka,

Thank you for that great remote i just discovered, way way better than Audirvana one!!

the best part i like is that it caches the album art when you have seen it once...

so i look at the Albums art tab on the remote and scroll slowly to see all my nearly 4900 albums (that is long to do),

then they are all caches on my iPhone 13, ios 16. Perfect, then you can scroll fast, look at artist albums all remains caches, excellent!

But :)

When i had an album in HQPlayer Desktop, i have to sync HQPlayer library on the remote to see the new album appear... then, i lose all my preciously cache album art... is this normal? or is there a way to just add the new album without resetting all the others?

Again, thank you for a great remote!

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13