IGNORED

Hqplayer4 Remote HQPDcontrol v4

Bushikai

7 hours ago, Igor Gaich said:

please add landscape orientation of the screen for version 4 so that it is better on the Android TV, in the old version (the one with the blue icon) it is there and you can watch it comfortably on the Android TV.

This is a version with a different codebase (Android only) that is no longer maintained.

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

3 hours ago, Christopher S. Johnson said:

Up until very recently HQPD Control on iOS always showed me data about the currently playing track, such Fiter, Shaper, Matrix Profile, etc. It no longer does so, even though the connection icon is green. I tried deleting and re-installing, but no change. Any ideas?

1) Any updates HQP, HQPDC or iOS before it stopped working?
2) Are you using HQPD or HQPE?

23 hours ago, Christopher S. Johnson said:

I just thought of something. I recently started using Fidelizer on the PC running Roon and HQPlayer. Perhaps Fidelizer has turned off some network port or something? I do have a green connection icon though. Just no data. 

Such tools commonly break HQPlayer functionalities here and there.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Ok, that’s probably it, then.

The thing is, when I am not running Fidelizer, my PC can only handle upsampling to DSD256. DSD512 just starts and stops and was not an option. I was somewhat amazed that when using Fidelizer, my PC could suddenly upsample to DSD512 without any dropouts. I know it’s disabling a lot of things in the background to achieve that, but I can’t argue with results.

Thanks so much for your response!

17 hours ago, Christopher S. Johnson said:

Ok, that’s probably it, then.

The thing is, when I am not running Fidelizer, my PC can only handle upsampling to DSD256. DSD512 just starts and stops and was not an option. I was somewhat amazed that when using Fidelizer, my PC could suddenly upsample to DSD512 without any dropouts. I know it’s disabling a lot of things in the background to achieve that, but I can’t argue with results.

Thanks so much for your response!

Setting your Windows Power Profile to Maximum Performance or Ultimate Performance should be enough.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, quinn_t said:

I was looking for Qobuz support, now I've found out it does not per @Ales Prochazka

HQPlayer Client does support... But it always depends on the specific control application. It would need to be implemented in HQPDcontrol. Technically it is possible, but it's quite complex overtaking as a complete process.

12 minutes ago, Miska said:

Every time I begin to read Apple's rules for apps submitted to App Store, my eyes glaze over.

Technical part is about just building the application for that environment. Not much to port. But all the non-technical things are the major put off.

It would be great if the HQPlayer Client is supported on the iOS devices, I would have thought.
This would remove the need of using Roon for a lot of HQPlayer users, and that would include me.

• 1 month later...

Hello @Ales Prochazka, it seems that at every iOS update the cache of the albums cover disappear... maybe it is not cache at the right place on the iPhone?

all albums were cache for a 8gb of space on my iPhone till 2 days when i updated to 17.0.1, now back to 48mb with none album cover cache... 

IMG_0768.jpeg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

25 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Hello @Ales Prochazka, it seems that at every iOS update the cache of the albums cover disappear... maybe it is not cache at the right place on the iPhone?

all albums were cache for a 8gb of space on my iPhone till 2 days when i updated to 17.0.1, now back to 48mb with none album cover cache... 

Hi,

I use a third party plugin to process album cover images. 

From their description:
The cached files are stored in the temporary directory of the app. This means the OS can delete the files any time.

Most likely something has changed in iOS.

• 2 months later...

Is there a reason this would have better SQ than using a upnp server?

Seems like it to me comparing to Daphile/LMS.

QNAP NAS w/minimserver, iBuypower  i7 13700kf,  RTXa5000 24g GPU, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS minimal server, HQPe v5 x64 avx2, HQPDcontrol4,  HQPlayer Client iOS, mconnect playerHD, JplayiOS, Daphile on Asus PN-51-s1 (AMD 5700u) in Akasa fanless case, Snakeoil OS NAA/NAA image on Fitlet2 , Lampizator Big 7 MKII Balanced, Pass XVR1, Pass X5, Pass XA 100.5’s, PSB Stratus Gold(i)’s, Vandersteen 2wq’s.

• 2 months later...

I have been using HQPDControl for a few years now and it is invaluable with HQPlayer Desktop (version 4 in my case).

One significant shortcoming though is that the Composer field content is not displayed anywhere, this means that when listening to an album made up of pieces by several composers it can sometimes be hard to know which composer one is listening to. One can find out from documentation or similar but this is not particularly convenient.

Could it be added to the play screen? Ideally also the playlist screen but there may not be space. The information is in the HQPlayer library file so it should be fairly straightforward to add. Perhaps with an option in settings in case some people do not want to see the Composer field displayed. People who do not often listen to classical music probably have little interest in the field.

23 minutes ago, AB99 said:

I have been using HQPDControl for a few years now and it is invaluable with HQPlayer Desktop (version 4 in my case).

One significant shortcoming though is that the Composer field content is not displayed anywhere, this means that when listening to an album made up of pieces by several composers it can sometimes be hard to know which composer one is listening to. One can find out from documentation or similar but this is not particularly convenient.

Could it be added to the play screen? Ideally also the playlist screen but there may not be space. The information is in the HQPlayer library file so it should be fairly straightforward to add. Perhaps with an option in settings in case some people do not want to see the Composer field displayed. People who do not often listen to classical music probably have little interest in the field.

It shouldn't be a problem.

As long as we are discussing the interface, I would love to see not only the requested "composer" field displayed, but, also, a "new" or "recent" screen that displays the last 50 or 100 albums imported. Most of the other UI's that I like - JRiver, LMS, Audirvana, Roon - allow that field to be displayed, if not designated as, or defaulted to, the landing screen. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s